displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Electric window problem
pooouk

Regular

Post #1
I've done a search and found nothing similar to my problem. My passenger side window started working intermitently a while ago (on both the p/side and d/side switches) and has stop working completely now. When I took the door card off I found that when I pressed the switch up the motor would kick (the window is stuck in the up position) but nothing when pressed down, I had already bought a good regulator so I plugged that in and that did the same (up but not down) I then bought a known good switch and it still does the same!!! I'm obviously getting power to both the switch and the window motor so I'm discounting the door loom..... the drivers window works as normal, but as mentioned, doesn't work the p/side window (that doesn't even make the motor kick when pressing the up button) Would a knackered drivers side switch stop the passenger side window from working?

Cheers,

Nick

AKA nick on 205gtidrivers.com
Posted 20th Aug 2012 at 15:30
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
most likely to be broken wires in the loom between door and door pillar, on either side.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 20th Aug 2012 at 15:55
pooouk

Regular

Post #3
But the window works going up, but not down, so power is getting there. I can't see how the loom could affect the window working in one direction but not the other?!?! So would a dodgy switch on the drivers side affect the passenger side?

Nick

Posted 20th Aug 2012 at 18:31
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yes my loom is broken, drivers side- which stops the passenger side working. It's irritating.

Posted 20th Aug 2012 at 18:39
pooouk

Regular

Post #5
Cheers Anth, that's what I needed to know.

Nick

Posted 21st Aug 2012 at 07:56