displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: Prices???
Miami205gti

Regular

Post #1
Hi Ime after prices on a conversion. Ime after a decent price on fitting a my supplied mi16 ally engine to my 205. Basically Ime no mechanic and am not confident enough to fit it myself! I have bought a mi16 engine. It comes with re angled manifold and shortened inlet. But no loom. I will remove my gti engine ready for conversion. So if anybody is willing to do this please pm me with a quote! I live in newcastle so preferably not someone the other end of the country. Thanks Lee! Thumbs up

Pug 205 gti 1.9 Miami blue
Pug 207 gt hdi

Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 17:02
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
i can do it for you but ime in bicester Dunno
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 17:31
Miami205gti

Regular

Post #3
jonnie205 wrote:
i can do it for you but ime in bicester Dunno

Omg that's over 300 mile. Thanks for replying but that's too far to toe the 205 Unsure

Pug 207 gt hdi

Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 17:38
daver6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
So you want a hand lifting the engine onto the mounts? or all the wiring loom work too?

Red Rallye - Rolling "restoration"

Wishbone Polybushes available
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 19:08
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Ime no wordwright either, but putting an engine in is the easy bit.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 19:18
Miami205gti

Regular

Post #6
daver6 wrote:
So you want a hand lifting the engine onto the mounts? or all the wiring loom work too?

I intend to buy a dizzy converter and unlock my ect so I can use my 205 loom. So basically fitting the mi16 engine and wiring it up so it runs.

Pug 207 gt hdi

Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 19:35
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
To be honest I'd rent an engine crane and have a go at doing it yourself. There's all the info you need on 205gtidrivers forum and at least then you will know it's done properly and know a lot more about your car.

I'd also encourage you to run it on proper Mi management rather than adapt the 205 stuff, I've just taken an Mi out of my 205 and to be honest the wiring doesn't look that difficult and again all the info for doing it is on drivers. From conversion's I've seen they appear to be better when converted properly on the correct management.

My loom may be available although assuming you are doing it to the car in your sig it will be no use to you as my car is a phase 1.

Ryan
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 19:52
Miami205gti

Regular

Post #8
ryangti6 wrote:
To be honest I'd rent an engine crane and have a go at doing it yourself. There's all the info you need on 205gtidrivers forum and at least then you will know it's done properly and know a lot more about your car.

I'd also encourage you to run it on proper Mi management rather than adapt the 205 stuff, I've just taken an Mi out of my 205 and to be honest the wiring doesn't look that difficult and again all the info for doing it is on drivers. From conversion's I've seen they appear to be better when converted properly on the correct management.

My loom may be available although assuming you are doing it to the car in your sig it will be no use to you as my car is a phase 1.

Thanks for replying Ryan! Think I might have a go myself! Cheers

Pug 207 gt hdi

Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 20:08
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
yeah use the motronic management, they never run right on a dizzy adaptor and to be honest its no more work, just get hold of all the mi16 stuff, you will need ecu, loom, afm etc etc so it depends how much of that you already have i suppose. About 3 wires needed to make it run plus use the 205 gauges loom
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 20:14
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Ditch the short inlet too, the std one is fine and without the restriction inside from the welding, Plus nowhere to mount coil etc, Just trim the rad cowl down

Hardest thing is to find a good AFM and throttle body these day's, The spindles wear and give odd running issues at tick over mainly, AFM again tend to hunt on idle which doesn't help at MOT time

A Proper MI loom is all re-routed so completely stripped down and made to fit the 205, Not using link looms or other short cut's and by Christ I've seen and had to sort out allot

Check the exhaust manifold does not leak either, very common again as the middle goes and cracks with age which blows the exhaust gas's back toward's the engine/head, if it looks bad best to sort while out of the car as in they are a right pain to remove

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 20:40
Miami205gti

Regular

Post #11
miles wrote:
Ditch the short inlet too, the std one is fine and without the restriction inside from the welding, Plus nowhere to mount coil etc, Just trim the rad cowl down

Hardest thing is to find a good AFM and throttle body these day's, The spindles wear and give odd running issues at tick over mainly, AFM again tend to hunt on idle which doesn't help at MOT time

A Proper MI loom is all re-routed so completely stripped down and made to fit the 205, Not using link looms or other short cut's and by Christ I've seen and had to sort out allot

Check the exhaust manifold does not leak either, very common again as the middle goes and cracks with age which blows the exhaust gas's back toward's the engine/head, if it looks bad best to sort while out of the car as in they are a right pain to remove

Thanks for the advice m8 Thumbs up

Pug 207 gt hdi

Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 21:12
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Price wise really does depend on the quality of the company and work, Up your way thou it's difficult unless you travel a fair way or just buy the bits in kit form which I would say is the easiest

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 22:58