displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Slight brake judder
si_batt

Post #1
Having just rebuilt the rear calipers on the 306, I've noticed it's got a slight judder during medium braking that I don't think was there before. The rear caliper sliders were pretty well seized before I rebuilt them, I'm wondering whether one or both rear discs could have become warped when the calipers were seized, and now they I've freed them up and they are actually doing some braking, the problem has been uncovered. Has anybody had anything like this before? I think it's quite a coincidence that the problem has seemed to surface after I've done work on the rear calipers so thinking its possibly something related to this.

Cheers, Simon
Posted 10th Dec 2012 at 22:08
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
yep mine were both in a shocking order and warped the rear discs. really made it uncomfortable under fairly hard breaking. new discs, pads and sort the callipers and its perfect now
Posted 10th Dec 2012 at 23:07
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Me too, warped front disc due to sticking caliper, replaced discs and pads, perfect now.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 10th Dec 2012 at 23:40