displaying posts 26 to 27 of 27

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: amp to speakers
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
chris1987 wrote:

Yes off course I use a test light as it was the simplest way to charge the capacitor tho I have herd of ppl using a Resistor. All I had to do was with the power and ground of the test light stick them in-line where your fuse used to be.wile Hold the test light in place of the fuse until the light bulb turns off meaning the voltage went from 12V to 0V and the capacitor is charged.
On the vibe site :The built in digital voltage display constantly and accurately displays the systems DC voltage. A power distribution block is built into the top of the capacitor to allow easy wiring into the system amplifiers may be wired directly to the capacitors distribution block. As I'm not that gd at explaing tho it might help what iv bin on a about. Smile

Test light is the easiest way indeed, resistor would also be a possibility yeah.

I can't fault you for doing as they say, but I would NEVER use it that way.
It's like they have no idea what its meant to be used for, I don't like vibe-stuff anyhow.

Funfact about the voltage display, the cap I'm going to use had this, but I removed it for several reasons.
As for not having any use and it's actually another part that draws current and sits in between the electrical system, didn't like that so gone with it Big grin

I understand what you mean, and it probably won't do any (or much) harm, but i sincerely doubt that it has any advantage. The fact that your amps don't have separate appropriate fuses worries me more...
The cap provides no extra safety at all, on the contrary, you should see one that gets short circuited LOL
fiiirewooorrrkkksss Devil

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Astor 306 Francorchamps RIP
Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 20th Apr 2012 at 23:45
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
barnettjd77 wrote:
They look fine to me, as for the description dragoon, well yeah Ain't got a bloody clue LOL info would be good what channel are they?

the 2.6x is a simple 2-channel, it gives about 55watts on each channel, perfect for a simple component set up front.

the 4.6x is about the same, it's actually 2x 2.6x in one case

both amps accept both rca or/and high lvl inputs

I'd just go for a 2.6x, just to keep it simple Smile
It's smaller and lighter (weight-wise) too.
(as with the 4.6x, you'll need 2 extra rca's instead of one and thicker wiring since it will obviously draw more current)

I'd have to look into prices for postage, depending on which you'd want.

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Astor 306 Francorchamps RIP
Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 21st Apr 2012 at 00:01

Pages (2): 1 [2]