displaying posts 226 to 230 of 230

Pages (10): first .. 8 9 [10]

Author Subject: Nialls GTi6
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #226
Thought i'd update this seeing as i haven't since it was mapped!
The car was used throughout show season faultlessly, my only issue being air temperatures which i think I've now worked my way around but we will see when it warms up. On the way to PFC expo in October, the car broke down not once but twice. No ignition on Cyl 1&4. Originally thought it was a bad coil pack as the one i was using had a history of failure. Replaced it with a 1.8/XSi coil pack and it ran much smoother and happier but still occasionally dropped ignition on cylinders 1&4. I ended up doing all sorts of tests and never really came to anything conclusive. The biggest issue i found was a severe resistance on the engine earth strap so i made up a new one which saw the voltage drop drop from 1.8v to 0.01v. Eventually, i sent the ECU off to Omex who couldn't of been more helpful, tested the ecu, tested it on a extended test at full dwell for a few hours and it wouldn't fail however they kindly replaced the coil driver FOC and its been fine since!
Anyway, car sort of went into hibernation from then until now. It was put away with badly warped front discs and very kindly, Demondriverdan did all the leg work on a group buy i started lol and i got a new set of rotors nice and cheap.

Drives lovely now and christ does it stop!
Also found i was down on power and was last year before i stopped using it. Turned out i had a boot leak so fixed that yesterday with help from the dog...well I'm not sure i can call it help, more getting in the way

That now has brought my AFRs back to how they should be and it goes as it should now lol. And finally, since it hadn't been cleaned since october, today i thought it was about time. I forgot what it looked like clean lol

More to come in the following months, mainly a new rear beam as mines on its way out. Oh also, I've set up launch control which is pretty good but needs more fettling plus a button on the steering wheel.
Posted 8th Mar 2015 at 16:04
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #227
Looking good fella Thumbs up

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 8th Mar 2015 at 17:18
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #228
Awesome project mate must be very happy 👍

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 8th Mar 2015 at 17:24
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #229
Looks awesome when its clean mate love the colour
Posted 8th Mar 2015 at 17:58
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #230
Thanks all Smile Cant wait for the warmer weather and more excuses to drive it!
Posted 8th Mar 2015 at 19:13

Pages (10): first .. 8 9 [10]