displaying posts 26 to 41 of 41

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Newbie from Portsmouth
ash j

Regular

Post #26
Thanks for the info Ryan.

I'm guessing my car must be the one that is for sale in this thread from this forum:
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119564

According to that, engine made a knocking noise when revs dropped which fits with what you have said. I have contacted Richard (Pugplus) about it today and he is going to have a look on his computer later to see if he can give me anymore info or history about it.

Seems to be running spot on to me though!

Only reason I asked about head gasket, is because I started a thread in 'Engines' section a couple of weeks ago, because my car hesitates, almost like a misfire, for the first time you put your foot down when it is started from cold. Then it clears and is fine from then on. People on here said change the green temp sensor, so I did and it still occasionally does it. So the guys on here then suggested it might be early signs of head gasket failure. But according to the thread above and what you said, the head gasket has been done 18/24 months ago. Although that's not to say it couldn't go again, but it doesn't seem to be losing coolant or showing any normal signs of head gasket failure, so perhaps my problem relates to something else.

Interesting stuff to know anyway.

Cheers
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 13:49
fordygti

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Ditch the tints!!! Welcome. Thumbs up

98 onyx black 306 Rallye
53 Nissan Primastar silver (work horse)
58 black Volvo c30 sport
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 18:02
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Yea as soon as I saw the first pic and saw the dent. "Yea it's PugPlus' car!"

Not gonna lie I would have bought this... engine bay is pretty Fookin' MINT! Yes

Enjoy it!... Cos I want it Razz Get the dent done though chap Thumbs up

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 18:37
ash j

Regular

Post #29
fordygti wrote:

Before I saw the car, I was told it had tints. I am not a fan of tints at all, normally hate them! I planned on taking them out but they have really grown on me against the Diablo! So I might end up keeping them.

arigti6 wrote:
Yea as soon as I saw the first pic and saw the dent. "Yea it's PugPlus' car!"

Not gonna lie I would have bought this... engine bay is pretty Fookin' MINT! Yes

Enjoy it!... Cos I want it Razz Get the dent done though chap Thumbs up

Thanks for the kind words Smile the engine bay is pretty damn clean Thumbs up

Yes I do need to get the dent in the front wing sorted, there is a couple of other bodywork bits I want doing too.

Also want to refurb the wheels, but can't decide on a Hi-Power Silver finish like standard or Gloss Black!

And because of all the history that has been brought up since I've posted the pics of the car up, I got hold of Richard (PugPlus) today to find out if this was the car and a little bit more history about what went on!

He recognised the registration straight away, he said it was a very good car, no rust whatsoever but just the engine wasn't right.

The original engine was suffering from bottom end noise, so he started replacing quite a few parts, but even though it got better, in the end he never felt it was 100%, so he bought a Xsara VTS with a mint 80k engine and put it in this. Belts etc were all changed at the same time. To be honest he sounds like a fairly decent chap/

I'm happy with her anyway, runs spot on and bodywork overall is pretty damn clean. Love her!! Smile

The guy I bought it off works at Lynx Power Engineering near me, and as I'm sure a lot of you know from Rich W on here, they make bespoke upgrades and install supercharger kits to 306s Cool
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 18:52
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #30
Ahh thats the one,its a nice looking car and enjoy Thumbs up
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 19:08
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
ash j wrote:

The guy I bought it off works at Lynx Power Engineering near me, and as I'm sure a lot of you know from Rich W on here, they make bespoke upgrades and install supercharger kits to 306s Cool

Rich knows his stuff and he would not rip people off so he would not have sold it if it was dodgy Thumbs up

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 19:08
ash j

Regular

Post #32
6waysforward wrote:
ash j wrote:

Rich knows his stuff and he would not rip people off so he would not have sold it if it was dodgy Thumbs up

Yes that's right, although it wasn't Rich I bought it from, it was someone else who works there, but he is also a genuine, sound guy Smile
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 19:24
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
ash j wrote:
fordygti wrote:

Before I saw the car, I was told it had tints. I am not a fan of tints at all, normally hate them! I planned on taking them out but they have really grown on me against the Diablo! So I might end up keeping them.

If you end up changing your mind on the tinted windows, i'll swap them for mine that are standard?
I'm only down the road so PM if interested...

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 23:22
Tallguy_2

Regular

Post #34
ash j wrote:
Tallguy_2 wrote:
Did you do the hindhead tunnel run monday night?

Yes I was at the tunnel run, what were you in?

I was in the R35 GTR Skyline, can't wait to get my 6 all built up though

You enjoy it mate?

"winners come and go but legends never die..."
autorite-sport.co.uk
Posted 1st Sep 2012 at 01:11
ash j

Regular

Post #35
Tallguy_2 wrote:
ash j wrote:
Tallguy_2 wrote:
Did you do the hindhead tunnel run monday night?

Yes I was at the tunnel run, what were you in?

I was in the R35 GTR Skyline, can't wait to get my 6 all built up though

You enjoy it mate?

Was that your GTR? Only saw one arrive up there, black with black wheels? My favourite car!

What you doing to your 6 then?

Yeah it was ok, was a bit like fast and furious at one point. Come off at the second exit after the tunnel, I was parked up at the front. Police came through and everyone ran to their cars and booted it off! You enjoy it bud?
Posted 1st Sep 2012 at 01:25
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
If it was Pugplus' car then look out for plasterboard screws holding everything together
Posted 1st Sep 2012 at 01:32
Tallguy_2

Regular

Post #37
Yeah, was a bloody good laugh through there!

Yeah it was funny on that exit after,

National speed limit on way back too!!

"winners come and go but legends never die..."
autorite-sport.co.uk
Posted 1st Sep 2012 at 01:41
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Not all that keen on tints although I did plan on having it done on mine orinally but never got round to it and I doubt I would have bothered but as you bought it with you can make your decision to keep or just rip it off if you didn't like it...

(I may be barking up the wrong tree) Does it have the Phase 1 seats? Dunno

Silver is best on Diablo IMO! Did want mine done in Anthracite but since scrapping it I've decided I prefer silver really. I do like the TD Pro Race 1.2 wheels in black, suits Diablo nicely Smile

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 1st Sep 2012 at 12:44
ash j

Regular

Post #39
arigti6 wrote:
Not all that keen on tints although I did plan on having it done on mine orinally but never got round to it and I doubt I would have bothered but as you bought it with you can make your decision to keep or just rip it off if you didn't like it...

(I may be barking up the wrong tree) Does it have the Phase 1 seats? Dunno

Silver is best on Diablo IMO! Did want mine done in Anthracite but since scrapping it I've decided I prefer silver really. I do like the TD Pro Race 1.2 wheels in black, suits Diablo nicely Smile

Yes that's it, nice to have the decision!

You are certainly along the right lines with the seats. When I spoke to Pugplus, he said from memory one of the seats is Phase 2 and one is Phase 1. The guy I bought the car off thought they were both Phase 1.

However, none of them look like Phase 1 seats. If I'm correct, the Phase 1 have bigger bolsters on the base, but mine are both like Phase 2 / Phase 3 seats.

However, the passenger seat has a pocket on the back to hold stuff in, the drivers one doesn't. Don't know what this means if anything?

And the airbag leads are both unplugged as the seats apparently don't have airbags in them, even though my car would have come with side airbags as standard.

But I'm on the look out for a pair of nice Phase 1 seats to put in her Smile

And think I will stick to silver, but I really like the idea of Gloss Black. I'm going to buy another cheap set of Cyclones and might get them refurbed black so I have a choice!
Posted 1st Sep 2012 at 12:55
720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
I can't believe how this wind up fizzled out... :disappointed

Deepak Gohil

Posted 1st Sep 2012 at 22:04
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Yea that is correct but the some early phase 2 cars (mostly P reg, '96) also have big bolstered seats as I bought some out of a Nile blue from Roland Rat/Thugpuggin', much comfier! Yes

I think the Phase 3 seats have the pocket in the back, swear mine in my V reg were like that... Could be wromg of course Hmm

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 4th Sep 2012 at 12:22

Pages (2): 1 [2]