displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: P0230 Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Malfunction 306 HDi
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #1
What the hell is going on?
I just replaced my fuel pump because it was knackered. Now I'm getting the fault code P0230, thought it might of been the relay but not different.

Car starts after clearing the fault code, but 5 mins down the road its back again and the engine dies. The lift pump does seem to be running whilst the engine is on, i don't think this should happen. Also the engine stays running after ignition is turned off for about 2 seconds.
Its driving me nuts can any one suggest anything?

Here's a link to a description of the code http://www.obd-codes.com/p0230

Team Diesel
Posted 20th Jun 2012 at 19:01
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
cornish_pug wrote:
The lift pump does seem to be running whilst the engine is on, i don't think this should happen.

oh yes it should, otherwise the engine wouldn't run LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 20th Jun 2012 at 22:31
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
How odd my mate just did a diagnostic test on his Triumph motorbike tonight and got exact same code relating to a fuel pump relay issue. His has been stood for best part of a year and just getting it back together to sell it so thought issue could be to do with not having abattery in it for most of the time.

He cleared his went for a ride and didn't come back, ride about 10 minutes.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 20th Jun 2012 at 22:52
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #4
I've been told it is probably to do with the fuel pressure regulator being bunged up with crap. The engine does seen a little rattlier than normal.

Team Diesel
Posted 20th Jun 2012 at 23:41
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Try cleaning your rail pressure sensor, checking the FPR is clean and secure and if you haven't already fit a new fuel filter.

Then cross your fingers and hope the fuel fault was not actually your HP pump. It will sound rattly because the primary source of p0230 is a fuel pressure fault.

And yes, the lift pump should run when the car runs, otherwise how is diesel supposed to reach the engine bay?

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 21st Jun 2012 at 17:10