displaying posts 1 to 16 of 16

Author Subject: So whats new...
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hey boys and girls,

Long time no post (im a cheap bas**rd i know) as some of you know i left the uk around 18 months ago, and have been on working holidays ever since.

2 weeks USA (LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Savannah Georgia) which was great (apart from all the stereotypical loud yanks)

4 weeks Fiji which was awesome, nothing but sitting in hammocks, snorkeling, and drinking copious amounts of beer.

12 months in OZ, spent 7 of which on and off working on cattle stations (180,000acres) riding dirt bikes and quad bikes mustering cattle for hours on end, great fun. 4 bike, 8 dogs and a plane in the sky. among other jobs.

now been in NZ ever since, heading to work in the southern alps for a few months.

The trusty foreign steeds:

The Surf, 2.4lt tdi, big as fcuk, great on the dirt, but got 100k from the garage and the headgasket went badly! lucky the garage we bought it from coughed up the cost, then the auto trans seal started leaking like teen at a bieber concert but still managed around 35,000k

Then a 1994 ford falcon xr6 4.0 weapon, honestly i want one at home, its not the prettiest i admit, especially with the weird high back tray, but my f**king god does it shift, unreal lol. (this was a loner car from a friend we lived with who was head mechanic at the local ford)

Then managed a straight swap for the dying surf, 1996 for falcon wagon, again 4.0 but auto, still pretty damn quick mind. 398,000 but had been owned by the local hospital for its whole life, everything felt brand new!

(the only car i haven't got a pic of to hand, but the same in a colour i can only describe as similar to that 306 pharaoh gold or what ever its called.

Now had this since arriving in NZ, 2.5lt auto Subaru legacy grand wagon Lancaster edition (a stupidly long name if you ask me)

Actually love it even though its an auto, 2 or 4 wheel drive, had it in the snow and its great, half leather seats, electric everything, twin sunroofs and a headunit that talks Japanese to you whenever you press a button (imports for you lol)

Soooo what's new here?

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 12:18
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #2
You drive some butt ugly cars my friend LOL

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 12:21
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Alright Mat, good to have you back! NZ/Oz cars all look the same to me. Awful.

It's exactly the same here, nothing to see.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 12:23
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
owain wrote:
Alright Mat, good to have you back! NZ/Oz cars all look the same to me. Awful.

It's exactly the same here, nothing to see.

I know lol, didnt think much would change Razz

daveyboy wrote:
You drive some butt ugly cars my friend LOL
I know i know, they dont really focus on looks of cars over here, just wacking 4.0 engines in anything with 4 wheels! plus my budget would not allow for much!

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 12:26
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Now you go back to those Kiwis and you let them know that the first two people to post both said their cars are terrible, and you insist they do something about it immediately.

Isn't tax and insurance weird in NZ, it's optional or something weird?

Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 12:28
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
owain wrote:
Now you go back to those Kiwis and you let them know that the first two people to post both said their cars are terrible, and you insist they do something about it immediately.

Isn't tax and insurance weird in NZ, it's optional or something weird?
Tax isnt optional, but no insurance needed at all, at least in most states in OZ you get free TPFT when you buy registration.

I would tell the Kiwi's but they dont make any car, at all. All imports.

Oh and i have to share best photo so far, me doing my 3rd bunjy of the day the AJ hacket freestyle bunjy:

Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 12:31
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
oecken wrote:
no insurance needed at all, at least in most states in OZ you get free TPFT when you buy registration.

Ah that's it. And if you so much as wipe a bogey on your seat it counts as a modification and you have to have the car re-tested or you get the s**t kicked out of you by big Maori men?

Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 12:48
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
owain wrote:
oecken wrote:
no insurance needed at all, at least in most states in OZ you get free TPFT when you buy registration.

Ah that's it. And if you so much as wipe a bogey on your seat it counts as a modification and you have to have the car re-tested or you get the s**t kicked out of you by big Maori men?

Possibly? the size of them scares the s**t out of you anyway!

Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 12:49
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #9
Fuuudge that! Shock

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 12:54
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Ello mate Wave

As if its been 18 months since you left, jesus! Laugh

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 13:00
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
cjm_harris wrote:
Ello mate Wave

As if its been 18 months since you left, jesus! Laugh
Lol yeh Chris it has, i dont think i realized how much time this place sucks up from you Laugh my ass off

daveyboy wrote:
Fuuudge that! Shock

What the big scary maori men or the bungy Razz

Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 23:23
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Nothing is new to be fair, the only thing that is new is you with your zany photos showing off to the max! Being extreme and showing how much fun your life is compared to everyone elses.
Posted 22nd Sep 2012 at 03:30
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
jsoulman wrote:
Nothing is new to be fair, the only thing that is new is you with your zany photos showing off to the max! Being extreme and showing how much fun your life is compared to everyone elses.

Happy as ever James Laugh my ass off its not all fun and games, everyone neglects to tell you how stressful it is with no secure income! but yeh, why else do you get the photo's? Razz hope your well bud

Posted 22nd Sep 2012 at 04:05
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
If its not all fun and games why not post photos of yourself depressed so we can all feel better about ourselves?

Me well? Yes always well. In fact tonight I randomly bumped into a pro skater I used to skate with he was a f**king state. even worse off then I am. Jesus this country is unfair.
Posted 22nd Sep 2012 at 04:10
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
None of said pictures, life can always be worse so no need to get all depressed Razz

Posted 22nd Sep 2012 at 04:19
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
Nothing is wrong with being depressed. Most of the greatest songs ever made are by depressives Such as Sledge Hammer by Peter Gabriel.
Posted 22nd Sep 2012 at 04:26