displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: keep or not?
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I have long had a bit of a love for the old tsw evo r alloys and years back i sold my 16" set that were et20 (there abouts) and have regreted it ever since.

Now i have been looking for another set for ages and recently won a set on ebay. I messaged the bloke about the offset and he could not find it on the wheels etc but assured me they came off a xsara and before that a 306 and they never needed spacers or rubbed etc.

They got delivered this mornig and the offset is et35, not much of a problem i thought as i will just get some 15-20mm hubcentric spacers but apparently tsw wheels have a center bore of 72mm and the 306 uses 61.5 Dunno

Spoke to a few wheel shops earlier and they said no one makes hubcentric spacers that will fit, so i need spiggot rings to but its been highly reccomended that i dont use spacers and spiggot rings together Dunno

I cant see a problem with it really so my question is, get the spacers sorted and where from or stick them back on ebay and find another set wilth the correct offset???

Oh and for the wheel guru's out there
108 pcd 7j et35 with 205 40 16 tyres.

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 22nd Jun 2012 at 13:53
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
6waysforward wrote:

They got delivered this mornig and the offset is et35, not much of a problem i thought as i will just get some 15-20mm hubcentric spacers but apparently tsw wheels have a center bore of 72mm and the 306 uses 61.5

naah, pug is 65.1.

you need roughly a 10mm spacer with 72mm on the wheel side, and either 72mm the other side and a spigot ring, or a 72-65.1 direct fit spacer, which I don't think exist.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Jun 2012 at 14:18
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #3
Buy some decent wheels Thumbs up

/Thread
Posted 22nd Jun 2012 at 15:20
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Personally for that kind of difference in offset and hub I'd want solid hubcentrics, so you're looking at getting somewhere to make you some up to your specification.

Won't be cheap, might be better just getting the right wheels. Just had a quick Google and someone on eBay will make you a set for £240 which sounds about right, but I would still rather do that than run spigot rings that large, especially with spacers No

Not what you want to hear I'm sure matey, but there's just no point messing about when it comes to your wheels.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 22nd Jun 2012 at 18:01
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Thanks for the reply guys.
I think your right owain, i will get shot of them as its to much messing about.
I will look for another set.

Not seen you on here much owain. Did you get another job sorted??

oh and ash foyc Flip

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 22nd Jun 2012 at 20:07