displaying posts 126 to 132 of 132

Pages (6): first .. 4 5 [6]

Author Subject: Richies Project Rallye
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #126
daveyboy wrote:
Bonnet badge is a no from me I'm afraid, black suited it better I think. Everything else looks spot on though.

I reckon a satin black surround with the lion still chrome would look good. I'm intending to do just that to mine.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 12th May 2013 at 19:40
magpie2130

Junior User

Post #127
rallye still has a cold i see.... Big grin

did you sort the box in the end?

Team Rallye
Team Cover Car

3 Stripes + 6 Gears = Fun
Posted 13th May 2013 at 10:26
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #128
Yes I did sort out the box, worked on it 3 evenings in a row!

Put new bushes in the box so my clutch feels light as a heavy feather!! Also the car feels a lot more responsive, amazing what a decent box does to change how the car drives.

Seems like the old one was definitely on the way out.

I've decided on the badge staying the same colour, it really has grown on me and suits the car down to a T.

As for future parts needed? Well I ruined one of the gear linkages, so after black silicone and a browse on the Internet later; I have decided I'm going to get the short shift kit.

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 13th May 2013 at 10:58
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #129
Finally got round to uploading more photos!

Gearbox change:

Today i set about using the hour or two of sunshine!
I put the 306oc stickers on, then installed the LED lighting for the engine bay, operated by switch when the bonnet opens i think it looks pretty neat!
Heres a photo of it in the dark:

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 15th May 2013 at 21:40
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #130
Thanks to those of you who reminded me that i should really update my project thread!

It's been a fair while since i have posted anything of any real significance, a lot has been done to this since, i was in a huge rush to get it finished for FCS this year! Smile

Also took her on Track at FCS!! Big grin

Things done:

Painted Strut brace (rather poorly)
Painted Alloys and got them suited and booted
Replaced leaky Power steering pipe
Painted a Rallye themed Bonnet badge
Replaced Starter motor
Redid the Earth points due to dodgy starting!
Posed on stage with the Lassa Babes at FCS :p

Now for photos:

A few things i'm disappointed with as they wouldn't go to plan, The alloys paint didn't turn out like i hoped so the Red is something i cannot see in the shine.
When getting the Toyo Proxie tyres put on, the guy balancing them took a chip out of the paint when bolting them in, the morning of FCS!

The strut brace needs redoing due to my crap effort, Rust is returning to the engine bay and i haven't got round to sorting out the jobs that need doing!

I sorted out the leaky power steering pipe, but that seems to be a lost cause now as i'm leaking from either the ram or a connection on the pipe.

Also traced the location of my oil leak to the Crankshaft seal!

Finding the time and money to sort some of these issues out are giving me a headache. Also the exhaust has a crack across the midsection 'box'.

So here is my list of things to do!:

Repaint Strut brace
Repaint badge (chipping away)
Sort out paint on alloys (A maybe on this one, might just wait till i get 16" alloys)
Repair power steering leak
Replace the Crank shaft seal
Get Top mount welded
Re-underseal car including under the fuel tank this time.
Sort out minor rust in Engine bay
Replace Exhaust
Service Due soon!
Lower car

Secret project no.1
Secret project no.2

I appreciate this seems a rushed update, but it's the most brief way i can possibly think of translating it to you lol!

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 20:48
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #131
Looking good Rich, always something else to do isn't there? I've got a PS fluid leak too, ram I think. I'm going to look into finding somewhere that rebuilds them. I like the pic with the hot birds at FCS, oh and the car looks good too! For engine bay rust I would get it off with drill and rust remover gel, then use zinc primer overcoated with body colour paint and clear wax over the top of that.

Full credit for the gearbox change, I'm not that skilled, definitely shows your 'pioneering' spirit.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 01:03
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #132
Oh the list seems bloody endless, the only thing keeping me going is the passion for my Rallye really!

The power steering leak is a nuisance, i just cannot seem to sort it out. So what i think i will do is combat the crank seal, Power steering pipe and swap over a subframe all in a weekend sometime. (preferably before it gets too cold).
Funny enough i forgot to mention about the subframe, i have one spare in the garage that i might buy some wishbones for, clean it up and paint it. Also have a PAS ram sitting on there off of an XSi as well.

I have plans to take the entire engine out again at some point - only when i take the car off the road using other transport.
This time the engine bay will be De-rusted properly, sanded down and painted so that i never see rust there again.
Also think i'll sort out the engine mount at the same time, either that or give DaveyBoy a ring!

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 23:15

Pages (6): first .. 4 5 [6]