displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: that time of year
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
ok it's that time of year again.... MOT time eek! I've had the car three years and to be honest i hav't had that many issues with it. I bought it from sussitout (team balcombe) it was his wifes car and quite tidy then on 98k now on 146k. over the last three years all i have had to do is drop links, ball joints, wheel bearings,front disks, pads all round, dodgy door handle that snapped off, a coil pack (still owe thug a pint for that) and tyres! it's been relatively trouble free i thought the clutch was going but it still pulls hard and hasn't slipped for months. all pretty standard and to be expected i drive it daily and frequently quite hard!
so i know it has failed and it has taken them all day and they still haven't finished it! brake lines hand brake bios something or other, a side light bulb, a ball joint, a track rod end, wiper blades, a rear brake caliper! they won't have it ready till tommoro afternoon.

whats it going to cost? (i don't know yet either)

I asked them to do the cambelt too but they have had to rebook that for another day.

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 18:43
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Dude your gonna get raped for that lot ? Should of done it your self Yes
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 18:56
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #3
doing it myself is not an option at the moment! it's been a s**t year so far all in all; money has no meaning anymore! i'm sort of living between two homes; marriage is tits up, enjoying single life again but have no where to work on it if i wanted to. the car is the only fun i have right now so sod it; it's cough up or scrap it and what would i get to replace it? simple economice dictate that it has to be worth it whatever! i'm thinking 4/5 hundred quid so far maybe they'll do the cambelt cheap Whistle

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 19:04
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Dude I'd of done that work for ya for not a lot would do a cam belt hangs for ya if needed but bet your miles away Dunno
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 19:21
gota6again

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
It might surprise you and work out cheaper than you think? I'd budget 5-600 for the worst case and is it an option to have a local member help out with the cambelt?
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 19:22
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #6
Looking at 300-400 ish id say Chris for that lot.

If you need anythng in future drop me a Pm and ill do t for beer and BBQ Wink

Also worth asking welshpug about cambelt as hes cheap and does a good job Thumbs up
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 19:39
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #7
bigbadbowen wrote:
Dude your gonna get raped for that lot ? Should of done it your self Yes

well i picked the old girl up today legal again! was;t too bad had to have two new calipers o n the rear! they freed up the brake bios thingy! dis all the bits and bobs but didn't do the tracking. £420,00 they will do the cambelt for £250,00 and give me a courstesy car which is the old siver dream micra.

Forum help is always appreciated and i know there are decent skilled member willing to help out but sometimes it's just easier to grive in drive out and get it done! the garage i use give us excelnt friendly no bulls**t customer service and i like to support the local economy however i can. i had bugeted to spend around 700.00 quid on the car to keep it going so i wasn;t far off by the time the tracking and cambelt has been done. these cars are money pits but they are also great fun! may the fun continue!

Posted 7th Sep 2012 at 22:01
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
£250 isnt bad for a garage

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 8th Sep 2012 at 09:43
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #9
Sounds about right Chris, at least you saved the old girl from going to the scrapper! Nice one. Cool

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 8th Sep 2012 at 10:34