displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: Wheel spacer pics
pugbowk

Regular

Post #1
hi, intrested in gettng wheel spacers
want a few ideas on sizes etc
please could somebody post some pics of there cars with wheel spacers on so i get a rough idea
any help would be awsome
thanks
Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 10:34
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #2
Huh?

what wheels you wanting to put on?
the best wheel spacers are just hub centric wheel spacers,..
so that they fit into the Alloy in question and your less likely to get the wobble factor!

the thickness of the spacer will depend on the offset of the wheel,..

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 11:02
pugbowk

Regular

Post #3
un decided on the wheels, have been doing a bit of research before i purchase anything, just wanted to see a few pictures get an idea of where they sit etc
Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 11:06
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
If you buy wheels with the correct fitment, then you will have no need to use spacers.

From personal experience, I would avoid using spacers completely.
Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 11:09
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #5
stu wrote:
If you buy wheels with the correct fitment, then you will have no need to use spacers.

From personal experience, I would avoid using spacers completely.

Yes yopu can't get better than the proper offset et18/19

but some wheels just don't come in the correct offset! ie OZ Superleggeras
find the wheels you like the look of then decided if you can fit them and how LOL

Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 11:34
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
gnrlee wrote:

depends on wheel width, the 19mm figure only applies to the standard 6" wide wheels.

a 6.5" wide ET28 wheel will actually fit without spacers, though most 7" wheels that are direct pug fit are nearer ET11.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 12:30
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #7
welshpug! wrote:
gnrlee wrote:

depends on wheel width, the 19mm figure only applies to the standard 6" wide wheels.

a 6.5" wide ET28 wheel will actually fit without spacers, though most 7" wheels that are direct pug fit are nearer ET11.

my lions are et28 j7iirc? think thats 7" wide?
but they defo require 10mm spacers LOL

Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 12:37
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
The size of spacer needed would be down to the offset of wheel being fitted for a 306 the ideal offset is ET 15-18 so if your buying some Ford fitment wheels with an offset of ET38 a spacer 20-23mm is needed to convert the offset to ET15-18, the other thing you need to consider is the wheel and hub centre bore so that a spacer fits nice and snug to the hub and wheel fits to the spacer with no up down movement so your not resting the weight of the car on the wheel bolts thread, your better off buying wheels then finding spacers to fit what dimensions you have

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 14:38
steve-o

Regular

Post #9
For the last 4 or more years I ran 18mm (Ford to Peugeot) s/s delta mic hubcentric wheel spacers without concern. The spacer bolted to the hub then the wheel to the spacer. Just my preference. Unfortunately i do not have any pictures clearly showing the spacer attached to hub, however the end result:

Lowered 40mm and no scrubbage.

HTH

Stevie

I sh!t on the chest of fun Smile
Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 17:33
king of the hill

Regular

Post #10

2mm machined of spacer centre bore,ford fitment 20mm spacers

DON!T BUY IT---EARN IT
Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 17:59
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
id say anywhere between 15 - 25mm gives a good wheel to arch alignment. i needed a minimum of 15mm for my 205 1.9 gti alloys to fit on my car. in chrome powder coat they looked the d's b's

as for advice on spacers, get hubcentric spacers with extended bolts. do not get cheap halfords one size fits all spacers, do not get wheel adaptors (where you bolt to adaptor to the hub and the wheel to the adaptor), do not think you can get away with using original length bolts, plastic spigot rings are a big no.....tbh spigot rings in general are a no.

i threw a front wheel at 70mph on the aston expressway due to 25mm hubcentric adaptors (not spacers) i bought on ebay. since then ive used 15mm hubcentric spacers with the correct length extended bolts and not had a problem.

im also gonna be anal here and say whatever alloys you have in mind, make sure they can be used with said hubcentric spacers and extended bolts and dont require adaptors or spigot rings etc.

here are a few pics of my car before the accident with 15mm spacers. they looked nowhere as good as the 25mm adaptors but id rather keep my wheels on than look fooking a. they are now spacing my cyclones on my new gti they give a wheel to arch nearly as good as my gti wheels with 25mm spacers.

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 8th Apr 2012 at 13:08
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
sorry, forgot to mention a few things but spacers WILL ruin your turning circle. its best not to have them unless you really need them. i did as i fitted coilovers and the retro 205 wheels both of which require spacing. make sure you check every bolt regularily, as i mentioned above i had a rather harrowing experience which is why i check them so frequently, its been over a year though and every time i check my bolts with this correct method of spacing nothing has been amiss.

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 8th Apr 2012 at 13:23