displaying posts 1 to 25 of 67

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

Author Subject: Items not sent
GTI-6

Regular

Post #1
Hey,
Is there anything I can do on here if I buy something off someone, paypal the cash and dont hear zip out of them after that?

I bought 50 quids worth of bits from a paying regular member who shall remain nameless for the time being. Sent details and funds, but havent heard anything back after that and it was 2 weeks ago.

I figure its my problem? Sad

I hope he's just forgotten and will sort it, but am a bit cheesed off....

Love thy 6
Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:28
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #2
How long do parcels normally take to go from the UK to Aus?

EDIT: Seller isn't me by the way LOL

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:32
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Name and shame

Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:32
GTI-6

Regular

Post #4
daveyboy wrote:
How long do parcels normally take to go from the UK to Aus?

About a week, so i'm not jumping to any conclusions yet. It's just that since I paid him, i've not heard anything at all.

I'll give it two more weeks. I reckon if after a month he hasn't replied or sent it then I'll give you guys a heads up.

Thanks for the response.

Love thy 6
Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:34
GTI-6

Regular

Post #5
fatlapit wrote:
Name and shame

no probs. Sure it'll work out

Love thy 6
Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:35
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Wat bits u need?

Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:45
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Let's get a list going of who we think it is

1. Naiwick

If it's c_j_m he's notoriously s**t at sending stuff promptly.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:46
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #8
1. Naiwick
2. Bobsheavyoil

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:48
GTI-6

Regular

Post #9
Was a steering column and UJ. It'll be all good though. As I said, I'll give it a couple more weeks. We all get busy and distracted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM&feature=g-logo-xit

Seems to be distracting a lot of people right now. Been riots here in Sydney too. UK having problems?

2012 end of the world Big grin

Love thy 6
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 00:04
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Check the PayPal dispute process - there's a fixed amount of time you have to dispute the transaction after which you're scuppered, so DO NOT MISS THAT DEADLINE.

If the seller isn't responding to messages, open a dispute. A dispute isn't saying you're not going to pay, it just means the case is logged and will stay open until you say it's turned up - it's also far more likely to get the seller's attention, people generally don't ignore messages when they concern money.

I've had to open a couple in the pass, and it's ended up sorted both times, and I'm pretty confident it wouldn't have been if I'd just have waited.

I hope you didn't send the money as a personal transaction though, you're scuppered if you did.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 07:40
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #11
Protect others, name and shame. They can soon redeem themselves in this thread if there is a genuine reason.

Have they been online since you've contacted them - therefore ignoring you blatantly? If so, you have to name and shame.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 07:52
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
    dangti6 wrote:
    Protect others, name and shame. They can soon redeem themselves in this thread if there is a genuine reason.

Personally, I agree with this mentality. It's a seller's responsibility to see a sale through to the end - if there are delays that's fine, but people should be kept updated.

Whenever I put things on eBay I'm so paranoid about this - I make sure the end time aligns with a time I'll be about, make sure I'm not away anywhere, constantly check my emails in case questions come in, and then give people regular updates when I'm packaging it up and sending it out.

It costs nothing, and I think it's the least someone can do when they're making money from you. As Dan says if there's a genuine reason they can state it here and we'll all shrug and move on, no-one's going to put burning turds through their letterbox.

Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 07:57
    anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
    In the past ive asked admin to let me know when and how often said member was last logged in.

You should do the same, you're know then if the messages are being ignored or if they simply havent logged in since your last correspondance.

Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 07:58
    peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
    On 205gtidrivers it actually indicates of the message has been read or not
    How hard would it be to install that?

Anyway, name and shame, in the next 2 weeks they could have lots of other sales go through that font happen (if they are dodgy) and they can always reply to this thread can't they?

Cherry rallye - DOB Thursday 29/04/1999
    Team Rallye - the leaner, meaner, better looking sister of the GTI6 Big grin
    roland rat wrote:
    You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
    Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 08:07
    Tallguy_2

Regular

Post #15
    I agree Hugely with what owain is saying, a little politeness from a seller makes a huge difference for a buyer, just to keep them informed at least.

The other thing that bugs me is when you see an item priced including postage, so you think great I'll get that and then the seller can't make the effort to send it! If its a problem or you can't be bothered then don't advertise items like that.

I've got lots of bits for sale on eBay at the moment, my phone must be sick of refreshing where I keep checking for questions and buy it now auctions ending!

Just a little communication goes a very long way

"winners come and go but legends never die..."
    autorite-sport.co.uk
    Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 01:04
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
    Tallguy_2 wrote:
    The other thing that bugs me is when you see an item priced including postage

What I really hate is when it has something like £10 P&P, then it turns up stuffed with old pants, re-used cardboard and brown tape, with a £2 stamp on it.

If you're going to charge for postage and *packaging* that's fine, but package my s**t properly.

Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 06:58
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #17
    Tuglover?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 07:04
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #18
    Tallguy_2 wrote:

The other thing that bugs me is when you see an item priced including postage, so you think great I'll get that and then the seller can't make the effort to send it!

2 completely seperate issues there. Your preference and their incompetence.

I often prefer to advertise things with a price, because postage is cheaper than people think for larger items and the buyer knows the total price so can make their choice whether they want it or not.

I'd personally much rather see a 20kg item with say £8 added in the price for postage, than see someone offering a heavy item then say 'can post for extra'. When asked for a postage price they often respond with 'Can post for £15 'cos it's heavy'.

Best of both worlds - offer a collected price and a delivered price.

Before you get shafted, insist on a jonnie.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 07:47
    eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
    Have they got back to you yet?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
    Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 13:10
    mrdeey

Regular

Post #20
    Name and shame usually gets a response , but yeah how long does it take to send a pm ?

now new booted , boosted and flying again!
    Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 22:58
    eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
    the person i gathered it was is selling loads of stuff as of today?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
    Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 23:03
    GTI-6

Regular

Post #22
    Got a reply from the chap, He is sorting it, just been a bit slow, sure it'll make its way here.

As I said, if it comes to it and I don't get the stuff, I'll let you guys know, but until then don't let it stop you from sourcing parts on here. This is a good site for getting parts and 99% of the people on here are honest and helpful.

Love thy 6
    Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 23:19
    rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
    GTI-6 wrote:
    Got a reply from the chap, He is sorting it, just been a bit slow, sure it'll make its way here.

As I said, if it comes to it and I don't get the stuff, I'll let you guys know, but until then don't let it stop you from sourcing parts on here. This is a good site for getting parts and 99% of the people on here are honest and helpful.

I think i know who, had trouble from this guy before and i wouldn't say he is the most reliable. But glad you're getting it sorted! Big grin

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
    You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
    - Top Tip!!!
    Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 08:01
    Tallguy_2

Regular

Post #24
    dangti6 wrote:
    Tallguy_2 wrote:

The other thing that bugs me is when you see an item priced including postage, so you think great I'll get that and then the seller can't make the effort to send it!

2 completely seperate issues there. Your preference and their incompetence.

I often prefer to advertise things with a price, because postage is cheaper than people think for larger items and the buyer knows the total price so can make their choice whether they want it or not.

I'd personally much rather see a 20kg item with say £8 added in the price for postage, than see someone offering a heavy item then say 'can post for extra'. When asked for a postage price they often respond with 'Can post for £15 'cos it's heavy'.

Best of both worlds - offer a collected price and a delivered price.

Before you get shafted, insist on a jonnie.

Sorry that was bad wording on my behalf, what I was trying to say was; why advertise the item with postage suggesting your willing to post an item and then not get your arse into gear and go and do it, this seems to be happening a lot and it's because it gives you a bigger captive market rather than someone looking at the sellers location and thinking that's a bit far I'll give it a miss

"winners come and go but legends never die..."
    autorite-sport.co.uk
    Posted 21st Sep 2012 at 00:25
    GTI-6

Regular

Post #25
    UPDATE:

Still no steering column and UJ. Hasn't replied to any messages since the 18th. Noticed he now has a bad seller status. I've asked for it to be posted by the end of the month or for a refund, but hey, I'm probably being a bit hopeful there....

It is really unfair to offer a part some one has requested then take payment and ignore them.

If I dont get a refund or tracking number for shipment by then end of the month, i will name and shame.

If you're reading this, be fair and send me the bits I paid you for.
    If you're reading this and know you should have posted bits to people, let them know and post them as soon as you can. It doesn't take much to be nice!

Perhaps a seller feedback section would help?

Love thy 6
    Posted 26th Sep 2012 at 01:47

Pages (3): [1] 2 3