displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Headlights
si_batt

Post #1
Just wondering whether anyone can help clear up a few things ...

I rang the Peugeot dealer today to get the part numbers for my headlights (phase 1) so I can get some replacements, they looked up my chassis number and told me the car had twin optic headlights and gave me the part number. Upon inspecting the car, it has single optic lights - well I assume it does given that it has one sidelight bulb and one H4 dipped beam / main beam combined bulb. I told the dealer this and he said that someone must have swapped the headlights in the past. But surely if this was the case, the stalk must also have been swapped for one appropriate for single optics? And the wiring harness under the bonnet must be different for twin optics because I'm guessing it'll have separate connectors for the dipped beam and main beam, as opposed to one 3 pin connector for the H4 that is in there at the moment? My wiring harness has not been cut in that area.

I'd like to put twin optic lights in there but I'm guessing that I'd need the lights, stalk and to adjust the harness?

Anyone got any thoughts?

Posted 13th Nov 2012 at 13:17
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
No need to change the harness. There is a small harness in the headlight that distributes accordingly to if you have twin or single optic so when you change back to the twin optics, you will have the right wiring in there.

You don't have to change the stalk. All it does is change if the dipped beam stays on with the high beam or not
Posted 13th Nov 2012 at 13:36