displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: 307 challengers
30ASTOR6

Regular

Post #1
ok have just swapped some wheels off my diablo, which i will put cyclones on for now and just got a set of 307 alloys like 180's to go onto astor which isn.t lowered! and will be resprayed grey!

i think this one needs a new tyre tho!!

need to know if they will fit straight on?
they are 205/50 17's but will be putting 40's on them
correct me if i am wrong, 6.5 by 17's and ET31
180's are 7 by 17's and ET28

TEAM ASTOR GTi 6

SNAP-ON SUBARU

SOON NOT TO BE TEAM DIABLO MEREDIAN (for sale)
Posted 7th May 2012 at 22:21
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
They wont fit straight on! WIth spacers they should.

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 8th May 2012 at 12:54
30ASTOR6

Regular

Post #3
10 mm should do it? and just rear spacers or front too

TEAM ASTOR GTi 6

SNAP-ON SUBARU

Posted 8th May 2012 at 17:19
bongo dts

Senior User

Post #4
You should be able to get away with just the rears however the wheels may look odd being slightly more set back than original. I did have some on my old car with 3mm spacers on the rear and no arch liners but looked weird to be honest and much prefered it with 10mm spacers fitted.
Posted 8th May 2012 at 17:51
30ASTOR6

Regular

Post #5
bongo dts wrote:
You should be able to get away with just the rears however the wheels may look odd being slightly more set back than original. I did have some on my old car with 3mm spacers on the rear and no arch liners but looked weird to be honest and much prefered it with 10mm spacers fitted.

cheers mate was actualy hoping you would look at post because i was reading a comment you did on another post! very helpfull go for 10mm on rear then mabey front! got any piks did they look good i just dont like cyclones! Big grin

TEAM ASTOR GTi 6

SNAP-ON SUBARU

Posted 8th May 2012 at 20:44
bongo dts

Senior User

Post #6
No worries, 10mm on the back would be a must really but personal preference about the front as I never had any issues without them on the front.

There should be some pics on old challenger or gti 180 votex threads as they are pretty much the same. I thought they looked really good but you really can feel the extra weight with them compared to 15s so ended up going back to smaller wheels and I had an addiction to wheels so fancied a change again!!
Posted 9th May 2012 at 13:19
30ASTOR6

Regular

Post #7
quote:
There should be some pics on old challenger or gti 180 votex threads as they are pretty much the same. I thought they looked really good but you really can feel the extra weight with them compared to 15s so ended up going back to smaller wheels and I had an addiction to wheels so fancied a change again!!

ohh mint!! i will buy a new set of TD pro race 2's in grey! when i got the dollar! next year! i spent over 2 grand buying her and dooing it up went a bit mad to start off with so no td's this year but i just not keen on cyclones so these will do!

TEAM ASTOR GTi 6

SNAP-ON SUBARU

Posted 9th May 2012 at 21:27