displaying posts 26 to 50 of 63

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

Author Subject: £60 and 3 points
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #26
Ed_van_dijk wrote:
I think from a fixed camera they have to be with you within 2 weeks so I read up when I got done

If the driver wasn't stopped at the scene then a NIP has to be issued to the registered keeper within 2 weeks to be valid, but the length of time it takes to actually get to you is irrelevant.

(Well, almost irrelevant. They have to make an initial filing to a magistrates court within 6 months of the alleged offence)

Rich
Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 15:40
Ed_van_dijk

Senior User

Post #27
Oh, that makes sense then.

Astor 6
Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 15:42
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Can you not just do a speed awareness course of have you done 1 recently

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 16:07
footah212

Senior User

Post #29
ian7675 wrote:
It would really interest me to know how long a person has been driving and their age when giving excuses about when it is okay to speed in certain areas.

34 years old, been driving for 17 years. Hope that helps.

Are you people really trying to tell me you've never done more than 30 in a 30 zone? Or even 40 for that matter.

Bet you have all been way above that at some point in you lives. If you say you haven't your a liar.

This is a hot hatch owners club ffs , climb down from your high horse.

I'm not suggesting that we should be doing excessive speeds through 30 zones, I do not race about on the road, I do track days for that but sometimes you will creep above the limit of any road if your subconscious senses that it is safe to do so without killing a young family or driving through a house or something.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 21:16
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
maybe wrote:

Doing 30 in a gti6 is a tough job without looking at the speedo!

Didn't read beyond this, such a massive line right there.
Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 21:21
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #31
footah212 wrote:
ian7675 wrote:
It would really interest me to know how long a person has been driving and their age when giving excuses about when it is okay to speed in certain areas.

34 years old, been driving for 17 years. Hope that helps.

Are you people really trying to tell me you've never done more than 30 in a 30 zone? Or even 40 for that matter.

Bet you have all been way above that at some point in you lives. If you say you haven't your a liar.

This is a hot hatch owners club ffs , climb down from your high horse.

I'm not suggesting that we should be doing excessive speeds through 30 zones, I do not race about on the road, I do track days for that but sometimes you will creep above the limit of any road if your subconscious senses that it is safe to do so without killing a young family or driving through a house or something.

I aimed that at everyone not just you. It's just I used to speed when I was younger but now I'm 35 I never speed in 30 limits except like you say, I accidentally creep over it. I've seen too many accidents and had too many near misses in the past to take any risks these days.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 21:27
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Why should it matter that it's a hot hatch owners club? In what way does that make any difference?

I'm not saying no-one "creeps over the limit", I'm saying that if you can't feel the difference between travelling at 30 and travelling at 45, you probably shouldn't be driving.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 22:30
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #33
this aint no owners club, its just a forum LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 22:49
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #34
Technically:

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 07410694 - ©2012 all rights reserved.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 22:50
    ardandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
    9 points suggests you don't pay attention. LosIng 3 in Dec doesn't mean you can 'take take another hit'.

If you pay Off a credit card do to think 'great, I've got £3000 to spend now!'
    Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 22:51
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #36
    Credit cards are for paupers.

• Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 22:58
    ardandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
    And 15 year old pugs?
    Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 23:03
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #38
    Ditto

• Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 23:08
    swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
    Has turned into a pathetic thread this

Black p3 Love
    Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 23:12
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #40
    I havent a credit card, or points, do have a 23 year old pug and a 20year old citroen though LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 23:12
    thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
    dangti6 wrote:
    Credit cards are for paupers.

Or for savy people who can extract extra value from the benefits while never paying a penny in interest.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 23:14
    footah212

Senior User

Post #42
    owain wrote:
    Why should it matter that it's a hot hatch owners club? In what way does that make any difference?

I'm not saying no-one "creeps over the limit", I'm saying that if you can't feel the difference between travelling at 30 and travelling at 45, you probably shouldn't be driving.

As far as the owners club thing goes my point is that we are all car lovers . and our particular love in this instance is a french hot hatch, i do not beleive for one second that you bought a gti6 or rallye to potter about behind the nearest Rover 45 driver at 30 mph or for that matter 60 mph on your nearest B road. Remember approx 70 % of all fatalities happen on country roads. Exactly the place where the gti6 excels. Exactly the pace where we enjoy our hot hatch the best and dare I say it exceed the speed limit Shock Shock Shock

if you car was bougt purely for your track project and you spend the rest of the time driving miss daisy around then i sincerely apologise.

Speed was 43 to be technical. I was having a laugh with the cops they were not in the stilghtest worried about my ability to drive. didn' even breathalyser me at 9 am on a sunday morning.

I drive between 30 k and 40 k per year, gaining points for exceeding the speed limit is par for the course

Honest answer here mate truthfully - have you ever travelled over 43 in a 30? Or answered your phone when driving?
    Cops said that would be worse than the speed btw.

If you say no then I ' m sorry but I don't believe you. Then again I am a distrusting Cnut so maybe I'm doing you an injustice. What my previous posts say is that in my opinion I could safely travel at that speed without causing any harm.

If I came on here and said ' I got caught doing 43 in a 30 the other day cos I ran over a child ' then I would be the 1st to lie down and let you kick me.

Thb I don't want to continue arguing with you , and others , cos the various bits of advice from several of you has been very helpful to me over the last couple of years. But search your soul and ask if arebeing truthful with youselves.

At least this small debate has livened the place up a bit. Bit like old times.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 23:34
    footah212

Senior User

Post #43
    ardandy wrote:
    9 points suggests you don't pay attention. LosIng 3 in Dec doesn't mean you can 'take take another hit'.

If you pay Off a credit card do to think 'great, I've got £3000 to spend now!'

Yes

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 23:36
    rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
    Even though the general opinion is that you're being a little silly with 'YOUR' life (and possibly others if you manage to hit them when speeding). This however is something you are entirely responsible for, and you have given your opinion non-the-less.

All we can do is warn you off of making such a bad mistake in life, it just takes probably your own mistake to make you realise what you are doing.

I have come to appreciate having a licence since i surrendered mine 2 years ago, and when i get it back - will be sticking to the speed limits and only opening the throttle up fully when on track; where it is perfectly legal and a lot safer to speed.

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
    You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
    - Top Tip!!!
    Posted 20th Nov 2012 at 00:25
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #45
    welshpug! wrote:
    this aint no owners club, its just a forum LOL

Not this again...LOL

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 20th Nov 2012 at 07:12
    swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
    Ban him the welsh f**k Flip

Black p3 Love
    Posted 20th Nov 2012 at 07:19
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
    footah212 wrote:
    if you car was bougt purely for your track project and you spend the rest of the time driving miss daisy around then i sincerely apologise.

This is exactly what my car was for, I accept your apology Wink

No really, I did actually buy it for track. As you say though I have been partial to the odd loon, but never anywhere near a 30 zone. My thinking is always that on a dual carriageway or such, first up there should be no pedestrians anyway, and if they get hit at 60, they die; if they get hit at 80 they die, it makes no odds. It's just the 30mph limits that I think need to be particularly respected. I appreciate there's more than an element of double-standards here, this is just all my opinion.

footah212 wrote:
    Speed was 43 to be technical. I was having a laugh with the cops they were not in the stilghtest worried about my ability to drive. didn' even breathalyser me at 9 am on a sunday morning.

Then you were lucky. I've known people be issued an immediate ticket for the same, luck of the draw what mood the officer is in.

footah212 wrote:
    I drive between 30 k and 40 k per year, gaining points for exceeding the speed limit is par for the course

But this is the danger - it's the people who say "I drive loads, I barely need to concentrate" who end up drifting 50% over the limit, not seeing that cyclist, not noticing the person waiting at the crossing. The 17-year-old on their lessons may not have your experience, but they're on the edge of their seat looking to brake at the slightest sign of any hazard.

footah212 wrote:
    Honest answer here mate truthfully - have you ever travelled over 43 in a 30? Or answered your phone when driving?

I absolutely have, especially when I was younger. However like many people, I grew out of it and wish I'd had more people ramming down my throat what a bad idea it was. I now consider myself lucky to have never had an accident or killed anyone.

As you say, there's little point arguing, but everyone enjoys a lively debate. Nothing anyone says on here will change your mind I'm sure, but hopefully one day you'll realise of your own accord that there's more to life than getting everywhere as quickly as possible.

Posted 20th Nov 2012 at 08:30
    ardandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
    I speed as much as anyone but I make sure I really concentrate on looking for any speed cameras and traps rather than who's crossing the road.
    Posted 20th Nov 2012 at 08:35
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
    ardandy wrote:
    I speed as much as anyone but I make sure I really concentrate on looking for any speed cameras and traps rather than who's crossing the road.

You know what the irony is that this is all too often true. On the A127 coming out of Southend where I used to work it's a dual carriageway, with a few sliproads on and off. Used to be 70, then they changed it to 50 with average speed cameras.

I've nearly had more accidents there since they put the cameras in, as it really is tricky to stick to 50 on a dual carriageway (especially at night), but when you see cars pulling on from the sliproads you can't always get over to the other lane as it'd mean overtaking people or slotting in somewhere, and you can't do that as you'd end up getting a ticket.

Seen so many people have to slam on their brakes or cut people up to avoid an accident where they could simply otherwise have just sped up to 60 for a second and moved into the outside lane safely.

Posted 20th Nov 2012 at 08:40
    heliosphan

Senior User

Post #50
    footah212 wrote:
    Are you people really trying to tell me you've never done more than 30 in a 30 zone?

I think the crux here, is that most other people who might have been speeding or caught speeding don't start a thread on a car forum about it. That is a massive faux pax.

The reason they don't post it is because they know it was wrong and have been caught bang to rights, with no excuses at all, regardless of whether they come out 'for' or 'against' in their OP.

Thumbs up
    Posted 20th Nov 2012 at 08:41

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3