displaying posts 101 to 125 of 232

Pages (10): first .. 4 [5] 6 .. last

Author Subject: Owain on the naughty step?
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #101
I love you owain Wave

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 21:33
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #102
jsoulman wrote:
dangti6 wrote:
I remember when Soulman said he had been speaking to Welshpug! and posted his login details.

Curiosity got the best of me so I gave it a go and it was actually WP's correct password LOL

Well curiosity got to the better of some people this time too so it seems ha. Password is now changed again.

Curiosity did kill the cat'ain.

Oh no. That was Stan.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 21:41
    swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #103
    Owain and welshpug for admins

Black p3 Love
    Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 21:43
    eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #104
    dan that avatar is a masterpiece

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
    Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 21:47
    mellowr1

Senior User

Post #105
    is this thread really still goingShock id of thought it would be closed by nowUnsure

may just add owain's ok......at least he replies to my postsLOL Thumbs up
    Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 22:55
    gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #106
    Free the Ryton 1!!
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 01:49
    ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #107
    Fair play what a load of nonsense. All the times Owain used to be a nob (had to get it in LOL) and he never got banned yet the guy speaks his mind in a way that wasn't offensive or anything and myself and most others happen to 100% agree with him and you put him on the naughty step. It seems someone is on a power trip, didn't like what he was saying and as Eliot said seems to have a personal issue with Owain which isn't a justified reason to ban him.

That forum admin user is just another load of rubbish. It's clearly an account all admin's can use and I'm sure I recall Kev explaining this at the time of it's introduction but it seems to only be used whenever an admin doesn't want to have to justify their comments or actions. It's a bit obvious on occasions like Stan warning Welshy with it before he got banned. Either that or Stan must of emailed/text said user and said "go on the owners club and sort Welshpug out for me will you, he's getting too clever and way too helpfull for my liking". I'll go with Stan logging in as forum admin and banning him as he didn't have the minerals to do it without hiding behind this 'other user'.

As has been said by many it's just like playground rules at the end of the day and it's just sad Imo, no other word for it. This forum used to be really good, now you come on here and you have the owner calling admin's liars, members pointing out the owner is lying, members pointing out that 'non profit making forum' actually makes a fair wedge and arguing about that and crazy people correcting everything anyone says and arguing about part numbers, if you step back and look at it all it's quite strange for what is simply a car forum. Seeing as feedback should never be purely negative I'll give the forum one good thing though, it's certainly unique even if it is in a bad way.

Ryan
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 05:12
    swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #108
    Thumbs up

Black p3 Love
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 06:36
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #109
    bigbadbowen wrote:
    If you don't like the site then don't use it ?

Pretty simple

I think Chris has the best advice on this occasion. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 07:25
    rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #110
    Am i the only one on here who doesn't care if he's making a profit on here?

A fiver is cheaper than Club306's membership, far busier and more associated with the type of car i own.
    At the end of the day, they built this website; kept it free for many years and perhaps deserve a little back, maybe in future we should consider how much of their time has been put into building this forum.

Ok, i accept things have taken a little longer than usual for things to be fixed, but we all have lives to live and therefore cannot be expected to be at the beck and call of this website!!

Perhaps this would be a good time as any (mentioned earlier) passing the Admin role around a little so that the website can be maintained rather than relying on Ash.

Stop your complaining, get off your high horse and look at the positives that outweigh the negatives on this site!!!

Hmm rant over...

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
    You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
    - Top Tip!!!
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 07:37
    Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #111
    these sort of posts that seem to be popping up regularly really do make this forum look like a good place to spend your £5 (which i also dont understand as you get much more from most free forums!!).
    Turning into .net really. if you dont say what certain people want to hear, you get penalised.
    I wont be renewing my membership!
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 07:40
    swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #112
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    bigbadbowen wrote:

Pretty simple

Shock how? Maintain the site then you may get more custom and keep alot of the good members on here whith the brain for gti6's. let the forum fall behind on things then people will leave and go somewhere else like u say. Is that really what you want?

Black p3 Love
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:13
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #113
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    bigbadbowen wrote:

Pretty simple

Not the attitude to take certainly as admin monkey, surely you should be trying to sort the issues, and that does not mean lying to us for three wwweeks saying the eternally absent ash is aware of issues.

We are paying customers.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:30
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #114
    Where exactly would these members go then?

The people who are complaining seem to spend an awful lot of time here, therefore if there was a better forum out there that was free to use etc why haven't people already left and gone there?

Simple answer is, there isn't. That's because this site is model specific and that's why we're all here.
    Swiftyboi - You've been here 2.5 years, I've been here nearly 9 years and I can tell you in that time as well as enjoying this great community for what it is and meeting and befriending loads of great people including Ash himself that this is a great forum to be part of and in that time I've not found a better one out there which caters anywhere near as well for the model of vehicle we all own. Smile

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:30
    barry.rs

Seasoned Pro

Post #115
    rich306 wrote:
    Am i the only one on here who doesn't care if he's making a profit on here?

A fiver is cheaper than Club306's membership, far busier and more associated with the type of car i own.
    At the end of the day, they built this website; kept it free for many years and perhaps deserve a little back, maybe in future we should consider how much of their time has been put into building this forum.

Ok, i accept things have taken a little longer than usual for things to be fixed, but we all have lives to live and therefore cannot be expected to be at the beck and call of this website!!

Perhaps this would be a good time as any (mentioned earlier) passing the Admin role around a little so that the website can be maintained rather than relying on Ash.

Stop your complaining, get off your high horse and look at the positives that outweigh the negatives on this site!!!

Hmm rant over...

No one has an issue with Ash making a profit and in fact I have been pro membership fees for a long time but what Ash should accept is that once we are paying for a service he needs to put a bit of extra effort in. The site is worth around £60 a week to him in fees so a couple of hours a week isnt too much to ask is it?

stan_306gti6 wrote:
    Where exactly would these members go then?

The people who are complaining seem to spend an awful lot of time here, therefore if there was a better forum out there that was free to use etc why haven't people already left and gone there?

Short answer; people are lazy so all it takes is someone to get off there ass and offer an alternative.
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:34
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #116
    Unlikely to happen then Barry seeing as the site has been running for 10 years and no-one has done it yet.

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:40
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #117
    Dont forget the adverts too (god bless adblockers Laugh my ass off )

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:40
    rikky 🦔

Post #118
    nothing is irreplaceable

if enough people just feck off then they'll go elsewhere. i've started using 205drivers about ten fold more than i did a year ago, and not because i've got a 205!

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:43
    ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #119
    This situation has come about a few times over the years. You will all b**ch and moan, say you won't be returning or have had enough of the site, other sites are better, 306.net is better or this site is turning into it.

The same result will happen, most people will get over it, they will still stay, the forum will still be the same and remain better than .net, owain will still be a nob etc...

Less than 24 hours to go!
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:45
    rikky 🦔

Post #120
    i think you'll find the likes of 205drivers are what you can compare this site to, but with 10x the users

306.net is good, but not on the level of this site so not comparable. it is very handy for HDI / XUD info

this site is extremely handy but given the amount of cars these engines now live in, and the fact that aside from the engine the majority of other stuff on the cars remains the same, you can find all the info out elsewhere. and i've been here a long time so have no intention of leaving but if it carries on the way it is there will be nobody left

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:48
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #121
    That's correct Rikky, nothing is irreplaceable.

People have a choice, to either stay or go. For the 10 years people have stayed. Maybe it will change one day, who knows?

But for now I would say the site is going strong. Yes, it has it's issues from time to time but overall I believe there is a strong sense of community.

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 08:48
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #122
    To be fair the sense of community comes from 95% of non '6 owners.

The other 5% own one, but don't really give a damn about them.

• Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 09:02
    rikky 🦔

Post #123
    i hate them so i buy them at every opportunity and cut them in half

Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 09:07
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #124
    rikky wrote:
    i've started using 205drivers about ten fold more than i did a year ago, and not because i've got a 205!

Unsure

LOL

• Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 09:14
    silky

Seasoned Pro

Post #125
    Having read a few recent topics it seems that some people can't tell the truth, some can't handle the truth, people are getting banned for no appropriate reason and some people are letting the power of 'admin' go to their head.

Any chance of a thread with a list of banned people and the real reason as to why they're banned?

From what I've seen that's Welshpug and Owain banned in recent weeks and I can't work out why. Most of the time it seems to be that if someone's view isn't the same as 'Forum Admin' then a ban comes out. Pretty immature
    Posted 28th Nov 2012 at 09:23

Pages (10): first .. 4 [5] 6 .. last

This thread has been locked