displaying posts 1 to 25 of 37

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: We "steal" (buy) any car
720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
So, I'm thinking of selling my 2005 BMW 318 Ci coupe with Msport trim, 54k, some history and in good condition.

In general a very good example.

I thought I'd give myself a laugh and try "the nations favourite car buyer" and see if their self promoted "nice prices" were actually that nice.

I was fully expecting £4500, even though a more realistice resale value is around £5750..

We steal any car returned a "nice price" of £3390!!!!

I don't believe there is anyone who has ever had a satifactory transaction with these shysters...

So anyone want a BMW...?

EDIT: There is then a £49.99 transaction fee, and if I do want the money the next day there's another fee of £24.75.

Seriously, you've got to be thick to use these ultimate arseholes...

Deepak Gohil

Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 22:39
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Mist of the cars end up at car house warehouse nation wide... shysters part 2...

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 22:44
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Best bit is you dont even get that. you take the car to one of their places and they go over it with a fine tooth comb! They just pray on people who dont know what there car is worth
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 22:44
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #4
Niall wrote:
Best bit is you dont even get that. you take the car to one of their places and they go over it with a fine tooth comb! They just pray on people who dont know what there car is worth

I read somewhere that they actually have a target percentage for reduction when the car is bought in, I think it was 20% or something.

edit: and the f**king cookies they plant on your computer and endless emails are shocking.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 22:51
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Thats shocking but to be fair business is business and they need to make a good profit. Think of the people out there that just want to get rid of their car asap and they dont have time for anything else, say because they are leaving the country or something.

Wonder how much they take a 6/Rallye for. £400 is my guess.
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 00:14
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
They offered my mate £18 for his Audi A4 which had covered 200k he turnt them down as it had more fuel in it than what they were offering LOL

Team Nile 6 Superman
Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
5 x a 306 owner!
currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
I truely live for the 306 ®
Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 00:59
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
720puggti wrote:

LOL

I tried them once for my old fiesta that i sold in september 2010
Twas a S reg granted.
But my fiesta was OBSCENE in condition, Barely any rust, perfect bodywork
Very nice condition thoughout and 70k on the clock.
They offered me something like £350
Put it on autotrader and it was sold for 1.1k within a day LOL

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 01:13
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
To be honest though, that's just their business model. Just because you want rid of it doesn't mean someone's obliged to buy your twenty year old beaten up piece of s**t car, it's your problem.

You need it gone quick, they offer you below the asking price so they can make a profit. No different to part-ex IMO.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 07:25
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Think they offered £320 for my old p1

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 07:45
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
My brother in law used We Buy Any Car to get rid of my sisters car cus she has been canoodling in it with someone else and he refused to have it anywhere near the house. He would have only got a few £ and I think he spent it on booze.

Wonder how much they would give for something like a Delorean?
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 09:39
barry.rs

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Heard a good report for "we want any car".

A guy on the audi club wanted around £40k for he C6 RS6 and couldn't sell it so contacted them and they gave him £37k
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 10:04
gota6again

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Deepak, get the car up on e46zone.com, I'm sure you'll find a buyer at a more realistic price. Also according to that forum, values of e46's are slowly going up Thumbs up
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 10:08
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #13
Horses for courses.

A down and out may want more than 40p for Cher's greatest hits, but if he needs smack..

Not all businesses are out to do people a favour. You make your own choice after all.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 10:53
    rikky 🦔

Post #14
    i love ripping people off. i am here to make money, not friends

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 11:22
    matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
    720puggti wrote:
    So, I'm thinking of selling my 2005 BMW 318 Ci coupe with Msport trim, 54k, some history and in good condition.

In general a very good example.

I thought I'd give myself a laugh and try "the nations favourite car buyer" and see if their self promoted "nice prices" were actually that nice.

I was fully expecting £4500, even though a more realistice resale value is around £5750..

We steal any car returned a "nice price" of £3390!!!!

I don't believe there is anyone who has ever had a satifactory transaction with these shysters...

So anyone want a BMW...?

EDIT: There is then a £49.99 transaction fee, and if I do want the money the next day there's another fee of £24.75.

In fairness to them, at £3390, they will then move it onto one of the subsiduary car supermarket places for a small mark up, say £100, so the supermarket will pay £3490.

Add the prep it'll more than likely need, say £150, to cover a Valet and workshop check, it then owes £3640.00.

A typical 12m warranty will be £300, taking it to £3940.00, assuming they do sell it for £5750, that leaves £1810.00 in the deal, salesman earns £50 leaving £1760, take the VAT out leaves less than £1500 profit.

Plus the overheads, advertsing etc etc, is that an unrealistic profit for a dealer to earn. I dont think so, as if he has it in stock for 3 months, and has to reduce it to shift it, he could be earning less than a £1000 after VAT.

Webuyanycar.com is a successful business, and most of what they offer people is bang on trade guide money, yet folks get in a flap about it. Why?

As for folks being bid pennies for old cars, thats what they are worth in the trade, scrap money more often than not.

Look at the GTI6, more often than not a 15 yr old 2.0 petrol french hatch. To most dealers thats as desirable as Aids of the face, and worth banger money at Auction. To us geeks its a different story though.

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
    2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
    Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
    Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 11:22
    720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
    I agree with you guys that that is how we buy any car works and that is their business model.

What p**ses me off is the ad campaign. It is not a "nice" or "fair" when they are promoting their product against the alternative of selling your car privately. If they were campaigning that their offer is better than part-ex, it'd be a much easier business pill to swallow. Oh, and those extra fees are just ridiculous. I might understand if had been 6 months and no-one had called to ask about your car, but until then I wouldn't even consider them an option.

Anyway, I was never gonna sell to them, I just wanted to see what they thought my car was worth, and I was genuinely astonished they went that low.

I think I might try E46 Zone Dee, but that site is a lot like other internet forums: too many xxxl photos in people's signatures making the site almost impossible to understand, let alone navigate...

Deepak Gohil

Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 11:26
    matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
    Its the easy way out for a lot of people though, and that has to be paid for somehow,

Stick a classified add up in here - second thoughts, thats rubbish as well LOL

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
    2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
    Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
    Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 11:29
    720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
    I agree Matt it is the easy way out. I guess I'm just the type of person who if they recieve news from a friend that they used we buy any car, I'd punch them in arm for being a dick.

Deepak Gohil

Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 11:31
    barry.rs

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
    Anyone tried Autotraders "Quick sale" http://www.autotrader.co.uk/cars/selling/quick-sale?atcidi=ilc-cars-QCS008

Might be worth a try if you are in a hurry?
    Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 11:42
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #20
    If they gave you 'private' prices, they wouldn't have a business.

If due to certain circumstances you want hassle free hard cash within 24/48h, use them.

If you can justify advertising in several places, and can afford to hold out - then do so.

As mentioned before, it works for some people. That's the concideration people will be taking when deciding to use them. Their customers don't just assume they are getting private prices, they take that hit for convenience etc.

I got a cracking deal on our HDi recently as the chap didn't have permit parking for more than one vehicle. His new car was arriving, this old thing needed to go. The tax left on it was a fair chunk of what I paid, and I'm sure he realised this and took the neccesary hit. Of course he could have probably traded it in, but he must have made a decision somewhere along the line which suited him.

• Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 11:49
    720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
    Dan I'm not arguing with you. If you need to sell your car you need to sell it. It really is an owners own decision.

I jsut personally wouldn't use them and don't like them.

Deepak Gohil

Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 11:52
    rikky 🦔

Post #22
    more like you threatened him with your empire of blackmail and ruthless violence, and got a cheap HDi out of it

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 11:53
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #23
    I'M NOT f**kING ARGUING!!! LOL

rikky wrote:
    more like you threatened him with your empire of blackmail and ruthless violence, and got a cheap HDi out of it

He was a police officer so I remained calm.

Although I did speed on the test drive to see if he'd notice and then went on to physically assault him with a manila envelope stuffed with significantly less than he had anticipated.

• Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 12:01
    720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
    Oh, my mistake... Haha!

f**k We steal any car. I'm done with that shizzle.

Deepak Gohil

Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 12:11
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #25
    As Dan said, it's a simple case of convienience. Yes

There is the same thing available for houses. You can call certain companies who will buy your house no question and you will have the sale go through with the money in your account within 48 hours. It'll be for significantly less than market value, but if you need to shift the house it's a guaranteed way of doing it. Yes

Today's society is a "want it now" one, therefore these places exist so you can have "everything now" but it will cost you. If you have patience (like people used to in generations past) then you can sell things to the right people at the right prices if you *wait* long enough. Wink

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 13:00

Pages (2): [1] 2