displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: Which cable to run a 'Push' clutch.
devere

Senior User

Post #1
Im hoping this week i shall be putting my new box in.

Im going to be running a different clutch though and using a push clutch, instead of the standard type pull clutch.

Can anyone tell me what clutch cable i should be using? For some reason i seem to remember that the standard one wont work...?

Also, is there anything else i would need apart from the different cable? Im not sure if the box comes with a new top arm or not, so if not, will i need to look out for a different arm too?
Posted 15th Apr 2012 at 21:00
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
non turbo diseasel / XU7 / XU10J2 Smile I think a 205 BE3 cable will do the job too.

motaquip part numbers VVC 365 for a 306, or I think a late ZX cable will do as well, VVC411.

VVC 367 is the 205 BE3 cable.

the clutch fork and the arm are different, and depending which car the box came from possibly the linkage arm on the top of the box too.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th Apr 2012 at 21:29
devere

Senior User

Post #3
Right, the box should in theory have the correct clutch fork to accept the release bearing for the push clutch.

Any idea which part for the top arm to connect the cable to? Will that just be the part to match the cable? So for example a 205 BE3 cable, would take the 205 BE3 arm? Or is that just the same as the 6 arm anyway?
Posted 15th Apr 2012 at 21:52
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
the 6 top arm is for the pull clutch, the 205 arm would work, or any push arm form a 306 etc.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th Apr 2012 at 21:56
devere

Senior User

Post #5
RIght, Just a little extra bit of info needed on this one.

Am i right in thinking that part no. VVC367 for the 205 BE3 is a manual adjustment cable? With the thread and nut on the end etc.?

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 18:15
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
yup, all 205 cables have a 13mm nut and 10mm locknut.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 18:25
devere

Senior User

Post #7
Lovely job. Now im just kicking myself a good un over why i didnt decide to get the 205 cable in the first place! Grrr.
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 19:04
devere

Senior User

Post #8
If going by the picture on this being correct...

http://www.auto-essentials.co.uk/ecomm/catalog/motaquip-clutch-cable-part-number-vvc367-p-2235.html

Then what else would i need to get with the cable to fit it? Looks like its going to need a couple of mounting points for the cable to go onto the box and onto the arm etc... Or does it come with the correct bushes, or whatever you call them to fit straight onto everything..?
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 19:07
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #9
LOL that picture is almost totally wrong !

you wont need any other parts other than the standard Push clutch arm and shaft.

This is a late ZX or 306 n-a diesel or 8 valve XU10 and 1.9 8valve cable, they're about 10mm longer.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 19:32
devere

Senior User

Post #10
Right, ive got the box in, and it came with all the right arms and stuff etc, was just trying to route the cable, which was VVC365 and it does bloody fit. The distance between the arm and where the cable fits onto the box isnt enough, and the auto adjuster wont let it go quite far enough.

So looks like VVC367 is next one to get for tomorrow!
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:08
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #11
progress feels good dunnit Big grin

when you out next? I should be out with Garry at the ORC canal, car is running great now Big grin

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:16
devere

Senior User

Post #12
Ah cool, il see you there then. Hopefully with my car! If this gearbox takes much longer then it will be touch and go! Took 7 weeks for it to turn up, now its finding the time to get it all sorted!

Then there is the getting an MOT and getting a windscreen fitted and getting the new brakes fitted and bled. There just arent enough days remaining!
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:20
jorg

Senior User

Post #13
Just ordered the VVC367 clutch cable thanks to both of you Thumbs up My refurbed box with TranX diff is set up for a push clutch so I haven't got to mess about searching for the right cable now Big grin Not as flashy as your box mind but it will do.

If you want to save some time Martin you could always send those brakes in my direction Whistle

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:50
devere

Senior User

Post #14
Haha, i dont know about thay Geoff! lol. Il try and find time for them somewhere along the line!

I just need to hope the local parts place will take my current cable back and have the other one in stock! I was hoping to have this running this weekend, as i need to see if i can drive it! But there we go, im beginning to wonder if 'flashy' was the right way forward! lol
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 21:02