displaying posts 1 to 13 of 13

Author Subject: Replacement Sill Panel (outer, pass side)
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
As above, anyone know anywhere doing replacement panels for a 306?

Need a new sill as mine has finally lost the fight against rust Angry
Easier to slap a full one on than chop and patch - if I can find one.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 28th Aug 2012 at 16:07
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
never seen any 3 door ones, for some reason the 4/5 door and convertible sills are shown on SB but not the 3 door.

I think it may be because the 3/4 panel the sill and door frame are a single piece on a 3 door shell, so choppy choppy in a scrappy would be the only way.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Aug 2012 at 16:46
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Yeah, I thought someone might do a repair sill though, save me hassle of making one!

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 28th Aug 2012 at 20:53
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Nope, f**ked if I can find one. Angle grinder time.

Email me!
Posted 30th Aug 2012 at 14:15
thewho07

Regular

Post #5
I realise this is an ancient thread...

But did you manage to find yourself a replacement sill? I'm in the same boat now and need to do my drivers side one. Is it a case of cutting one off as a replacement?

Thanks!
Posted 20th Sep 2015 at 20:48
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
No, never found any, I ended up making new panels out of sheet steel, think I ended up putting about 7 seperate panels in in the end, sill was a mess:

That rear corner was a b**ch to form so I made it on it's own and then welded the main piece in in front, as you can see above. Even the long section is a swine as it's compound curved so you have to hammerform it all the way.

Email me!
Posted 20th Sep 2015 at 20:56
thewho07

Regular

Post #7
Thanks for that. Looks like a horrible job... Need to replace mine in exactly the same place.
Posted 20th Sep 2015 at 21:04
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Yep, if you look the corner of the floor actually seperated once I cut the s**t out.

'twas fooking strong when I finished though.
Then I scrapped it a few months later LOL

Email me!
Posted 20th Sep 2015 at 22:00
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
I had a rust hole due to jacking damage on one sill where some idiot had jacked the car on the sill (not even the seam) and caved it in, causing a rust hole to develop under the sill cover. I bought a 5-door outer sill and the guy who fixed it cut a section out of it, as the 3-door outer sill is part of the whole side of the car, as someone else stated. The 5-door sill was available from a number of places when I looked 2 years ago, just google it. The 5-door sill is longer, but it sufficed for my purposes. Once finished you will need to protect the welds inside, in my case I blew Bilt Hamber Electrox inside the sill with a lance, then once that had dried I wax injected both sills.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 23rd Sep 2015 at 21:39
thewho07

Regular

Post #10
mik wrote:
I had a rust hole due to jacking damage on one sill where some idiot had jacked the car on the sill (not even the seam) and caved it in, causing a rust hole to develop under the sill cover. I bought a 5-door outer sill and the guy who fixed it cut a section out of it, as the 3-door outer sill is part of the whole side of the car, as someone else stated. The 5-door sill was available from a number of places when I looked 2 years ago, just google it. The 5-door sill is longer, but it sufficed for my purposes. Once finished you will need to protect the welds inside, in my case I blew Bilt Hamber Electrox inside the sill with a lance, then once that had dried I wax injected both sills.

That's good to know. I'll see if I can get my hands on a 5 door sill then Thumbs up
Posted 23rd Sep 2015 at 22:24
lj_6

Regular

Post #11
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121761826584&globalID=EBAY-GB

I've seen this floating on eBay a fair bit!

Astra burg #365 Garrett Power
'99 bodied 6 track project
Posted 23rd Sep 2015 at 22:51
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Probably going to find you have to fabricate the centre and inner sills anyway (and probably some of the reinforcements) if it's anything like mine was.

Email me!
Posted 23rd Sep 2015 at 23:04
fast_eddie

Regular

Post #13
Need a n/s rear quarter panel if anyone ever sees one Sad
Posted 25th Sep 2015 at 01:17