displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Road Trip with pics
daicarvideoguy

Post #1
So myself and a group of mates went on our annual spring drive, recently.
Started in Oxfordshire Friday morning and made our way over to mid wales, Came back Sunday.

The 6 was the oldest car in the group and cost the least appart from the bike.

A journalist friend had blagged a run out Clio RS200 Raider for the trip, which was very close in performance to the 6. they were very evenly matched when giving it the lot in 2nd gear.
It had better body control, but as the suspension was rock hard, it rode shocking where as the 6 handled the bumps very nicely but was on its door handles through the bends in comparison.

The Mondeo had been remapped so had 360 torques so pulled away out of corners but need to change up at 4000rpms

What can you say about the Spyder its pure class and awesome and the Golf is a Ed 30 so rather quick too.

at the start

Just outside of Newtown end of day 1

Elan Vally car park

We were parked up at our hotel in Bala enjoying a pint when some bigger boys arrived with their noisy red cars

They were impressed with the Sypder but none of the other cars in our group.
I reckon we were having more fun and driving our cars closer to the limits then they were though.

Xbox Live: DaicarvideoGuy, Forza 4
Posted 23rd May 2012 at 22:38
footah212

Senior User

Post #2
Looks like a fun driveThumbs up

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 23rd May 2012 at 22:52
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Me and a few off here have previously done a couple of Welsh trips great fun aswell as trips by myself. Check vids of A4212 out in my sig love this road out of Bala. But tbh I've just been to Spain and it kicks the arse out of this country. Miles upon miles of fun roads as appose to a few miles here we get, also f**k all on their roads to and in great condition.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 23rd May 2012 at 22:54
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Very nice pics and a bunch of good looking cars there mate Thumbs up
Posted 23rd May 2012 at 23:05
daicarvideoguy

Post #5
thugpuggin wrote:
Me and a few off here have previously done a couple of Welsh trips great fun aswell as trips by myself. Check vids of A4212 out in my sig love this road out of Bala. But tbh I've just been to Spain and it kicks the arse out of this country. Miles upon miles of fun roads as appose to a few miles here we get, also f**k all on their roads to and in great condition.

The A4212 is a great road. love the long corner at the top of the Reservior, I usually turn right onto the B4391 towards Ffestiniog which is another great stretch of Tarmac and other than sheep the only think to worry about are the snappers driving on the wrong side, shooting cars for the likes of Evo, Car or Autocar Smile

How does the Law take to cars be driven enthusiastically in Spain?

Xbox Live: DaicarvideoGuy, Forza 4
Posted 24th May 2012 at 09:26
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
your OS tyre looks a little flat, must cost a fair bit in fuel lol.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 24th May 2012 at 11:28
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
daicarvideoguy wrote:
How does the Law take to cars be driven enthusiastically in Spain?

What law? The only place we saw them was in 2 villages 50km/h limit. Some of these villages have 2 houses but the still slow you down. I got stopped at both, first doing about 100km/h as I hadn't noticed the sign, whoops.

Conversation was interesting and in English.

"Can I see your driving licence?" I reach to get it from wallet under the seat. When about to open it to get licence out he suddendly says "Are you with the English motorbikes?", "Yes" I reply. "OK best let you catch up with them" So to top it off I thanked him in French and drove off.

You pass Guardia Civil's but fortunately never at silly speeds, not sure if they'd be arsed to try and catch up. The main gripe people seem to have over speed is breaking white lines to overtake which I don't do anyway.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 24th May 2012 at 11:43