displaying posts 51 to 55 of 55

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: Newbie With a Pre-Loved China ph3
TomGC

Junior User

Post #51
smegal wrote:
Are you a member of the Loughborough motor club?

No sir. Are they the ones that do autotests?

Update: I got the car back from Carl on Friday - turns out the rear ARB end plate was broken. This explains my handling issues somewhat! I thought this car was quick before, now I know what it's really supposed to feel like. I can't get over how good it is...

Rear wiper is now working, relay from a breaker doesn't make it come on randomly. Mirror mechanism broke on the day I fixed the wiper though! Love it.

I plan to get the machine polisher on it come Christmas time when I have a couple of days off, will bring it up lovely.
Posted 18th Nov 2012 at 15:27
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
TomGC wrote:
I returned the favour.

LOL LOL

Was the "fat bird" there when you "returned the favour"? Would have been great to see her wobbly-chinned outrage. Or would she even notice?

Good buying by the way, and nice-looking car. Especially since it was well looked after.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 18th Nov 2012 at 17:35
TomGC

Junior User

Post #53
mik wrote:
TomGC wrote:
I returned the favour.

LOL LOL

Was the "fat bird" there when you "returned the favour"? Would have been great to see her wobbly-chinned outrage. Or would she even notice?

Good buying by the way, and nice-looking car. Especially since it was well looked after.

Ha ha! LOL Unfortunately not, but this was in Pizza Hut car park so hopefully she was watching from the window as she stuffed her face. That was the day my girlfriend left too, I was spoiling for a fight. Dry

I've just been out round the lanes again tonight, can't get enough of it. Windows down, coat done up to the top, just to hear that silly cone filter reflecting off the trees at 4500rpm! Cool
Posted 18th Nov 2012 at 18:42
davewagon

Senior User

Post #54
Welcome along mate, your photography is really very good.

Dave

Team: Moonstone GTI-6
Team: Working air-con™

ian7675 wrote:
Remember....a 6 isn't just a car, it's a part time job Thumbs up
Posted 18th Nov 2012 at 23:19
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
TomGC wrote:
smegal wrote:
Are you a member of the Loughborough motor club?

No sir. Are they the ones that do autotests?

Update: I got the car back from Carl on Friday - turns out the rear ARB end plate was broken. This explains my handling issues somewhat! I thought this car was quick before, now I know what it's really supposed to feel like. I can't get over how good it is...

Rear wiper is now working, relay from a breaker doesn't make it come on randomly. Mirror mechanism broke on the day I fixed the wiper though! Love it.

I plan to get the machine polisher on it come Christmas time when I have a couple of days off, will bring it up lovely.

I think they do. I used to be a member as they have a well stocked garage.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 19th Nov 2012 at 11:46

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]