displaying posts 1 to 25 of 38

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: 1999 306 RALLYE 2.0l 16v
tommy_306

Regular

Post #1
Unfortunately the time has come for me to sell my car. Ive always wanted a cherry rallye and finally got one in Jan this year. But due to my current circumstances ive got to sell it.

Its a '99 Cherry Rallye, with 113,700 on the clock. Over the last couple of months ive done a few jobs to the car just to make it a little bit nicer.

Firstly, i have removed the standard dials and replaced them with some brand new phase 3 ones. Being brand new they had '0' miles on them. The old clocks were showing 113,600 ish iirc, and the new ones now show around 70. The old dials will be included in the sale aswell.

I also removed all the seats, grey plastics and carpets to give the whole car a damn good clean. I then re-installed everything but replaced the grey plastics and headlining with black items, making the whole interior a nicer place to be. Ive replcaed the center dash panel with a plain black one, but it has the holes for the air-con, which the rallye doesnt have.

I have fitted an omp replica steering wheel with a genuine OMP boss. I also fitted a white nylon gearknob as the original had fallen apart along with a brand new leather gear gaitor.
The old crappy headlights have been removed and replaced with a set of black masks lifting the front end. I also replaced the wiper blades and fitted a very good second hand wiper motor. Brand new, genuine spark plugs were fitted around 30 miles ago.

Now for the bad points.

There is a crack in the front bumper on the lower lip,
there is a mark on the rear bumper where the previous owner has reversed into a post or something,
there is some laquer peel on the fuel filler cap, and a little on the roof,
the roof and top half of the car has faded slightly,
The car also smokes slightly on start up, but ive been told it could be due to a faulty sensor casuing slight overfueling. This was semi confirmed when i replaced the spark plugs as they were showing running rich.

The car will come with a standard replacement cat as there is a homemade de-cat on atm, Baker BM GrpN engine mounts, PTFE inlet gasket, throttle body gasket, new oil and fuel filters, new hockey sticks and a K&N induction kit, a full replacement sticker set excluding the bonnet one which has been applied, spare crank sensor and fuel relay.

The car is located in Manchester. Im looking for a quick sale so will be open to offers !! £1450ono

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 13:46
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Seen this on Pistonheads, a lovely example! GLWTs!

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 13:59
tommy_306

Regular

Post #3
Cheers mate. Just about to update the pics on pistonheads as they are old pics now !!!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 14:57
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
And on ebay...sorry that you have to sell. Especially with the upgrades you had for it...but put yr price back up your killing the prices. Jimmy rallye is looking for a cheap rallye and yrs is about the cheapest they should ever be. Ps glwts Thumbs up

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 15:42
tommy_306

Regular

Post #5
I know I could probably get more of I waited a while, but I could do with selling sooner rather than later!

But of a shame I have to sell, but needs must and all that!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 18:23
t3ora

Regular

Post #6
good look with the sale

quick question were did you get the gear knob from

Road/track car coming together slowly
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 18:54
tommy_306

Regular

Post #7
I got it from eBay mate. Just search for nylon gearknob.

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 18:58
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Looks a clean one would be interastec just put off with smokey start up glwts Wink

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 19:09
tommy_306

Regular

Post #9
I know. I think I was duped a bit when I bought it! But when it was getting driven every day it seemed fine. I've really only noticed the smokeyness recently as its been sat for a while. It's probably only done 70 miles in the last 2 months!

Cheers though! Tom.

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 19:27
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Sounds like it needs a lambda clean or a good clear out. The crap weather we have had has probably condensed in the exhaust. Get it warmed up for half an hour or get someone to give it a run if you cant with yr back?

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 19:33
tommy_306

Regular

Post #11
Yeah I think it needs a really good run out to clear it out! Might give it a try next week if I'm feeling up to it! If not I'll try and get my bro to do it! Can only give it a try!

Btw, I forgot to mention I changed the sensor but haven't had a chance to test it out yet!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 19:56
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Shame your selling it Sad looks a nice one

Would you be interested in selling the masks separately with my standard ones part ex?

Cherry rallye - DOB Thursday 29/04/1999
Team Rallye - the leaner, meaner, better looking sister of the GTI6 Big grin
roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 21:01
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
tommy_306 wrote:
Yeah I think it needs a really good run out to clear it out! Might give it a try next week if I'm feeling up to it! If not I'll try and get my bro to do it! Can only give it a try!

Btw, I forgot to mention I changed the sensor but haven't had a chance to test it out yet!

Bring it round mine and I will give it a good clear out Thumbs up

On a more serious note, shame you are selling up Sad

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 21:11
tommy_306

Regular

Post #14
No sorry mate. Im not alowed to work on it atm due to my back. Plus I'd rather sell as is, as its a better buy for someone!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 21:12
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
Have a free bump, saw this yesterday and looks nice
Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 12:52
tommy_306

Regular

Post #16
Ive been out and given the car a good drive. When I was out I stopped off at my mates for a couple of hours, and when I restarted the car there was no smoke. I gave it a good driving on the way home so I'll wait till tomorrow for a proper cold start before I come to any conclusions! Big grin

If it is sorted, then the price will be going up, and that's a deffinate!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 22:40
tommy_306

Regular

Post #17
It still smokes on start up! It must just be a bit of oil seeping into he bores slowly! If it doesn't sell in the next couple of weeks, I'll strip it down, rebuild it, then sell it for a price that it's actually worth!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 15th Apr 2012 at 10:19
tommy_306

Regular

Post #18
£1350 as is, or £1200 without the extras in the boot!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 16th Apr 2012 at 09:15
tommy_306

Regular

Post #19
Just to update. I fitted the k&n yesterday, and will attempt to fit the cat today if the weather improves.

I'm also going to try and do a compression test and I'll post the results along with the condition of the spark plugs to see if we can diagnose the problem!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 17th Apr 2012 at 08:03
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
Could be worn piston rings or early sign of head gasket failure does she use any oil ? Any oil the air filter hoses oily ?

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 17th Apr 2012 at 14:37
tommy_306

Regular

Post #21
I don't know if she use much oil. I've just got back in from a test drive after fitting the cat so I'll let the oil settle now, check and record the level and keep an eye on it over the next couple of days.

There was a bit of oil in the air filter inlet pipe, and when I looked into the homemade decat I've just removed, it was shiny. Now I don't know if this is from oil or just soot! I could reach in far enough!

It drives like a dream though!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 17th Apr 2012 at 14:45
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
Sounds like worn piston rings your know if some one follows you and give it some beans if little poof of black smoke there worn,, ive run a car like that for a year with no problem my 1st car just topped the oil up from time to time

Posted 17th Apr 2012 at 14:52
tommy_306

Regular

Post #23
Yeah I'll give that a try. I'm sure the smoke is just whitey/blue colour.

Think I might fit the grpN engine mounts tomorrow as I think the standard ones are shot! I told myself not to get into working on it as I'd get attached and want to keep it! Big grin

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 17th Apr 2012 at 14:58
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
Save the mounts for the new engine yr going to need....then keep it.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 17th Apr 2012 at 18:36
tommy_306

Regular

Post #25
I've seen the next car I want so I'm open to offers as I need this shifted!

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 18th Apr 2012 at 17:59

Pages (2): [1] 2