displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Bonnet Cable
darrengti

Regular

Post #1
Mine needs replacing. Anyone had any experience of fitting one? No guide, barely a mention of it online.

I can imagine it's a fiddly old process. What sort of route does it take?

Thanks

Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 10:06
rikky 🦔

Post #2
it goes through a grommet in the bulkhead behind the dash insulation from memory close to the side of the chassis. where has it broke? can you see anywhere? i would try and feed it through by the same sort of process as a clutch cable by attaching old one to new one and pulling it through the bulkhead, but depends where it's broke

i've only ever done it on stripped out cars, which helps LOL

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 10:09
darrengti

Regular

Post #3
It's gone on the end near the bonnet catch so plenty to attach too. Which way would you thread it, inside to out or vice versa?
Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 10:12
rikky 🦔

Post #4
depends on the cable i guess, is it like a universal one where you physically attach the end bit which sits in the pull handle? cos it's easier to pull a single wire through the hole rather than the cable with the nib on the end

>edit - forget that bit cos the release catch end is just a profiled end so should pull through easily!

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 10:19
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
rikky wrote:
depends on the cable i guess, is it like a universal one where you physically attach the end bit which sits in the throttle body / pull handle? cos it's easier to pull a single wire through the hole rather than the cable with the nib on the end

the one i had on my s16 had the handle end moulded into the cable but the TB end had a cylinder you screwed on to fit in the TB so i pulled it through from inside to outside

since when has the BONNET PULL CABLE, operated the THROTTLE BODY?

Pretty certain it is covered in the Haynes manual, you'll need to buy a complete unit from Peugeot for about £35.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 10:39
rikky 🦔

Post #6
Laugh my ass off maybe i should read what i write, edited

i meant to the bonnet catch LOL

then again would be pretty cool having bonnet pull catch as accelerator

Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 10:52