displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Raspberry GTi6 Project - Pic Heavy!
Lowercase

Regular

Post #1
Hi Guys!

Thought I'd finally get myself signed up properly here and start a thread for my 6. So..

Chapter 1:

Got the car just over a month or so ago from Chris (BigBadBowen). Real friendly guy and a great little car. I was lucky to have a nice sunny drive home to get to know the car a bit better.

That week i had a polish frenzy on the paint with some renovator, SRP and some Poor Boys Wax. I Also removed the tatty vinyl on the A pillar and polished it up. And then got busy with the Glym on the interior. The Car came up really well im pleased to say, and doesnt look quite as pink in the tin as it does in the pictures - but as no one believes me, I've nicknamed it the Raspberry. It has a few tatty bits and dings that I'll address in due time, but it's a start. Thumbs up

Chapter 2:

I'd planned to keep the car as it was as I need to focus on getting my 205 GTi finished, but unfortunately I found myself in an occupation with a lot of bad influences... So, before I decided to do anything I wanted to make sure the car was solid and worth the time and effort of taking it any further. So I ordered up a six pack of u-pol Stonechip and After a long weekend at the workshop wire wheeling off the crap and rust treating and blasting with the airline and spray-gun I ended up with this.

I didn't even manage to use 2 full cans of the stone chip despite giving liberal coats, so, recommended stuff!

The less said about the spare wheel the better - it was rotten and I could get my hand in the tyre. So, I binned it and the rotten frame.

I couldn't bare to put the manky heat shield back on the way it was though and after another going over with the wire wheel and some VHT Paint I ended up with this:

Future Plans:
Source and fit a cat back system.
Colour Code side strips and Spray any remaining black plastics in Gloss Black.
Source Ph3 Crystal Headlights + clear side repeaters
Source some more cyclones/TD 1.2's/3's/Turinis and refurb in dark grey.

I also have a pair of recaro seats laying around that might find their way into the 6 once I get my arse in gear and finish retriming them, as my drivers seat is fighting a loosing battle.

Updates to come Smile

Chapter 3:

Some resent purchases have arrived in the form of an OMP wheel i bought - hoping it will improve driving position and cure the vile syndrome of having long legs and short arms. so i'll hopefully fit it soon. it might not be deep enough but its worth a try. Smile

I also decided to start pulling bits of plastic off and start spraying them gloss black. Taken me most the day to rub down the textured plastic on the wing mirrors.

And last but not least, Magnex! Cat Back system from PinkFloyd. Needs a bit of tweaking but i'll wait till after the weekend and stick it on the ramp at work. sounds lurvly though Smile

time now must be spent on getting my 205 rubbed down and painted and back into a drivable condition. so this will be my last proper update for a while i suspect, enjoy Smile

Chapter 3.5:

Being naughty and making the most of my weekend off to finish painting up my plastics. Just got to flat them with some 2500 grit and then buff and polish them for a glass-like finish Smile no more nasty grey faded plastics.

1992 205 Rallye - S2 Rallye Engine
Posted 24th Apr 2012 at 22:09
Stuwee

Senior User

Post #2
Looking good. Doing the same thing with my cossack 6 at the moment.

Dirty and dusty job painting the floor but well worth doingThumbs up

Ph1 Cossack 6

Posted 24th Apr 2012 at 23:33
Gti6rooty

Junior User

Post #3
looking well mate inside looks in great condition

cant be a diablo

mine looks pink in pictures but not in real life they have a great shine

Snap off,because it's french
Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 07:12
30ASTOR6

Regular

Post #4
hi good stuff! would replace pillar vinyls i got sum off pug for my astor about 40 Quid i think!

TEAM ASTOR GTi 6

SNAP-ON SUBARU

SOON NOT TO BE TEAM DIABLO MEREDIAN (for sale)
Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 07:25
Lowercase

Regular

Post #5
yea, i want to get some vinyl back on there, but ive got some peeling laquer to deal with first above the pillar. That and i cant justify £40 for a sticker yet!

once i've painted my 205 i may give the 6 a quick refresh too, but all cosmetic stuff will come later. would like to rebuild and refresh the front suspension a bit first and get the rear beam off over a long weekend and tidy that up/replace any bushes.

Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 07:38
Lowercase

Regular

Post #6
update - Chapter 3: 05/05/12 Smile

Posted 5th May 2012 at 18:21
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Raspberry = nipple red...