displaying posts 51 to 56 of 56

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: Welders
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #51
clen666 wrote:
daveyboy wrote:
If you want to see a really really nice mig check out the EWM Pico Puls 180, it's a gem.

She's a beaut', just slightly out of my budget

To be fair it's out of most peoples, but for our hire fleet it's great, especially the metal thickness function, just dial in the plate thickness you are welding and it trims wire feed and volts to suit. Makes life really easy for beginners.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 16th Aug 2012 at 00:49
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
When using extension leads, this can effect a welders power, always best to use it straight from the plug in the wall. It can mostly effect the machines power when welding thick steel.

The only problem with pigeon s**t is time, grinding down all the high welds takes too much time and mess. Practice, practice and practice some more. I dont weld every weekend and it took me a while get use to my machine and to gain some tips that isn't really taught, just experience.

A few more tips is to keep the weld area very clean and as said rust pit free in the weld area, clean new steel to the cars good steel. Butt welding is good practice but takes time to do well, stencils and cutting up plate sections for a perfect fit takes time. I weld in time sections, 2 sec to get the weld pool and move every 2 seconds as i go along on thin steel especially. For thin steel there is another way, do a weld pool like a spot weld then trigger off, say 2 second weld pool, move half way across the weld and start again just before the first weld pool goes out.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 16th Aug 2012 at 02:39
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #53
Here's the one I bought in for Jon Boy

He's collecting tomorrow and getting a bit of training on how to burn holes in things like a pro Cool

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 5th Sep 2012 at 08:12
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
That looks like a re-masked Portamig.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 5th Sep 2012 at 15:21
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #55
beez_neez_gt wrote:
That looks like a re-masked Portamig.

Technical Arc own Portamig Yes

Harness bars
Posted 5th Sep 2012 at 15:48
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
do they still sell the iMIG 160 or has it been discontinued? The link that was posted earlier isn't working and I can't see it on their site

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 24th Jul 2013 at 20:03

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]