displaying posts 1 to 25 of 125

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last

Author Subject: Custom beam
b11 bob Banned!

Post #1
306 GTI6 and Xasara VTS trailing arms fit a 205 gti beam. So do the Torsion bars fit a 205 beam with gti6/vts trailing arms ? Is it possible to fit a gti6 /vts rear beam to a 205 ? Or can you get the torsion bars off a gti6/Vts beam and fit them to a 205 beam ,if they are longer can you cut them down to fit ?Getting confused does anyone know about the above your guidance advice is much needed to say the least.

205 GTI6 235 bhp at 7400 rpm
Posted 8th Apr 2012 at 12:48
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
just buy uprated torsion bars for the 205 beam, far simpler and cheaper.

or get in touch with someone like colin satchell and get a coilover turret added.

306/zx/xsara torsion bars are quite obviously, too long.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Apr 2012 at 13:03
b11 bob Banned!

Post #3
welshpug! wrote:
just buy uprated torsion bars for the 205 beam, far simpler and cheaper.

or get in touch with someone like colin satchell and get a coilover turret added.

306/zx/xsara torsion bars are quite obviously, too long.

Yes it is obvious Vts/Gti6 Torsion bars are to long but can they be cut to size.Uprated pugsport torsion bars are very rare and expensive and not very cost effective on the scheme of building a solid 205 which i indend to keep for a good few years. Whoes to say the seller is actually selling the pugsport ones ? The companys that make and sell new Torsion bars are getting mixed responses due to some saying that the material they use is not the same as original spec.So the better option if it is feasable is to cut the vts/gti6 tb's to fit my 205 that way i know i will be getting a original spec tb's.While doing this i can also use the trailing arms and have a complete refurbed beam.I could pick up Gti6/vts complete rear beam from a breakers yard etc cheaper than buying uprated torsion bars.So is it possible that the gti6/vts tb's can be cut to size for a 205 beam?

Posted 8th Apr 2012 at 13:34
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
you dont have to go peugeot sport for torsion bars, PM anthony, he can supply them.

the materials these days will almost certainly be different, 30 years of metallurgy development has occurred, as long as its suitable and treated properly its not an issue.

torsion bars cannot be cut down and re-splined unless they are massive sizes.

306/xsara trailing arms will fit straight on as they are now without changing the torsion bars.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Apr 2012 at 13:45
b11 bob Banned!

Post #5
welshpug! wrote:
you dont have to go peugeot sport for torsion bars, PM anthony, he can supply them.

the materials these days will almost certainly be different, 30 years of metallurgy development has occurred, as long as its suitable and treated properly its not an issue.

torsion bars cannot be cut down and re-splined unless they are massive sizes.

306/xsara trailing arms will fit straight on as they are now without changing the torsion bars.

Cheers Pal
Whos Antony ? can you send me his user id contact details etc please

Posted 8th Apr 2012 at 13:49
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
spelt with a h, anthony.

just a cool guy that has the 205 bug bad, lives in Swindon and can get hold of uprated torsion bars.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Apr 2012 at 13:53
dav1

Regular

Post #7
Can you give us a brief spec of your engine sounds interesting ? Cheers dave

230bhp 205 gti6
Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 11:54
b11 bob Banned!

Post #8
dav1 wrote:
Can you give us a brief spec of your engine sounds interesting ? Cheers dave

If i tell you i would have to kill you lol.Ive built this engine and its set up which makes a mockery of every Peugeot tuner in the land who say i cannot be done.To this day they say you cant get 235 bhp on a na gti6 engine running on carbs and a dizzy adaptor well i have and you seen the rolling road graph with 235 bhp at 7400rpm .I had on a standard engine with carbs and dizzy adaptor 213 bhp which every tuner man and his dog and folk on here say cannot be done, expect for Longman where i had it rolling road tuned and was if you dont know already considered to be the top Peugeot tuner.Cant recall many people talking about Andy sorry Sandy when Longman was around.Im actually thinking of selling this engine for the right price 235bhp is getting boring and the idea of a 205 GTI6 Turbo with 500bhp and 4 wheel drive is begining to float my boat.
Back to your question give me a ring and ill gladly tell you the spec would not want to upset folk on here and their sponsored tuners by posting a spec of my homemade engine with dizzy adaptor.
Just to keep this thread on topic im still after a custom rear beam solution i think it should have a gti6 /xasra vts trailing arms and 23mm tb's and a 25 mm arb any suggestions on this ?

Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 13:01
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
bob, Is it still a 2.0 ??

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 14:13
b11 bob Banned!

Post #10
eliotrw wrote:
bob, Is it still a 2.0 ??

Yes its still a 2 litre

Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 14:29
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Nice.... I would have thought you would have went to 2.1 or 2.2 for that.. Imagine if you did:O

Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 15:09
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #12
Sandy wasn't building engines as a career back when Longman was around, he has since rebuilt and improved upon a Longman EW race engine that dropped a valve.

As for the beam, yeah plenty have done that, its not particularly expensive to do so though given the choice I'd go upright coilover damper.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 15:20
b11 bob Banned!

Post #13
eliotrw wrote:
Nice.... I would have thought you would have went to 2.1 or 2.2 for that.. Imagine if you did:O
A lot of money to get to 2.1/2 not much gain im now considering to do a gti6 turbo My mates got a Nissan GTR and i want to beat him in my 205 only way to is a gti6 turbo engine like this chap called birk on here is doing

Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 15:20
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #14
actually costs no more to build a 2.2 than a proper 2.0.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 15:23
b11 bob Banned!

Post #15
welshpug! wrote:
actually costs no more to build a 2.2 than a proper 2.0.
Yes it does but what a car the end result would give you and fair play to birk he is doing all this on his own without involving any tuners.Regards the beam spoke to Colin Satchel and hes advising to fit 22 mm tb's .This chap called Sarti has got a 205 with rear coilovers but hes car is off the road at the moment which is a shame because i wanted to have a look at his rear beam set up before going down that route.It really seems like a good option for the future when i put my Gti6 turbo engine in 22 mm tb's might not be enough to cope with 500 bhp plus anyway cheers for the advice yet again young Welshpug

Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 21:37
alastairh

Regular

Post #16
22mm bars will cope fine if its just a toy road car / occasional track day. With 500bhp boost, you have other areas to be more concerned about, and thats from someone that use to own a 270bhp or so T16 engined 306 with a heavy foot.

Al

205 GTI6
Primera GT
Xsara VTS
306 GTI6
Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 22:22
b11 bob Banned!

Post #17
alastairh wrote:
22mm bars will cope fine if its just a toy road car / occasional track day. With 500bhp boost, you have other areas to be more concerned about, and thats from someone that use to own a 270bhp or so T16 engined 306 with a heavy foot.

Al

Yes you are correct i will have lots of areas to sort out like how to get the power down ie traction being the main potencial issue the rest of it we can sort out hopefully with people like you for advice etc cheers pal

Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 23:10
b11 bob Banned!

Post #18
alastairh wrote:

Al

A driver on this forum with a heavy foot bit rare and heres me thinking im the only one on here that drives with a heavy foot and treats his car like a toy any more folk on here like this ?

Posted 10th Apr 2012 at 23:20
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
There's quite a difference between driving with a heavy foot and driving like a twat

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 11th Apr 2012 at 10:09
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
b11 bob wrote:
alastairh wrote:

Al

Yes you are correct i will have lots of areas to sort out like how to get the power down ie traction being the main potencial issue the rest of it we can sort out hopefully with people like you for advice etc cheers pal

If you are going 4wd as you suggested then I would have thought your main issue is finding a suitable donor car.
For the f**king about and money, you might as well just buy a proper 4wd car.

If its not going to be 4wd then I probably wouldn't bother going above 300BHp. I doubt you'll go any faster with more power - the pug1off yellow 205 has always seemed pointless to me whenever i've seen it, just wheelspin under about 80. You do seem to be very hung up on headline power figures though.

Do you have a few graphs from Longmans to give us an idea of what its doing? Torque curves etc.

Nothing to see here
Posted 11th Apr 2012 at 10:20
b11 bob Banned!

Post #21
adam b wrote:
b11 bob wrote:
alastairh wrote:

Al

If you are going 4wd as you suggested then I would have thought your main issue is finding a suitable donor car.
For the f**king about and money, you might as well just buy a proper 4wd car.

If its not going to be 4wd then I probably wouldn't bother going above 300BHp. I doubt you'll go any faster with more power - the pug1off yellow 205 has always seemed pointless to me whenever i've seen it, just wheelspin under about 80. You do seem to be very hung up on headline power figures though.

Do you have a few graphs from Longmans to give us an idea of what its doing? Torque curves etc.

I just love the pug 205 and have had various different engines for the past 22 years since owning one it started with a 1.6 then 1.9 then a 1.9 with a 1.6 box ,Mi16 conversion ,Mi16 on carbs ,Gtis on carbs all on my Dimma.Now ive got a standard 205 with this present engine which is ok but does not handle like my Dimma did even with the Gaz gold etc.Back in the days the holy grail of all Peugeots was a T16 Conversion problem with that is what happens when you smash the block ? where do you get another block from ?Ive smashed through a 1.9 engine ,Mi16 Engine twice And im on my 4th gti6 engine.4 X 4 is the best option but its a lot of hassle to do for me bearing in mind im not a mechanic.However to do a Gti6 turbo like how Birk is doing is feasable.Pug1off car is doing 1/4 Mile in 11.2 secs with its wheelspin no other pug i know off can do this unless you know off one ?Another 205 i really like is SOS 205 hes done a good job on his Gti6 Conversion.Headline figuers is what its all about to a certain degree if i do a Gti6 Turbo which is looking very likely the more i think about it lol i will have to beat pug1off's 1/4 mile time or theres no point in even starting the project.Ive spoken to a few people already about this and the gearing has to be spot on to stop it like you so rightly said from wheelspinning and wheelspining.Also the management has to be mapped using the advances in technology we have these days like incoporating gear changes and rpm boost settings and so many other factors that have to be in perfect.
As recards to buying a proper 4x4 car theres really only one car thats doing it out there at the moment and thats the NISSAN GTR no cars anywhere near it standard form from the showroom it wipes the floor with almost any car tweek it and its unbeatable my mates got one with 800bhp plus price £50,000 in standard form Pug 205 gti6 turbo built by your sweat blood tears and hard earned money under 10 k saving of 40 k and you drive the car you love that will beat a GTR in standard form .

Posted 11th Apr 2012 at 11:58
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
as mentioned in the T16 for sale thread. The t16 block is common. its just the inards that aren't

Posted 11th Apr 2012 at 12:12
b11 bob Banned!

Post #23
eliotrw wrote:
as mentioned in the T16 for sale thread. The t16 block is common. its just the inards that aren't

What other engine has the same block ? I always thought it was different to all other blocks cheers pal

Posted 11th Apr 2012 at 13:01
maddriver9

Regular

Post #24
b11bob you printed that graph off google, dav1 told me. 235 bhp lol.
you talk pooh tang.

178bhp 205gti6
¼ mile in 14.2
Posted 12th Apr 2012 at 09:26
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
b11 bob wrote:
eliotrw wrote:

What other engine has the same block ? I always thought it was different to all other blocks cheers pal

Quite a few, its all in the for sale thread for the t16 engine. Gti-6 for one anyway.

Posted 12th Apr 2012 at 09:28

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last