displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: cars locked me out :(
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
i have a phase one gti6. well i think its a phase one. has the chunkier phase 2 style IR keyfob. but the bodywork is phase1, reg is p202 eut (nearly spells peugeot if you squint) its a work in progress

anyways, as this car has been sat on my drive for a while every now n then i recharged the battery to get the remote central locking working so i could get in there and tinker.

about a week ago i put her on ramps under her own power without a hitch.
i ripped out all the aircon pipes, condensing rad, receiver, left the pump in as i didnt have the smaller belt n idler. i locked the car up remotely called it a day and intended to do more the next day. i.e. the interior aircon rad and use the freed up firewall holes to fit cable for a battery relocation.

next few days, battery was flat so i charged it up again and nothing is happening with the central locking anymore. i tried the good battery off my other 306, and the remote locking is still dead. the key fob is still blinking

whats really annoying is as i dead locked it remotely i cant use the key to unlock any doors :s

any ideas what i could of buggard up or how to get in there?

thanks

james

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 8th Sep 2012 at 02:29
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
If i'm honest buddy, sounds like you're going to have to access the receiver by other means. i'm wondering if it's your unlucky day and it's corroded to buggery.

Fun of phase 1's eh?

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 8th Sep 2012 at 08:50
rikky 🦔

Post #3
Tried key in door and turning it a bit further and harder past it's normal point of unlocking?

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 8th Sep 2012 at 09:03
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
As Rikky implies, there's no such thing as locking it in a way you can't undo with the key, it's just that the key normally isn't used to un-deadlock so that part of the mechanism is all rusted up and horrible.

Get some WD40 in the barrel, let it soak then give it another go.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 8th Sep 2012 at 10:56
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
owain wrote:
As Rikky implies, there's no such thing as locking it in a way you can't undo with the key, it's just that the key normally isn't used to un-deadlock so that part of the mechanism is all rusted up and horrible.

Get some WD40 in the barrel, let it soak then give it another go.

I thought the exact same as this. Thumbs up

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 8th Sep 2012 at 11:48
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
dont know if its the same on the ph1s but if you deadlock a ph3 and unlock it with the key, you have to twist the key and hold it for a few seconds normally.....even though my last ph3, one of the doors just unlocked straight away
Posted 8th Sep 2012 at 13:58
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
dont i feel like a dingleberry. i just ragged the lock a little further and it unlocked itself. this didnt however activate the central locking and unlock any other doors or the boot :s

then the alarm went off when i opened the door:s it stayed on through entering the keypoad code and starting the engine. i cant seem to turn the alarm off. if i wait about 3 mins it turns off but as soon as the motion detector senses something (me) its back on blazing again. ive had to disconnect the battery.

i have a feeling my sun roof has leaked and moving my car from facing uphill on my drive to slightly downhill has meant water has seeped into the locking box under the driverseat?

how much is a new box? are they car/phase specific types? i think i might need one if the airing cupboard doesnt fix this one

thanks for your help so far guys

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 10th Sep 2012 at 15:18