displaying posts 201 to 225 of 233

Pages (10): first .. 8 [9] 10

Author Subject: Nadine + Sarah's project '6
nadine

Senior User

Post #201
Plenty to keep her going then Smile oh Seb if u can, can you, if u have time find out why she dies every time I stop
Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 00:53
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #202
ICV

'90 1.6 205 GTi, '98 306 GTi-6
Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 00:56
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #203
nadine wrote:
Plenty to keep her going then Smile oh Seb if u can, can you, if u have time find out why she dies every time I stop

stalling issues will more than likely be what i explained earlier, so all will be good for you on collectionSmile
Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 00:56
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #204
btw seb heres a pic of your car from arond 2001 - 2002 ish

Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 00:57
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #205
Cheers bud, where was that at?
Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 01:00
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #206
no idea, its my mates pic, his was the 106 in the middle, your cars owner used to run some owners club, not sure which.

Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 01:02
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #207
i got pm off him few weeks back saying he ran a club. How come your breaking the rallye?

i may be interested in the shell if its in decent nick, what colour is it?
Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 01:05
nadine

Senior User

Post #208
The pic is crail or knockhill. Ad thanks Seb, let me know about the air box. I'm off to sleep to try and get rid of this lurgie I have Sad
Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 01:05
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #209
i was thinking crail

Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 01:06
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #210
nadine wrote:
The pic is crail or knockhill. Ad thanks Seb, let me know about the air box. I'm off to sleep to try and get rid of this lurgie I have Sad

Night Smile
Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 01:16
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #211
nadine wrote:
Well the 6 went for a health check tonight with Seb. He says she is actually in really good nick underneath, pretty sold. She needs a couple of bits like drop link, p bushes, brake pipe straightened up. Oh an air filter as well as the box as its missing lol. The bitron units pins had corroded and snapped inside the plug so this will b why the fans don't work. Oh and a break flexi. So have to say very happy with this.

However we then looked at the beam. The next pic will show why I couldn't drive her home! So she is staying with Seb for a while and she is getting a beam, rear brakes, hand brakes fitted

Yup this is my brake disc

Now that takes some doing, respect for that.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 04:22
nadine

Senior User

Post #212
lol thanks, get her back Tuesday and hopefully she will feel like a new car
Posted 23rd Nov 2012 at 18:13
nadine

Senior User

Post #213
Not done much to my 6 just with the run up to Xmas. Got her back from Seb with a new rear axle fitted, rear discs, pads and calliper. So now having a working handbrake and rear brakes Smile
Also got 2 p bushes fitted and drivers side drop link, has made the handling feel a bit stiffer. Had issues changing gear, being really crunchy so Seb sorted that adjusted the gear linkage. Now smoother gear changing.
Need to get a coolant sensor and lambda sensor to help stop my stalling issues. Only real change is the fitment of my crystals. However the bolts were that fused that I had to break the light off and now I have 2 sheared bolts that need drilled off Sad used shiny new bols to fit the lights.

Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 18:56
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #214
You had to break the light off because the bolts were seized? Normally they just snap off level at the point of seizure? You could always pick up another slam panel if you don't fancy drilling them out, they're worthless. Smile

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 04:22
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #215
No there not £1.23 scrap Smile

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 08:01
nadine

Senior User

Post #216
tvrfan007 wrote:
You had to break the light off because the bolts were seized? Normally they just snap off level at the point of seizure? You could always pick up another slam panel if you don't fancy drilling them out, they're worthless. Smile

Everyone of the bolts heads were rounded and nothing would fit in to turn them. I like the idea of a new slam panel, how hard are they to fit?
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 16:52
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #217
nadine wrote:
tvrfan007 wrote:

Everyone of the bolts heads were rounded and nothing would fit in to turn them. I like the idea of a new slam panel, how hard are they to fit?

You need one of those socket adaptors that cut into the bolt head to undo. Thumbs up (forgotten the name of them now) Dunno

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 17:26
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #218
nadine wrote:

Really easy. A few bolts dosn the side and 4 13mm (IIRC) by the bumper bolts and the slam panel (and bumper) come straight off.

Just found this:

dangti6 wrote:
There are the 2 fixings at the top by the wings (13mm), and 2 on each end of the slam panel which the bumper inner support joins to. They are at 3 and 9 o clock.

There is an attachment at the sides (10mm) which needs to be loosened in order for the bumper to slide forwards. You only need to loosen enough to slide the bumper from the bracket, not undo. You need to remove the arch liners to do this. The foglights attach to the front part of the arch liner at the bottom.

Don't forget there are 3 fixing tabs that join to the lower cross member where the power steering steering cooler and wiring loom passes. These need to be undone from under the car and then something like a large screwdriver, or pliers to hold the clip on the top to stop it spinning. You may not have all of these in tact anyway, as they are brittle plus any light knock to the front would snap them.

I wish you the best of luck!

You need either 3 arms, or child like hands to do it without swearing.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 17:28
nadine

Senior User

Post #219
Cheers Smile ill give it a bash
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 21:32
davewagon

Senior User

Post #220
rich306 wrote:
nadine wrote:
tvrfan007 wrote:

You need one of those socket adaptors that cut into the bolt head to undo. Thumbs up (forgotten the name of them now) Dunno

Irwin bolt grippers, fantastic bits of kit (or any other socket brand with reversed threads in them)

Thinking about getting a set for my tool kit as I have come across several instances where they have been needed

Team: Moonstone GTI-6
Team: Working air-con™

ian7675 wrote:
Remember....a 6 isn't just a car, it's a part time job Thumbs up
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 21:49
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #221
Thats the Badger ^^^ Thumbs up

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 23:14
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #222
I have a slam panel off my Rallye, its rusty as feck but you can have it for free.

Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 23:16
nadine

Senior User

Post #223
scotzman wrote:
I have a slam panel off my Rallye, its rusty as feck but you can have it for free.

That's fab Smile gonna try drill the screws out. If I have no luck ill give u a shout x
Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 20:21
nadine

Senior User

Post #224
Well!! What an absolute ball ache that was. So been off for a few days and thought I'd fit my bumper, jeezo it took 2 days haha. All the screws were rusted and wouldn't turn, had to soak them blah blah blah. Slam panel looked a little bent outta shape so bolts wouldn't fit in the holes. But we got there so now she has her crystals and bumper fitted Smile

Now I need to try and figure out how to fix my drivers door, it doesn't close properly at the top so is letting water in, would it just be the hinge?
Posted 13th Jan 2013 at 15:59
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #225
Yes those rusty bolts turn a relatively easy task into a couple of weeks spraying things, trying to turn them, snapping them off, drilling them out etc.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 13th Jan 2013 at 17:42

Pages (10): first .. 8 [9] 10