Not much done on the dimma for a while, Iv removed the supercharged engine and thats now in the shed waiting to be stripped down.
boot and door shuts back to bare metal
Locks and side strip holes smoothed over
I had taken the wings back to bare metal by hand on the outside but couldnt be arsed to do the insides and i knew i wouldnt be able to get into the corners etc so i went to machine mart and got myself a sandblaster.... bloody good but god does it make a mess!!
I started to clear out all the crap between the original rear quater and the dimma quater with the sandblaster, a few tiny repairs are needed however im glad im taking the effort to do this now instead of just painting it and hoping for the best!!
The plan is to get the doors and front wings in high build primer before christmas and then take the car to my mates garage (anson autos, very well known for restoring classic cars to a very high standard) over the christmas break to sort out the fuel cap (was s**t before, didnt sit flush and was uneaven all the way around it), to filler and high build the quaters and arse end.
I will then trial fit the front wings and front bumper, it will then be taken to nur motorsport for the roof to be fitted and for noel to fit the areo catch's on the bonnet and talegate.
Hopefully by that time my roll cage will be made and ready to trail fit it to the car, once thats done its time to get the complete car in primer, get the underseal and stonechip applied and then ready for some colour inside and out!
Been asked to go to afghan again in may for 3 months so im hoping to have it rebuilt and mapped by then, just a shame i will miss out on all the shows again
Also been messing around with gauge locations, this is the outcome but will use a different facia as i wanted to practice on one first!