displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: 310mm brake discs
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I'm looking at fitting some 310mm brake discs to my car, they need to be 28mm thick with a 220mm eye diameter (45mm swept area).

So far i've found AP racing, Tarox and HiSpec do discs in this size, can anybody recommend a supplier for the above discs?

I've found a few suppliers for each of the above, just thought i'd ask here as there are some knowledgeable folks who may know some cheaper suppliers or other companies that do the desired size discs, i havent made any bells yet so it's not critical what pcd the mounting bolts are.

I've read a few bad things on the internet about HiSpec, does anyone have any actual experience? Their prices are much cheaper than AP's which is attracting me, but i'll be annoyed if i get a set of their discs only to warp or crack them.

Thanks in advance. Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 25th Nov 2012 at 21:31
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
with regards to hi spec a friend who races/raced his 306 uses hi specs and has not had any problems if that helps
Posted 25th Nov 2012 at 21:34
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
All of ash's kits use hi spec rotors don't they??
Is it even possible to warp a 28mm thick disc on a 306?? Not being funny here I genuinely want to know.
I guess if they are red hot then dramatically cooled by driving there a puddle whilst applying the brakes??
Posted 25th Nov 2012 at 22:00
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
They do, drop Ash a PM as I believe he has a contact at Hi-Spec who can probably sort you out, they seem pretty amicable.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 25th Nov 2012 at 22:42
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Thanks lads. Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 26th Nov 2012 at 06:53