displaying posts 1 to 19 of 19

Author Subject: Central locking control box
Ashman

Junior User

Post #1
Could someone point me to where the central locking control box is please. I have followed the FAQ for this and looked under the front carpet as it's a Phase 3 but couldn't find anything. All I can Find is 2 "Autoliv" boxes, obe on each side which I assume are something to do with the seatbelts or airbags.
And also, is the immobiliser built into this box too? Or is that separate. Don't really want to mess with that jncase I cock it up. Thanks.
Posted 9th May 2012 at 09:12
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #2
Under the centre console isn't it? Above the lower console gearstick housing/ash tray bit.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 9th May 2012 at 09:19
    Ashman

Junior User

Post #3
    Ah it's that one. Much appreciated. Although that does also say autoliv IIRC. But I'll try that. And do you know if the immobiliser is built in to that?
    Posted 9th May 2012 at 09:44
    prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
    On mine the immobiliser lives at the bottom of the dash, you need to remove the centre console to get to it. It's attached to a removable door at the bottom of the centre of the dash.

The airbag ecu on mine was infront of the gearstick mounted to the tunnel, it has orange wires/connectors.

My central locking ecu was either inside the offside rear quarter area behind the door card, or under the rear offside seat somewhere.

Mine are phase 2 and 2.5 so may be different for phase 3's. Smile

Goldie the track car.
    Posted 11th May 2012 at 17:13
    Ashman

Junior User

Post #5
    Ok thanks or that. I'll have a look around the car for it then. At least I know they are all separate boxes
    Posted 11th May 2012 at 22:38
    prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
    I think, but don't quote me on this, that the central locking ecu has two connectors going to it.
    If you want me to have a search for mine i can get a picture for you if you want?

I've got a spare one somewhere if you need a working one, yours for the cost of postage. Smile

Goldie the track car.
    Posted 12th May 2012 at 06:25
    Ashman

Junior User

Post #7
    Very kind of you but I'm using the one of the car I'm breaking. I will be using the key from that too so hopefully this means just re-synching it rather than having to get an auto electrician to completely reprogramme the key, as I have no idea what this costs or if I have the code for him to put on it etc. And this is all going by what I've been told I would need to do to get it to work to mine and I'm completely clueless to be honest with you and I could just be talking out me arse.
    But if you could get a picture then that's great.
    Posted 12th May 2012 at 07:24
    prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #8

Think thats the one.

Goldie the track car.
    Posted 12th May 2012 at 14:06
    Rich E Forum Admin

Post #9
    That's a phase 2 unit.

The phase 3 has the alarm, immobiliser and central locking combined into a single unit which is in the bottom of the dash under the clock, held in by 3 Torx head screws through the bottom of the dashboard.

If you want to lift this out and put it into another car you will need to move the ECU across to the new car too, as they are paired.

Rich
    Posted 12th May 2012 at 14:12
    Ashman

Junior User

Post #10
    Ok well looks like that is what I'll be doing tomorrow then. And if somehow that fails I'll just put everthing back how it should be.
    Posted 18th May 2012 at 01:40
    Ashman

Junior User

Post #11
    Right, couldn't move the ECU across too so I have decided to just move the box across but not plug in the Immobiliser. Obviosly I will have to do it with the correct immobiliser box in whilst the car is running, right?
    And finally which of the two plugs is the immobiliser?
    Posted 20th May 2012 at 10:17
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #12
    Why can you not move the engine ECU across? Dunno

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 21st May 2012 at 09:16
    Ashman

Junior User

Post #13
    Because on the car I'm breaking the plug on the top is a different size. And the wiring plug has been chopped and fitted with the one that fits it. I'll get a picture for it next time I'm up at the unit
    Posted 21st May 2012 at 10:12
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #14
    As far as I know, all phases of the GTi-6 had the same ECU fitment, so the car you are trying to swap the bits too sounds like it's had a right hash job done on it. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 21st May 2012 at 11:45
    Ashman

Junior User

Post #15
    That's what I though but this one is different. It's clearly been tampered with at some point. And yes very much a bodge job by the looks of it
    Posted 21st May 2012 at 14:25
    Ashman

Junior User

Post #16
    I have decided to cut the pins on my ECU so I can use the immobilisor/central locking and alarm box of another car. Is there an FAQ on this? Just had a look through but couldn't find anything, although I do remember seeing something about this on a thread not so long ago but I can't find this one either.
    All I need to know really is how to get into the ECU (presuming you have to) to cut the pins and also which ones it is I need to cut?
    Posted 22nd May 2012 at 23:34
    prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
    http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=132770&page=1

That any use?

Goldie the track car.
    Posted 23rd May 2012 at 07:03
    Ashman

Junior User

Post #18
    That's the one pal, thanks. Any better pictures around of the pins that need cutting? I can probably do it from that but would be pretty awkward. I could always just disconnect the immoboliser whilst it's running but as on mine it's all built in together with the alarm etc which one is it I need to disconnect? Theres a big plug with numbers on it and a small yellow one
    Posted 23rd May 2012 at 09:44
    prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
    I think you just need to disconnect the little transponder with the engine on (or ignition on). The transponder sits around the ignition barrel, it's like a plastic ring with a small connector on it.

I've not seen any other pics of a cut ECU, i think i once saw a wiring diagram for the ecu but can't find that at the moment. If i come across it i'll stick the link up in here.

Goldie the track car.
    Posted 23rd May 2012 at 18:51