displaying posts 26 to 50 of 54

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

Author Subject: Light throttle/low revs misfire
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #26
I haven't heard of it myself but I can't actually verify whether this would have been present on any of my engine configurations because I've only had a lightened flywheel since being charged and at this point and every new (more powerful) conversion after that has been bespoke mapped. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 18th Feb 2013 at 22:58
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Lots of places can chip the gti6 ecuYes

Its the old stlye way of doing it though, the ecu needs opening up and a new chip fitting.

They can alter this chip to take into account for mods before fitting, but then if its not spot on the downside is the chip needs to be removed again and put back in the writer to be alteredThumbs down

Pretty sure its only chip wizards that offers to fit a cable to the ecu which they can then adjust the chip without having to remove it from the ecuThumbs up

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 18th Feb 2013 at 23:18
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Great thanks guys, very useful information Thumbs up

I would rather go see chip wizards, unless rich w can send me one much the same, which may be a cheaper easier way ?

Ill PM him.

On a side note, i unplugged the PTS plug and the revs stayed the same for say ten seconds, then they started to go lower and lower till it just cuts out, ECU reset too ??

I thought the TPS being unplugged wont make any difference at all and should work almost as good before unplugging it ??

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 18th Feb 2013 at 23:32
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Pretty sure Rich uses chip wizards converted ECU's.

So prob better off going straight to them,but going by what people on here say it is hard to get in contact with himDunno

Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 09:46
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Ok ill give him a try then see how it goes, will be a while till i can now afford it anyways unless i sell a set of alloys, im addicted to buying them LOL

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 10:01
monty-69

Senior User

Post #31
Mine has the same symptons also but im not convinced its flywheel unless the pickup is machined in the wrong position. It runs fine on idle, just slight misfire at light throttle and over - run. Think its time to measure manifold vacuum down the road, maybe blank off the manifold vacuum take-off. Failing that its a case of checking wiring and swapping bits with miss ladybell Confused
Posted 10th May 2013 at 11:46
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
It's usually either the lambda (disengages at high rpms/high loads), or wear at the start of the throttle pot (which is where they spend most of their time).

Flywheel shouldn't make it miss, there's plenty of acceleration enrichment, and it would be a lot worse just blipping the throttle and low rpms/high throttle opening than when actually accelerating the car

Also, check the coilpacks for any pinholes in the insulation.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 10th May 2013 at 11:54
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Someone that had there car remapped said the injector timing needed adjusting due to the lightened flywheel, this cured there low down misfire.

Posted 10th May 2013 at 12:26
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #34
coskev wrote:
Someone that had there car remapped said the injector timing needed adjusting due to the lightened flywheel, this cured there low down misfire.

That's interesting to know...Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 10th May 2013 at 18:18
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
Well after all the issues with mine all what was wrong was the wrong plugs fittted, ie map and tps on the wrong sensor.

However mine does not have any misfire at all and mine has the lightened flywheel so maybe its something else as many others hasnt had any misfires when fitting one ??

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 10th May 2013 at 18:26
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Well after all the issues with mine all what was wrong was the wrong plugs fittted, ie map and tps on the wrong sensor.

However mine does not have any misfire at all and mine has the lightened flywheel so maybe its something else as many others hasnt had any misfires when fitting one ??

Is yours on the road now then?

Posted 12th May 2013 at 12:06
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Did anybody manage to resolve this fault?
Posted 14th May 2013 at 17:43
monty-69

Senior User

Post #38
Not yet im struggling for time but i will get to the bottom of it. Even if it means going as far as testing all the wires resistance from sensors to ecu. Does anyone have a decat with this problem?
Posted 14th May 2013 at 18:55
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
coskev wrote:
beez_neez_gt wrote:

Is yours on the road now then?

All my work passed its mot no problem or advisers etc but today it just couldnt get an mot due to being a 92 car which is a shame, so waiting till Monday now when ill know if car came with a cat or not when new. Cars passed other years without a cat so will see how it goes. Fook me she is fast though, revs just fly up so quick to what i remember with the old mi it had previously.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 18th May 2013 at 19:12
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
Its ok had trouble with car either being a cat or non cat car and all sorted now so once i pop back ill have an mot pass no adviseries which im proud to have with all the work done to it.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 20th May 2013 at 18:16
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Its ok had trouble with car either being a cat or non cat car and all sorted now so once i pop back ill have an mot pass no adviseries which im proud to have with all the work done to it.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 20th May 2013 at 18:33
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #42

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 20th May 2013 at 18:33
Thomsongti6

Post #43
I have the same problem in about 6th gear 2k rpm 40mph and only slight throttle it misses a bit then picks up also noticed i get a bit of pinking when hard accelerating right uo theought the revs im wondering if its an over fueling problem as some days its ok others its worse, could it possibly be a knock sensor? I only think this as my sensor wiring has been taped up and feels quite flimsy but bot had a minute to get a look at it.
Posted 21st Sep 2015 at 11:52
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
Thomsongti6 wrote:
I have the same problem in about 6th gear 2k rpm 40mph and only slight throttle it misses a bit then picks up also noticed i get a bit of pinking when hard accelerating right uo theought the revs im wondering if its an over fueling problem as some days its ok others its worse, could it possibly be a knock sensor? I only think this as my sensor wiring has been taped up and feels quite flimsy but bot had a minute to get a look at it.

I dont think you have an issue chap i think your just over gearing not enough engine speed to high a gear does it do the same in 5th at that speed

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 21st Sep 2015 at 16:02
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
mocinim wrote:
Thomsongti6 wrote:

I dont think you have an issue chap i think your just over gearing not enough engine speed to high a gear does it do the same in 5th at that speed

No way. A healthy engine will pull away from 20mph with part throttle with no misfiring or issues let alone 40mph.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 21st Sep 2015 at 19:20
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
Fair play have never tried to do this in 6th gear

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 22nd Sep 2015 at 09:34
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
Not in the rallye anyway

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 22nd Sep 2015 at 09:34
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #48
RetroPug wrote:

No way. A healthy engine will pull away from 20mph with part throttle with no misfiring or issues let alone 40mph.

not in 6th LOL:

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Sep 2015 at 10:31
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
It still shouldn't misfire, regardless.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 22nd Sep 2015 at 11:24
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #50
probably not a misfire, just an engine doing the ERMAGHERDYOUCRETINCHANGEGEAR noise.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Sep 2015 at 11:57

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3