displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: HELP! MOT TOMOROW!
02woodm

Junior User

Post #1
My 6 has been stood and run out of test, i decided last week that i want to drive it again as soon as possible so this week i got some new tyres and cyclones straightened. I've booked it in for MOT tomoro morning. When i came to it the battery was flat so had to open drivers door to open bonnet and alarm went off (just lights flashing, no noise) so i changed the battery cos it was a s**t one anyway. Now everytime i open the door, turn it on, lock the door the lights flash (and with it does the airbag light on the dash wish never used to before and it's a standard car. Obviously it isn't going to pass its MOT with the airbag light on or the alarm going off. Even when the engines running its still going off so as your driving down the road the headlights are constantly flashing. I've searched this problem and found threads about it but knowones posted in them if they ever solved it. Someone said press and hold the button near the ignition barrel for 10 seconds but that hasn't worked. I've also tried cleaning the battery terminals and nothing. I need help, thanks in advance!
Posted 1st Jun 2012 at 22:44
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Did you hold the little button on the steering colum with the ignition on but not the ar running ?

Locking and unlocking the car with key fob should dis arm the alarm ?

Posted 1st Jun 2012 at 22:49
02woodm

Junior User

Post #3
only have one key and the fob doesn't work to lock the car. no i didnt have the ignition on, i just unlocked the car, climbed straight in and closed door behind me then tried it
Posted 1st Jun 2012 at 22:51
02woodm

Junior User

Post #4
tried the button with the ignition on and it worked, how stupid of me! and i've wiggled the wires underneath both seats and the airbag light has gone off. Lets just hope it can stay off for a couple of hours tomoro
cheers
Posted 1st Jun 2012 at 23:01