displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: key fob
Rix13

Regular

Post #1
Getting quite annoyed with the life span of batteries in my key fob. Lasting on average 4 days and sick of buying new ones. Tried different ones and still doing this. Any ideas if the fob can drain them. One day its fine and doesnt have a problem then next morning nothing. It's the ph2 fob and I've been putting 2 cr2025s in.

www.eastcoastmodified.org

E46 318i tourer SE - Dog Car/Work horse
306 Gti - Track Project
Posted 16th Jul 2012 at 21:50
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Known for it but given you generally have to stand on the bonnet and wait three minutes 36 seconds to get the thing to open in the first place I'd just stop using it and use the key direct.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 16th Jul 2012 at 22:22
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
The micro switch on the circuit board usually fails and runs the battery down. Get a camera and face it on the infra red led on the key. If you can see it lighting up constantly, it's fooked. If it only lights up when you push the button, it's fooked.

You can replace the micro switch if your any good at soldering or just buy a new key fob and program it.
Posted 17th Jul 2012 at 20:28
hismastersfinger11

Regular

Post #4
Niall wrote:
The micro switch on the circuit board usually fails and runs the battery down. Get a camera and face it on the infra red led on the key. If you can see it lighting up constantly, it's fooked. If it only lights up when you push the button, it's fooked.

You can replace the micro switch if your any good at soldering or just buy a new key fob and program it.

so what are we looking for if its not fooked? No light at all visable through a camera? Sorry if I've misunderstood

This site is my mechanical bible, Thank-you everyone!!
Posted 17th Jul 2012 at 22:39
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
If its not fooked. There will be no light unless you press the button. Led by the blade should only light up when you press the button but you have to look through a camera. Can't see it by eye only.
Posted 18th Jul 2012 at 17:40
hismastersfinger11

Regular

Post #6
Cheers for clearing it up fella just gotta get some batteries to test it out again but I suspect mines and the other 4 I have are all French duds to be expected ha ha

This site is my mechanical bible, Thank-you everyone!!
Posted 18th Jul 2012 at 17:43
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
hismastersfinger11 wrote:
Niall wrote:
If you can see it lighting up constantly, it's fooked. If it only lights up when you push the button, it's fooked.

so what are we looking for if its not fooked? No light at all visable through a camera? Sorry if I've misunderstood

No wonder he "misunderstood" LOL .

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 21st Jul 2012 at 12:25