displaying posts 1001 to 1018 of 1018

Pages (41): first .. 39 40 [41]

Author Subject: My 306 Dimma project, Mainly photos
peder_306

Regular

Post #1001
Hi!

Peder here from Sweden.
I own the 306 Dimma coupe and a saw that you have converted your dimma from ph1 to ph2/3

Im just wondering whats needed for the conversion? Did you changed anything on the wings?

Btw your car is mint, love it!

Peugeot 306 Dimma Coupé.
Posted 3rd Jan 2016 at 17:54
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #1002
Hi, only just seen this sp sorry for the late reply.

You need to change the slam panel, head lights, grill, hockey sticks, bumper.
No modifications were needed on the wings but the inner wing/chassis leg panel needs to be trimmed for the head lights so that they can fit as they are one single unit rather than 2 like the phase 1 lights/indicators
Posted 4th Jan 2016 at 09:25
Ryanennion83

Junior User

Post #1003
Love the car where is the front spoiler from???
Posted 9th Mar 2016 at 09:38
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #1004
it came from NUR Motorsport,.. but pugheavan had to do some "refinement work" afterwards,..
I need to learn how to make Carbon Parts using the infuse method then I could make one! Big grin who wants to lent me about £400 so I can get a starter kit? LOL

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 9th Mar 2016 at 10:34
peder_306

Regular

Post #1005
pugheaven wrote:
Hi, only just seen this sp sorry for the late reply.

You need to change the slam panel, head lights, grill, hockey sticks, bumper.
No modifications were needed on the wings but the inner wing/chassis leg panel needs to be trimmed for the head lights so that they can fit as they are one single unit rather than 2 like the phase 1 lights/indicators

Thanks man!

The Dimma didnt sell so I just bought everything for a conversion.

Any updates on your car? Smile

Peugeot 306 Dimma Coupé.
Posted 29th Jun 2016 at 13:38
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #1006
Nothing to update really, blew the box up so have fitted a standard one for the time being.
Still thinking if I should sell it and if I should let it go for less as a complete car or strip it and sell in bits and make more cash
Posted 29th Jun 2016 at 13:41
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #1007
Don't break it! Sad

Posted 29th Jun 2016 at 22:54
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #1008
Trust me mate I really don't want to but over the past year my priorities have changed unfortunately.
I think it's as far as I could possibly take the car now with out spending ALOT of money on a sequential box.
If I hadn't just spent nearly 100k on extending and doing every room in my house then with out a doubt the gearbox and suspension (MAD, ohlins, ast's, proflex etc) would be on the car right this second.
I don't have the time or money to use this beast for what it was built for and my aim to take part in the time attack series.

I have personally spent over 30k and as people have seen if I stripped the car and sold all the parts at very reasonable prices I could easily get back 23k+

The only down side is as soon as I take the bloody thing out the garage for a drive I convince my self that it would be the biggest mistake of my life to sell it.

Took me 9 years to finally get my hands in one and build a complete weapon....

End of the day we all grow up, plans change and other things become a higher priority Sad

A certain member has offered 17.5k but no way am I letting it go for that, how can people make an offer without seeing the car, seeing how much effort and attention to detail has been put into this car.

Just wish I had taken the offer of 25k I got a year ago but hey ho.
The bottom line figure I would take for the car and all the spares I have would be 20k and not a penny less.

I don't need the money so I'm not going to jump at any stupid offer
Posted 29th Jun 2016 at 23:56
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #1009
Smile Thumbs up

Posted 30th Jun 2016 at 07:05
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1010
Would be a dam shame to see you sell it Ollie ....just hold onto it for a year or two & see if things change ?....like you said ....You don't need the money m8 ....once it's gone no going back ...

It's 100% your work & I couldn't see you being happy knowing someone else driving your master piece... even if £20k was paid ...

Plus until the money's in your hand I don't count Offers M8 ...Thumbs down
If I had £17.5k & you wanted £20k ....id find the £2.5k if I wanted your car that bad Thumbs up .....

that cars worth £20k all day long ...but not many people would have £20k ?
Posted 30th Jun 2016 at 12:16
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #1011
Day666 wrote:
Would be a dam shame to see you sell it Ollie ....just hold onto it for a year or two & see if things change ?....like you said ....You don't need the money m8 ....once it's gone no going back ...

It's 100% your work & I couldn't see you being happy knowing someone else driving your master piece... even if £20k was paid ...

Exactly this if you don't need the money keep it until you have the time and spare money. You know you will again. If I were you I would NEVER sell, it has taken you years it will be the biggest mistake you make

Team SUPERCHARGED

Ninja I LIVE FOR THE 306 Ninja

Old Project thread

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url =
Posted 30th Jun 2016 at 13:22
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1012
I see Ollie it's finally up for sale on FB !

Such a shame you couldn't get a decent box & some of the shocks you always wanted to 100% finish it off ..
It's your car & im sure you have your reasons for seeing this masterpiece go ....

In the nicest way ...I hope you change your mind Thumbs up
Posted 29th Aug 2016 at 16:49
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #1013
you better not be! LOL

Posted 29th Aug 2016 at 20:28
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #1014
Just put it up to see if I get any takers! Was slightly drunk too LOL
I'm not deluded and know I won't get the 25k I put it up for.....
If I got offered 20k I would probably have to let it go Sad
I know I could get more if I stripped it but I really can't be arsed with the hassle of sending bits etc.

I very much doubt it will sell no matter what spec it is, most ppl are like me and would prefer to build than buy
Posted 29th Aug 2016 at 20:45
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #1015
A couple of big backsides at Goodwood on Sunday!.
Posted 8th Nov 2016 at 21:00
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #1016
Sorry chopped your head off Oliver,

Posted 8th Nov 2016 at 21:07
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1017
Well that’s it’s then ....it’s been stripped sold and now the shells in a sorry state after being left out for a while ...end of a era and one of the first cars I admired and really thought would be the ultimate car ...sadly the gearbox was never sorted and because of the power it produced Ollie didn’t want to spend and take the risk sadly ...it’s his car totally ....my personal feeling is he was wrong ...and the car deserved that box and take the risk ....it never happened and now never will ....maybe it’s just me that’s sad ?
Now the shells getting turned into a Rally type car ...so it kind of lives on but it will never for me be that (finished) special car I always wanted to see it properly finished but it only ended up 90% .

It will never be used fully in anger and that’s what it was built for ...good luck Ollie your a great bloke and pioneer....

it’s onwards and upwards for you my friend...you have children now and totally different priorities Thumbs up good luck with the Evos
RIP Dimma Crazy
Posted 27th Oct 2019 at 04:39
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #1018
Yep, sad to see it get broken apart, but hey life and 306's go on, in different form and pursuits.
I got allot of information from Ollie's build thread, though mine was at the complete opposite end of the price bracket.
At least we got to meet up just by chance at Goodwood that day.
Mine lives on, though currently having a spruce up after 3 years of running and putting my Maxi wing on too.
Hope you enjoyed it over the years Ollie, thats the main thing.
Posted 27th Oct 2019 at 13:40

Pages (41): first .. 39 40 [41]