displaying posts 1 to 25 of 111

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last

Author Subject: 1999 red rallye breaking
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I was going to reshell r200pug with a low mileage rallye I have bough with rear end accident damage but after a 6hr 70 mile journey home and nearly loosing the front wheel due to loose wheel bolts and the exhaust being removed and a number of possible other items I have had enough of peugeots for a while so will be breaking the car to recover some of the money I have had to outlay on the car and getting home after the wheels nearly came off at 60mph on the m6 motorway earlier whis afternoon.

engine 69k can be heard running £375 complete less rallye aux set up but with ecu and loom will unlock befiore removal.
69k gearbox £100
rallye auxilary set up £30
front bumper £50 65 with fog blanks
"track day" windy window doors (passenger has a light scratch) 50ea.SOLD
seats complete set. Drivers seat has worn bolster passenger perfectly good~+rears. £75
69k ph2 clocks SOLD
69k rear beam £100
bonnet with 4inch laquer peel £35
hockey sticks £15 pair SOLD
fog blanks £20 SOLD
rallye gti6 fornt brakes 60 the pair with cylinder.
drive shafts £50 pair
air filter set up standard £25
wing mirors £15 ea 25 pair SOLD
off side hub £20
front struts complete £25
front grill £20

body mouldings complete set all mounts intact £20
rallye centre console up drilled original condition 15
ash tray and cubby hole £15 with above £25
airbag ecu £5
phase 2 silver fascia slight marks to stereo surround 2 pieces £15
clocks fascia as new £10
rallye clock full working condition £10
black top rallye gear knob and gaitor no leather on knob £10
carpet in very good order heel pad and left foot rest hardly touched. £25.
Phase 2 parcel shewlf with speakers £10
rallye phase 2 boot roof spoiler bolts through glass. £10
petrol cap blank nearside £10
petrol cap £15

most other parts available so shout if I havent listed but nearside hub as bolt holes are stripped.

All parts will be plus postage or collection or possible drop off as I regular travel to swindon wiltshire london and north wales so please be reasonable

AND A LESSON TO LEARN dont trust anyone's word when it comes to accident damaged cars. pick them up on a trialer and save yourself a fortune in recovery fees, save other road users lives and your own becuse I nearly lost mine today when the wheel departed when over taking a lorry on the motorway.never again.

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 31st May 2012 at 00:11
wilyoldave

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Fook sounds like you were bloody lucky Andy! Glad you got home alright.

Drivers side wing mirror £15 delivered?

Cheers Dave.

No more peugeots Sad

Snap - no more RS clioSad

Now Ph1 RS clio Smile
Posted 31st May 2012 at 00:18
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
wilyoldave wrote:
Fook sounds like you were bloody lucky Andy! Glad you got home alright.

Drivers side wing mirror £15 picked up with that lovely set of speedlines I would sell my mrs for... Thumbs up ?

Cheers Dave.

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 31st May 2012 at 00:20
wilyoldave

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Im working on it!

No more peugeots Sad

Snap - no more RS clioSad

Now Ph1 RS clio Smile
Posted 31st May 2012 at 00:23
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
70 mph and a god almighty bang and somehow I got to the hard shoulder with 1 wheel bolt still in and by in I mean in the hub by 2mm....!!!Somebidy was looking over me today.... and I dont beleive in that ... the truck i had just overtaken hit his horn hoping i would ge tout of his way and luckily I did becuase he couldnt have stopped....cant beleive the whell stayed on leaning on the brake caliper...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 31st May 2012 at 00:30
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Fecking hell mate!!!! Thought the exhaust was coming with it? Hope you got a substantial discount!!
What was the cause??
I'd be interested in the rear seats if you would split and the passenger door if it's in vgc
Did want the bonnet but not if it's that bad
What condition are the side skirts in? Take it one is fooked?

Edit, just seen the above pics, very lucky mate!!

Cherry rallye - DOB Thursday 29/04/1999
Team Rallye - the leaner, meaner, better looking sister of the GTI6 Big grin
roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 31st May 2012 at 00:33
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
yes I thought the exhaust was coming with it toooo never trust innocent "i didnt know" women...!! she took the exhaust and looks to have tried to take the wheels but forgot to tighten the wheel nuts, battery is flat as fook...

the bits you want.

yes rear seats £15 from a different set very good condition.
door has a hairline key scratch (jealous ex apparantley) the whole length of the passenger side. so £20 complete less door card.
bonnet will put pic up but there is a 4 inch laquer peal off it.

I didnt negotiate a substantial one due to the trian home would have cost me 80 squid so I was trapped.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 31st May 2012 at 00:40
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
I'll defo take the seats
Could you send a picture of the scratch on the door? Is it faded?
I'll pass on the bonnet, I've got one at the bodyshop now getting sprayed

If the air filter setup is in good order I'll take that as well

Cherry rallye - DOB Thursday 29/04/1999
Team Rallye - the leaner, meaner, better looking sister of the GTI6 Big grin
roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 31st May 2012 at 00:50
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Will get pictures of all items today and update this eve. Will reply to all pms at same time.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 31st May 2012 at 11:08
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Very lucky Andy!Shock

What condition is the indicator/light stalk in?(still got the picture of the horn in white on itWink)
Also ignition/steering cowling,complete with all tabs and not cracked/damaged?Thumbs up

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 31st May 2012 at 12:09
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
was very lucky Kev.... think i have added a few thousand white hairs to my head nevermind the greys!!! never again will I be so fricking trusting or stupid!!! will check this afternoon kev on the parts you want and you can still have those cam covers for 30 to you.. the head sold and recuperated my loss so they are cheap again, to you.will be heading your way week tomorrow.

indicator 10 (when checked it still has horn on it...) and ignition cowelling which I think I have 3 or 4 so will ensure they are uncracked. £15.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 31st May 2012 at 12:20
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #12
Do you have a phase 3 parcel shelf for sale? Whistle
Posted 31st May 2012 at 14:32
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
i might have a stealth shelf that was once yours???? amd what would you possibly need with any 306 bits....

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 31st May 2012 at 14:39
306rallyestokie

Post #14
Andy, I am glad you arrived home safe and unscathed, the incidents you have described are regrettable, however I am somewhat upset by the accusations you have not only made but you made them publically.

I was open and honest from the off with regards to my car being a right-off and describing the damage. I accept that the exhaust was a genuine oversight on my part but in my defence I accepted that I was possibly in the wrong and agreed to lower the selling price to £600 as per YOUR request.

With regards to the wheels, please cast your mind back to my text and subsequent telephone call to you where I asked if you minded if I swapped the alloys for a set of steelies which I would go and buy (and therefore hadn’t already got) – your response was that you had a set of alloys waiting for the tyres (which are brand new at £85 each) and if I was going to take them off you would want a reduction in price. I weighed this up and decided that the financial and time implications of doing this just didn’t seem to be worth the hassle and therefore the idea was forgotten. So, with this in mind please explain to me why I would need to undo/remove the wheels??? If, and I say this loosely, the wheel nuts were loose then they were loose when I drove the car home from the accident repair centre – which will make me the lucky one as nothing happened to me!

As far as the condition of the vehicle goes, may I remind you that not only did you buy a second hand car but you bought a second hand car that has been written off as un-repairable!! You implied that you knew a thing or two about cars which lead me to believe that you deciding to drive a damaged vehicle 70 miles without even test driving it beforehand was a good idea. You had ample opportunity to thoroughly check the car to ensure you were happy before any money changed hands, and given that you did hand over money and signed a document saying you were happy to drive it away, I fail to see how this is you being ‘done over’. In fact, looking at your list of items for sale you will be making a tidy little profit out of a car that you were going to strip and use the parts on your own car – looks like I may have been the one done over ;-)

However, what’s done is done and hindsight is a wonderful thing - as you said, maybe lessons can be learnt and written off cars should only be towed as unforeseen things can happen. I wish you well in your travels to Australia.
Posted 31st May 2012 at 14:56
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
andy yhpm

Posted 31st May 2012 at 15:02
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #16
306rallyestokie wrote:
If, and I say this loosely, the wheel nuts were loose then they were loose when I drove the car home from the accident repair centre

Please tell me that was intentional LOL

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 31st May 2012 at 15:14
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #17
    :popcorn smiley
    Posted 31st May 2012 at 15:28
    yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
    for the record I checked the rear chassis to see if the rear beam was affected. nope. it was mot eed and taxed (just) and was in full low mileage road worthy condition other than the tap up the back. It was blowing like a bangkok hooker and for the record I offered £650 for it COMPLETE!!! as it was with mats a jack and wheel brace ( which were missing and left me in the lurch and also a legal requirement which I failed to fulfill as your covered) and a number of other possibles. I now have to strip it, a days work plus the recovery without the actual recovery,(£349 due to the best of the highways agency recovery "AGENTS" dick Turpins more like.) a battery back and tools I bought at roadside to try and fix it. My reason for stripping as after 6 hrs on a motorway hard shoulder without water (food no food!!) in a t shirt on the hard shoulder in the rain and not even a wheel brace in the car or stereo I dont want anything to do with it and after reflecting on missing a HGV at 60mph by feet or .3 of a metre, I am not a happy punter. I am grateful to have my life still. Somebody took the wheels off recently as all of the fronts were loose and was lucky that the other side didnt depart too and I wouldnt have been here but you would have been covered as you had told me it was cat c. You hadnt told me you had taken the exhaust off it and superglued a pile of s**t rusty standard system off it. You have named yourself not me, some others may have worked it out but it didnt matter. I blew it off my chest you sold me a cat c that was apparantly a minter before the accident. It was my gaff becuase I should have told you to stuff it where the sun dont shine but as discussed 3 hrs and 80 quid to get home on the train for nothing wasnt appealing. Little did I know... I would take the train option 100 percent if offered it now. And I wanted to highlight My stupidity at even entertaining the idea of driving it back to stop what NEARLY happened to me happening to others who might consider it in the future...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
    Posted 31st May 2012 at 15:36
    gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
    It's a drivers responsibility to make sure his car is roadworthy before a journey. Don't blame anyone else for all this.
    Posted 31st May 2012 at 17:07
    yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
    100 percent agree.... hence advised others never to do what I did....doesnt cover my greiviances with the party I bought it form though. And as you know nothing about it stay out of it.

yippeekayay wrote:
    never again will I be so fricking trusting or stupid!!!

yippeekayay wrote:
    And I wanted to highlight My stupidity at even entertaining the idea of driving it back to stop what NEARLY happened to me happening to others who might consider it in the future...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
    Posted 31st May 2012 at 18:16
    maddriver9

Regular

Post #21
    Bad luck andy that bird was taking the p**s, it was blowing its balls off and looked a mess when I seen u last night. Lucky you didn't lose that wheel mate

178bhp 205gti6
    ¼ mile in 14.2
    Posted 31st May 2012 at 18:34
    simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
    Once bitten and all that... at least your ok though mate thats the main thing, i had the same happen to me (same wheels as well) with my white 1 it wasn't till a week or so after i found out that it was actually a neighbour that had loosened the wheel bolts, my next door neighbour asked me 1 night what was ***** doing with your wheel last week.......... i then asked what she saw , she wouldn't make a statement to police

All South Wales Members Click Here
    Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
    MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 31st May 2012 at 18:44
    yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
    I do want to underline, I ranted last night at my own stupidity.... I will not be doing it again. It was an extra that items were misisng and the overall road worthyness of the car and the fact I paid good working order money by my choice for the car as I was going to reshell my black gti6.

I do also accept that I am responsible for the road worthyness fo the car as gilesy kindly pointed out and most of the rant was aimed at myself for doing it.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
    Posted 31st May 2012 at 19:10
    gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
    Just saying chap, that's all. Glad you are in one piece and all that
    Posted 31st May 2012 at 20:08
    coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
    yippeekayay wrote:
    was very lucky Kev.... think i have added a few thousand white hairs to my head nevermind the greys!!! never again will I be so fricking trusting or stupid!!! will check this afternoon kev on the parts you want and you can still have those cam covers for 30 to you.. the head sold and recuperated my loss so they are cheap again, to you.will be heading your way week tomorrow.

indicator 10 (when checked it still has horn on it...) and ignition cowelling which I think I have 3 or 4 so will ensure they are uncracked. £15.

Ok let me know cheeersThumbs up

Is there a oil cap with the cam covers?Big grin

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
    Posted 31st May 2012 at 22:29

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last