displaying posts 26 to 50 of 232

Pages (10): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: Owain on the naughty step?
Matt_rallye

Regular

Post #26
Urm.... ^^^^ what they said
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 14:08
barry.rs

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Hmmm so is this a permanent ban for Owain?

Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 14:27
Forum Admin Forum Admin

Post #28
Not a permanent ban no.

To contact the Forum Admin team, please click here to send a PM.

Please also read the Forum Rules and the For Sale rules.
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 14:29
rikky 🦔

Post #29
why hide behind that username? it's like a veil! i ain't arsed but it's like you use that account and pretend it was each other whodunnit LOL

smells like politicians!

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 14:37
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #30
This place is starting to get stupid now,pure school yard stuff from the hilter Admin team banning O just because the forums f**ked and nothing works!
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:03
rikky 🦔

Post #31
i think it's all entirely Rich E's fault. everything.

actually i think it's nothing to do with any of them and purely ash's choice

he who has the gold makes the rules etc

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:05
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #32
rikky wrote:
i think it's all entirely Rich E's fault. everything.

actually i think it's nothing to do with any of them and purely ash's choice

he who has the gold makes the rules etc

Nah it has to be Welly's fault as the forums f**ked Yes

I do get the sense with Capt Ash thats its" my football so my rules" though and not in the decision of the "members" whom kindly pay to be part of this "community" Roll eyes
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:08
jammapic

Senior User

Post #33
I know a few people have already thrown their hats into the ring, but I am a php developer and have access to multiple servers all over the world which I'm happy to provide for free to the club.

Always happy to help...

JP

HDI Engine Tuning / Remapping Services - https://www.facebook.com/dervtech

306 GTi-6 Track Car - 200+ hp all N/A!
306 DTurbo Track beasty - 209.9hp - RIP
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:13
barry.rs

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Thats also how I feel Ash comes across these days.

Prior to membership that attitude is fine as its his site afterall; but now its a business we should be treated as customers and not ignored or effectively told where to go if you dont like it.
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:13
rikky 🦔

Post #35
jammapic wrote:
I know a few people have already thrown their hats into the ring, but I am a php developer and have access to multiple servers all over the world which I'm happy to provide for free to the club.

Always happy to help...

JP

it is quite clear ash wants to do things his own way and won't accept help from people it seems!

Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:15
Chris28190

Senior User

Post #36
:/ this place is shocking and I wont be renewing the membership, too many other good forums I use that are free. Best bit about them is they work properly Big grin. If this keeps happening I can see another site made up and everyone jumping ship.

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:19
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
What needs to happen:
A)More transparent admin usage i.e Delete that F**KING Forum Admin account

CoolStop banning people because you have an issue with them.

C)Stop banning people without warnings. I.E adopt a Strikes system before bans

D)Respect the people how are PAYING for the site.

E)Unban Owain, Im not even sure why he was banned in the first place? And reasons for bans, even temporary ones should always be given.

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:27
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #38
Chris28190 wrote:
:/ this place is shocking and I wont be renewing the membership, too many other good forums I use that are free. Best bit about them is they work properly Big grin. If this keeps happening I can see another site made up and everyone jumping ship.

Who are you? Unsure

Jusk kidding mate.I agree with the point of other free forums that run without hiccup but my biggest gripe is Ash's attitude towards the members and the lack of commitment to the forum.
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:43
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
I dont really give a s**t. Theres more to life then internet forums.
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:46
rikky 🦔

Post #40
than*

if it wasn't for owain you wouldn't be here

b**ch

Razz

Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:48
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #41
jsoulman wrote:

Best get off them then Thumbs up
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:48
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #42
eliotrw wrote:
What needs to happen:
A)More transparent admin usage i.e Delete that F**KING Forum Admin account

CoolStop banning people because you have an issue with them.

C)Stop banning people without warnings. I.E adopt a Strikes system before bans

D)Respect the people how are PAYING for the site.

E)Unban Owain, Im not even sure why he was banned in the first place? And reasons for bans, even temporary ones should always be given.

Ok...

I will answer your points.

1) "Forum Admin" is a user, not a duplicate account of one of us. They work alongside us, that's all.

2) People aren't banned because of a personal issue with them. They are banned because they have either broken the rules or over-stepped the mark with certain comments.

3) It is possible to ban people without warning. You may get 3 points and fine for speeding in your car before you eventually get banned, however if you were caught at 150mph then you would most likely get an instant ban, without warning. There is no difference.

4) Paying members are respected, yes sometimes things aren't done straight away but let's be fair where else would you get a better service for something if you only paid £5 per annum. It's the cost of a Big Mac and fries.

5) Owain will be unbanned when the ban period had expired. As moderators we do give individuals an explanation of why they have been banned, however why does it need to be public? If you got banned from driving today, you should have the reasons explained to you in an appropriate manner. However, it doesn't need to be broadcast on News at Ten tonight for me to know all about it as it has nothing to do with me and doesn't affect me in any way either, therefore bans and the reasons behind them are not made public.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:51
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
roland rat wrote:
jsoulman wrote:

Best get off them then Thumbs up

What like you did? Roll eyes

Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 15:58
barry.rs

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
stan_306gti6 wrote:

Ok...

I will answer your points.

1) "Forum Admin" is a user, not a duplicate account of one of us. They work alongside us, that's all.

2) People aren't banned because of a personal issue with them. They are banned because they have either broken the rules or over-stepped the mark with certain comments.

3) It is possible to ban people without warning. You may get 3 points and fine for speeding in your car before you eventually get banned, however if you were caught at 150mph then you would most likely get an instant ban, without warning. There is no difference.

4) Paying members are respected, yes sometimes things aren't done straight away but let's be fair where else would you get a better service for something if you only paid £5 per annum. It's the cost of a Big Mac and fries.

5) Owain will be unbanned when the ban period had expired. As moderators we do give individuals an explanation of why they have been banned, however why does it need to be public? If you got banned from driving today, you should have the reasons explained to you in an appropriate manner. However, it doesn't need to be broadcast on News at Ten tonight for me to know all about it as it has nothing to do with me and doesn't affect me in any way either, therefore bans and the reasons behind them are not made public.

Just a couple of comments Stan.

point 2.

The ban came across as personal rather than over stepping the mark.

point 3.

Its not £5 a year as we all contribute that amount so why cant "someone" get off there ass for £3k a year?
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 16:00
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #45
Stan which rule did Owain break to have the ban put in place?

And why is "Forum Admin" such a guarded secret?is it bruce wayne? Hyper
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 16:03
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
Whats your point? LOL
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 16:05
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #47
Barry - Thanks for the feedback. Smile

I don't believe the ban was personal, however it was Ash that made the call not any of us moderators.

As for the cost, I can understand the frustration. However, people have asked for things to be changed and work has been done to make that happen. People moaned about the 'Classifieds', I approached Ash with peoples concerns and ideas and Ash redesigned it to the system we have now. As with the editing function being broken, I believed Ash was aware of it, however he was under the impression it was rectified until I brought it to his attention that the issue was still present. Within 4 days of me doing so, Ash has fixed it.

Yes sometimes things aren't instant, but I don't think there is much room in the argument that "nothing gets done". Thumbs up

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 16:08
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
just out of interest can Owain still read PM's? I wanna send him a message.
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 16:13
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
Thats all fine.
But the banning situation and the existance of a account called Forum Admin is a joke tbh.
Its like Soviet Russia or North Korea or something.
What is the reason Owain was banned for?
Other than speaking absolute fact.

( Im not saying you are accountable, but ash jumping on for a few minutes fixing a month old issue and then p**sing off before banning Owain without reason is a sack of ****)]

I disagree with you though.
That ban was about as personal as a ban can get as Owain was vocal about the sites shortcomings, and didnt shy away from harsh truths.
he wasnt offensive or personal towards Ash, In my eyes all the things he said had a valid reason behind them.

Theres a fine line between community and democracy and this is in my eyes an action that falls quite massively in the democracy side of the fence.
If forum admin is a user, Who is forum admin?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 16:14
rikky 🦔

Post #50
it is ash, by the sounds of it

Posted 27th Nov 2012 at 16:20

Pages (10): 1 [2] 3 .. last

This thread has been locked