displaying posts 1 to 25 of 98

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 .. last

Author Subject: classifieds review
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
As a previous offender who has benefitted from selling on here I paid an increased membership to advertise at the same time as the classifieds started. They dont work. Its simple. The format is not anywhere near good.

The forum has gone downhill though a number of characters have tried to keep it afloat with some of the funniest banter I have seen in comparison to 5 or 6 forums. This is a great forum that is a brilliant source of advice technical references, mates and cyber enemies. I urge admin to sort the classifieds before lots of us go elsewhere because it doesn't suit the forums business plan in the future.

You have deleted the thread of one of the people who make this place why so many people come here. His restoration and other peoples projects are the reason I come here to admire,dream I could do as good a job, buy the bits I need etc. Come on get real and stop making this place a nanny state. What harm will it do if its only paying members who can do it!!!!?

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 13:24
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Very well said Thumbs up i hope the admins and captain can look at this and realise something needs to be done, wen i 1st joined this place was much better for selling/viewing cars and the banter and parts for sale section seems to be the only think keeping it alive

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 13:41
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
1 ABUSE THREAD!!!

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 13:45
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
yippeekayay wrote:
1 ABUSE THREAD!!!

Probs to make admin aware of it.
Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 13:46
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #5
jsoulman wrote:
yippeekayay wrote:
1 ABUSE THREAD!!!

You're a clever little bugger Flowers

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 13:55
    jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
    quote:
    dangti6 wrote:

You're a clever little bugger Flowers

I know, where is my gold star?
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 13:55
    jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
    To be fair its just a forum. People take forums way too seriously. Who cares really? I know buying and selling is handy, but theres plenty of other ways to do that without a forum.
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 13:58
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #8
    jsoulman wrote:
    yippeekayay wrote:
    1 ABUSE THREAD!!!

it doesn't work like that here.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:04
    matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
    Its frustrating that the classifieds section is to regimented to even get over anywhere near the information to justify the asking price. It just isnt condusive to selling anything, hence the thread i put up in parts bin.

Others have put similar threads up and they have been transfered over to classified, but in the original format they were written - Take Carls 206 gti180 thread.

Mines just been binned. Odd.

I would have thought its the ideal place to sell a 306 gti, to folks who have seen it from the early days, it would appear not.

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
    2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
    Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
    Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:07
    rikky 🦔

Post #10
    the classifieds needs work and it's ugly looking (harsh but fair comment i think), the peugeot for sale section worked fine without any rubbish search and you could just use the normal forum search. the classifieds doesn't need to be a whole different section. the problem with the original threads in peugeots for sale was people not filling in the required info. also being able to lock your own thread would have helped or atleast moderate your own sale thread

i've said it a million times before - the photos are resized at the wrong aspect ratio and you can't add any form of formatting like a proper thread (which is super helpful). it just doesn't cater Sad

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:11
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #11
    Rikky must feel guilty that his 406 V6 thread has survived.

• Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:12
    rikky 🦔

Post #12
    it wasn't in the Parts Bin section. but it'll no doubt be binned now you've said that Flip

it is one of the reasons it's not in the Classifieds though - as it'd never get seen and i couldn't do anything with it like even simple bolding of words or adding 10 photos

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:14
    yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
    Classifieds =dirty dusty attic that you only go into if your soulman to look through the ceiling next door

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:25
    jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
    TO be fair the classifieds are not very nice, not that I often look cus I dont want to buy a Rallye or GTi6, but I really dont know what was wrong with the old layout. If it aint broke etc...
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:30
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #15
    I have to agree with Rikky

Peugeots for sale use to be great and it was up to the seller to write a decent ad or not.these days the pre populated boxes are just pure tripe and not very helpful and clear.

Surely something can be done to put it back to the way it was?

P.S Feedback would have been a better place to post this Andy Wink
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:32
    jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
    roland rat wrote:
    P.S Feedback would have been a better place to post this Andy Wink

Stanimal will move it. Yes
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:39
    yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
    Not if he is noshing rats bird!!!!

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:44
    milkyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
    naiwick wrote:
    the classifieds needs work and it's ugly looking

+1
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:51
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #19
    matt evans wrote:
    Its frustrating that the classifieds section is to regimented to even get over anywhere near the information to justify the asking price. It just isnt condusive to selling anything, hence the thread i put up in parts bin.

Others have put similar threads up and they have been transfered over to classified, but in the original format they were written - Take Carls 206 gti180 thread.

I would have thought its the ideal place to sell a 306 gti, to folks who have seen it from the early days, it would appear not.

Matt - I totally agree that your restoration is something to be admired, especially the amount of attention to detail which you've put into it. However, ALL of the information prospective buyers need is located in your project thread. What was the reason you couldn't setup an advert in the classifieds with a link to your project thread where people could find everything they need?
    This was probably the reason the thread got binned as there wasn't a need to utilise the Parts Bin for this purpose...

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 14:58
    matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    matt evans wrote:

Matt - I totally agree that your restoration is something to be admired, especially the amount of attention to detail which you've put into it. However, ALL of the information prospective buyers need is located in your project thread. What was the reason you couldn't setup an advert in the classifieds with a link to your project thread where people could find everything they need?
    This was probably the reason the thread got binned as there wasn't a need to utilise the Parts Bin for this purpose...

Simple fact Stan, i did a classified add before and it never got published. So why bother doing it again.

It really does f**k me off that the likes of T40000PUG can have countless adds selling s**t that never gets delivered and he's openly baiting people in his add who he owes money to, and he's allowed to get away with it, yet an articulate well worded add gets binned because it doesnt fit the classified section, which tbh is utter rubbish.

Strikes me of double standards Stan.

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
    2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
    Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
    Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 15:02
    milkyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
    T400 PUG wrote:
    It really does f**k me off that the likes of matt evans can have countless adds selling s**t that never gets delivered and he's openly baiting people in his add who he owes money to, and he's allowed to get away with it, yet an articulate well worded add gets binned because it doesnt fit the classified section, which tbh is utter rubbish.

+1
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 15:09
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #22
    Stan, you've double posted Smile

• Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 15:09
    Chris28190

Senior User

Post #23
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    matt evans wrote:

Surely it would be easier for the seller and buyer to list the points in detail where its all in one place rather than going through a project thread. As nice as the car is some threads have a lot of pages and it would take a fair amount of time to look through to see what has been done to the car.

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
    Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 15:18
    dan86

Senior User

Post #24
    Peugeots for sale = Win
    Classifieds = Wheelie Bin

Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 16:34
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #25
    dangti6 wrote:
    Stan, you've double posted Smile