displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Different Phase Seats?
ash j

Regular

Post #1
Hi,

I know all 6's came with half leather and alcantara seats, but did they look different from phase to phase?

Looking at my seats, the passenger side has a pocket on the back to hold stuff in, but the drivers side doesn't? And there are two plugs underneath the seats that don't plug into anything (I'm assuming this is to do with airbags).

My car is a Phase 2 GTi, and as far as I know should have side airbags. I imagine the driver's side seat isn't standard, and doesn't have an airbag, hence why leads are not connected?

Do the seats look different for each phase (i.e. size of bolsters etc)?

Cheers
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 19:03
dan86

Senior User

Post #2
Phase 1's have half leather half alcantara with very big boulsters on the base part which have metal frames in the boulsters.

Phase 2's (97/98) have the same shape seat as the p1's but with half leather half mustang cloth (looks like an art student attacked them with red or yellow paint on a masonry brush). I'm not sure if the alcanrara was an option?

Phase 3's (99 onwards) seem to have the half leather half alcantara with smaller boulsters on the base part without metal framing in the boulsters. These have side airbags.

Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 19:43
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
My stepsons car is a phase 2 with alcantara and the big boulsters, its a '97

'90 1.6 205 GTi, '98 306 GTi-6
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 20:04