displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: twin horns inc plugs
rikky 🦔

Post #1
anyone breaking a 306 got the twin horn setup and some of the plugs that go to them? my 205 ones are missing so going to retrofit some 306 ones (they might even be the same horn on some models)

i've seen some 307 ones on ebay for a tenner, but no plugs to make it tidy and connect them neatly

anyone?

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 08:58
rikky 🦔

Post #2
failing that if anyone knows any decent cheapish electric ones suitable for mounting either in the original position or behind the osf headlight on a 205 and can advise.....

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 08:59
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #3
I'll cut them out for you b**ch tits.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:05
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
    1.9 has airhorns, get down your local motorfactor and you'll find them at about £15.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:13
    rikky 🦔

Post #5
    i don't want compressor s**t though either

i just want something loudish without faffing and for ease of use

i assume thats what the 2 spade terminals near the headlight loom are for then? they come from one brown wire, and split into a T. my wiring here is abysmal so i'm going to rewire it anyway

Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:27
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
    ahh yes, twas a 1.6 originally then?

any pug horns will do, they're all the same but lower spec cars only have the one of the two tones, 406's have them hidden away from the elements nicely, one either side.

they don't have spade terminals though.

compressors are are, they're bloody loud Big grin

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:34
    rikky 🦔

Post #7
    yeah 1.6 shell Yes

i'll cut the spades off and use proper plugs from whatever i get the horns off like a 306 maybe if dan has some and can chop the plugs off

i guess they're permanently earthed and the spade's just for power then so if i get 306 ones i believe they're 2 pin plugs for each horn Unsure

dan: you got them then?

tbh my 1.6 ones were probably fine but the brackets and everything got bent to s**t removing them and i lost my rag a bit so ended up chucking them Doh

Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:36
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #8
    My 1.9 had been stripped of it's original horns and had a comedy farting horn which while was great for passing the MOT, wasn't ideal for running people off of roundabouts, so I fitted 1 306 horn which sufficed.

I've since got an original 1.9 horn 'to go on' which I will never fit, but feel better knowing that it's in a box 'ready'.

Yeah it's a 2 pin plug on each 306 horn.

I'll remove the pair of horns from the China and leave the plugs and some wiring on for you.

• Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:46
    rikky 🦔

Post #9
    thanks, lambda too if you can get it, let me know price and i'll transfer the indian rupees for you

alsoyou got a 205 rear waster nipple thing which presses into the tailgate and hasn't broken at the pipe?

Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:48
    rikky 🦔

Post #10
    i fitted my shocks, hubs and gti6 brakes and steering rack inc new track rods last night. feel like i am nearly there

just the engine to put in now
    and manifold to reangle
    and radiator to buy
    and pipework to buy
    and full interior inc seats and carpets to buy
    and weigh up whether to get a 1.9 rear beam or enjoy the drums
    and redo all the brakepipes throughout
    and set the timing
    and waterpump
    and put the box and clutch on
    and finish my wiring loom off

GTFO

Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:50
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #11
    rikky wrote:
    thanks, lambda too if you can get it, let me know price and i'll transfer the indian rupees for you

alsoyou got a 205 rear waster nipple thing which presses into the tailgate and hasn't broken at the pipe?

Ah yes the lambda. I should have a rear washer jet. I'll check the spare tailgate I've got. Does it just pull off with the force?

I should see if I can get that red carpet into a jiffy bag too really.

• Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:54
    rikky 🦔

Post #12
    yeah should do. i just pulled mine out from the top but it snapped the pipe off so best pushing it out from inside so you can see the pipe not smashing against the tailgate

tbh the interior stuff can wait till the car runs. i'm not putting anything back in until it's working 100%. i'm leaving dash and everything out except clocks just so i can access everything easier

Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 09:55
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #13
    the pipe has a 90 elbow on it that pulls out of the dooberry. Smile

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 10:12
    thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
    welshpug! wrote:
    but lower spec cars only have the one of the two tones

Wrong the late phase 3's had one too, weight saving.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 21st Nov 2012 at 20:16