displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: restoration body shop service help recommendations
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I have had my completely standard 205 gti stripped externally and minus engine and box for over 2 years. It is in need of the engine bay getting a de-rust treatment, wasnt bad at all when I first stripped and had a day with a sander and grinder in the front end 10 months ago but it really needs doing as soon as possible again. Also needs the boot floor doing which isnt holed but is in need of derusting and sealing in.

It I am too busy to do it myself right now and would love for it to be sorted as soon as possible. The body shop I normally use cant get it in for months ( peeved as they have had £250 deposit ) I can transport locally if anyone such as MATT or coskev would tackle it for me for beer tokens of appropriate value cash waiting for a volunteer or any reccomendations in the Midlands/ Wiltshire, Mid Wales/ North Wales. Would love to get her back to her pride and glory as she was when I bought her 9 years ago!!!! 3 owners 80k Big grin

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 14th Nov 2012 at 12:55
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
thought you said it was stripped? that looks almost complete to me Razz

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 14th Nov 2012 at 13:12
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
its a little more stripped than these photos, all trim is off will drop subframe and everything else off prior to complete respray..... not volunteering then Mei, I have to visit Roland yuour way soon so shout if you are interested....?

Also how much to rebuild a standard 1.9 if i supply the new parts???

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 14th Nov 2012 at 14:00
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
If my Evo was in one piece and moveable I prob would be up for doing thisRoll eyes

Lot of hours work though to do it rightYes

What have bodyshop quoted to do it?and what work have they quoted they would do/products they would use etc?

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 15th Nov 2012 at 14:39
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #5
Happy to weigh it in whenever you want it done mate Wink
Posted 15th Nov 2012 at 14:57
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
coskev wrote:
If my Evo was in one piece and moveable I prob would be up for doing thisRoll eyes

Lot of hours work though to do it rightYes

What have bodyshop quoted to do it?and what work have they quoted they would do/products they would use etc?

I have the paint work taken care of and I was going to do the deox rust treatment but just havent had time to do it.... I am doing two jobs at the moment and clocking 60 to 80 hours a week at the moment so would rather pay someone who knows what they are doing to do a quality job as I think the car will be worth it afterwards....

I haven't had a proper quote for the engine bay and rear boot floor work other than the painter reckoned he could do a full respray over on it for a decent price, I just want to get those two areas done properly so they areas dont come back after the respray. all I can say is the rust is no where near as bad as the rust on some of these rallys I have seen repaired

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 15th Nov 2012 at 15:20