displaying posts 226 to 233 of 233

Pages (10): first .. 8 9 [10]

Author Subject: Nadine + Sarah's project '6
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #226
Does your drivers door line up? It may have been bent back to break in previously, these cars were a relatively easy target. It'll still have scars at the bottom of the window on the arse end of the door if so - put your foot there and bend it back towards the car.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 14th Jan 2013 at 20:00
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #227
thats better!
Posted 14th Jan 2013 at 20:24
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #228
tvrfan007 wrote:
Does your drivers door line up? It may have been bent back to break in previously, these cars were a relatively easy target. It'll still have scars at the bottom of the window on the arse end of the door if so - put your foot there and bend it back towards the car.

actually, when i think about it, i seem to remember some sort of damage when it was at mine last year, may be wrong

though
Posted 14th Jan 2013 at 20:26
nadine

Senior User

Post #229
I haven't seen any damage. I'll have a proper look 2moro, I think it's the hinge at the top, as the door closed properly before the put the check strap on, and now it doesn't.
What kind of scars should I be looking for? Creases? I'm getting scraping marks on the sideskirt so I know it's to low
Posted 15th Jan 2013 at 22:38
misschief

Seasoned Pro

Post #230
As far as I know the car has never been broken into, certainly never was during my ownership and the drivers door has always closed without issue for me.

Have to say nadine she's looking brilliant!

Posted 17th Jan 2013 at 01:54
nadine

Senior User

Post #231
misschief wrote:
As far as I know the car has never been broken into, certainly never was during my ownership and the drivers door has always closed without issue for me.

Have to say nadine she's looking brilliant!

Hey Alan Smile

I thought the door used to close properly, it's only been since I fired the new check strap that it doesn't. Going to replace the hinges and hopefully that will help. She is coming along splendidly Smile got white boot and bonnet badge coming, and gloss black petrol cap strips. Once the door is sorted, front lowered and lambda on she will be ready for new wheels and on the road
Posted 17th Jan 2013 at 07:17
misschief

Seasoned Pro

Post #232
I've said it before as well, T99PUG has never worked on the car in my ownership so i don't know what car he thinks it is!
Posted 18th Jan 2013 at 02:35
nadine

Senior User

Post #233
misschief wrote:
I've said it before as well, T99PUG has never worked on the car in my ownership so i don't know what car he thinks it is!

He has worked on the car for me, got a rear beam etc from him, so he will be referring to when it was at the garage when I took it Smile
Posted 18th Jan 2013 at 12:01

Pages (10): first .. 8 9 [10]