displaying posts 26 to 35 of 35

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: 205 radiator in a 306
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
blandy wrote:
Also been looking into custom radiators would It be better with a remote header tank or one built into the rad like standard bearing in mind it would be a smaller but thicker rad?

Pretty sure the header tank is best if its the highest point in the cooling systemThumbs up

So on a shorter rad it definately wouldn't beSmile

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 8th Apr 2013 at 12:10
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
That was my thinking behind the question but the company I been speaking to have suggested it. Think I'd be better going for a 205 rad and remote tank at the min

Thanks welsh ill see if I can find his thread if there's one about
Posted 8th Apr 2013 at 13:00
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #28
There isnt one but plenty on the facebook page

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Apr 2013 at 13:53
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Found it on Facebook cheers mate
Posted 8th Apr 2013 at 15:23
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Any ideas how much shorter I could go with a custom rad as just thinking I could get a custom rad built with header tank but just go 3 inches shorter than the stock item to give me the room I want but then not have the need for remote header etc but would this work?
Posted 8th Apr 2013 at 20:08
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
I don't think having the header that much lower will work,pretty sure thats why the coolant system on the gti6 is a pain to bleed, as the header tank is not the highest point of the cooling system.
Most cars you just leave them tick over with the cap off and they self bleed easily.

Posted 8th Apr 2013 at 20:44
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Yeah that's my main concern, only reason I'm looking at that option is just weighing up the cost of a 205 rad (will go alloy not standard) and the hoses and header tank vs a custom option but again that said if I can't get a suitable custom option that would work properly a 205 is easily the best solution.

Can you remember how your coolant hoses went on yours as obviously the gti6 rad has just a top hose, bottom hose and hose to the heat exchanger on oil filter housing but where would the header tank plb into? As that's where I'm lost the most
Posted 8th Apr 2013 at 20:48
allye

Regular

Post #33
coskev wrote:
allye wrote:
On a road car i have to say I would not suggest fitting a 205 Radiator. In both my GTI6 engined 205's I used 205 radiators, nissens alloy items. It would run hot in traffic in no time and I was never really happy with it. In a heavier car I can only imagine it would be worse. If you're set on a 205 radiator at least use a diesel turbo item.

Using which senders for your temp gauge?Wink

Regardless of what sender you are using if the needle flies up sitting in traffic the radiator is not up to the job of cooling a GTI6 engine Wink

I'm not alone in a XU10J4RS running hot with a 205 radiator.

205 Van SC'd GTI6 - because why not
309 Goodwood V6 - sold
205 Rallye GTI6 - Bent
Posted 9th Apr 2013 at 18:43
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
allye wrote:
coskev wrote:
allye wrote:
On a road car i have to say I would not suggest fitting a 205 Radiator. In both my GTI6 engined 205's I used 205 radiators, nissens alloy items. It would run hot in traffic in no time and I was never really happy with it. In a heavier car I can only imagine it would be worse. If you're set on a 205 radiator at least use a diesel turbo item.

Using which senders for your temp gauge?Wink

Regardless of what sender you are using if the needle flies up sitting in traffic the radiator is not up to the job of cooling a GTI6 engine Wink

I'm not alone in a XU10J4RS running hot with a 205 radiator.

RegardlessRoll eyes it matters!LOL

If the sender is not compatable with the gauge you get a false reading, not rocket scienceThumbs up

Get a digital laser thermometer and get the real temp of your engine when your gauge is telling you its hotSmile

Posted 9th Apr 2013 at 18:56
allye

Regular

Post #35
You are missing the point of what I am getting at, regardless of what sender you use, if the needle shoots up at stand still its clearly getting bloody hot! Will just be reading at different stages on the gauge, which as we all know is not accurate.

And I have used a laser thermometer on it, used to get up to 450c on the exhaust mani and likes to melt bulkhead bungs! haha

205 Van SC'd GTI6 - because why not
309 Goodwood V6 - sold
205 Rallye GTI6 - Bent
Posted 9th Apr 2013 at 19:02

Pages (2): 1 [2]