displaying posts 26 to 36 of 36

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Madness On Wheels: Rallying's Craziest years
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #26
Actually we were playing civ pop so were in civvies so we sat down for a bit and watched the ravers off their faces on "e" which was in plentiful supply. We then got back in our car and were then ambushed moments later LOL

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 19:34
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
ian7675 wrote:
Actually we were playing civ pop so were in civvies so we sat down for a bit and watched the ravers off their faces on "e" which was in plentiful supply. We then got back in our car and were then ambushed moments later LOL

haha must of been one hell of an exercise.

I remember going on one to do Riot training; not the training you see often with Potatoes and harmless beating practised... Hell no! We had Bricks, furniture and petrol bombs thrown at us!!
It was brilliant!!!! Hyper

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 19:49
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #28
We did that regularly in Northern Ireland, biggest thing I had thrown at me was an engine block, quickly followed by a full exhaust system. Scary times and that was just training. Good fun though isn't it LOL

Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 19:52
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
ian7675 wrote:
We did that regularly in Northern Ireland, biggest thing I had thrown at me was an engine block, quickly followed by a full exhaust system. Scary times and that was just training. Good fun though isn't it LOL

Damn right it's fun Thumbs up I loved every second of it, sadly that was one of the last decent exercises i went on because shortly after that the regiment couldn't afford to go on anything more than 'back to basics' LOL

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 20:13
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #30
This is what we used to do on a regular basis in N.I: Clicky.

At one of those locations in the video I had a milk bottle smashed over my head and a brick smacked me in the ankle from a distance. All good fun.

Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 20:37
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Between what years did you serve then? Looked quite brutal in that video tbh, i would've wanted to deploy over there and take that on. Sad

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 21:19
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #32
I did a 2 year tour in 2000/01and then again in 2003. The Police (RUC back then) had their own riot squads and they were literally like the dogs of war, really scary guys who would just steam into a crowd on their own given the chance.

Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 21:23
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
ian7675 wrote:
I did a 2 year tour in 2000/01and then again in 2003. The Police (RUC back then) had their own riot squads and they were literally like the dogs of war, really scary guys who would just steam into a crowd on their own given the chance.

I was still in Secondary school then!! Big grin

Doesn't surprise me that they would go in straight away! No

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 21:58
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
ian7675 wrote:
I came across an illegal rave in some woods whilst on a military exercise once LOL

did the mewla national rally (in my old nova gte) over epynt Military ranges Brecon a few years back and they cancelled one of the main stages as a 25,000 people illegal rave had "appeared over night" they diverted us around the "venue" to keep the rally going and the mongs were sitting staring at the skies tripping out watching rally cars pass by 2004 I think it was....

rich306 wrote:

I meant in terms of crowd control, it's awesome watching it! i had the pleasure of watching part of the Welsh rally whilst on a military exercise one time:

isnt that Caerwent by chepstow??? had a mahassive accident there way back when dinosaurs walked the earth.....

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 15th Dec 2012 at 09:42
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
I once had a rover v8 thrown at me, came hurtling towards me at speed, luckily they threw it to hard and it went straight over me landing 50 yards behind, but then I had to dodge the whole chassis, that was close, but the final straw was when the gearbox, prop and diff from a range rover came
Hurtling towards me I thought f**k this, and left after that.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 15th Dec 2012 at 10:08
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
yippeekayay wrote:
ian7675 wrote:
I came across an illegal rave in some woods whilst on a military exercise once LOL

did the mewla national rally (in my old nova gte) over epynt Military ranges Brecon a few years back and they cancelled one of the main stages as a 25,000 people illegal rave had "appeared over night" they diverted us around the "venue" to keep the rally going and the mongs were sitting staring at the skies tripping out watching rally cars pass by 2004 I think it was....

rich306 wrote:

I meant in terms of crowd control, it's awesome watching it! i had the pleasure of watching part of the Welsh rally whilst on a military exercise one time:

isnt that Caerwent by chepstow??? had a mahassive accident there way back when dinosaurs walked the earth.....

Yes mate, that is Caerwent; You reminded me where it was haha! Had forgotten the name of that place. Wink

What did you do to cause the accident?

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 15th Dec 2012 at 15:31

Pages (2): 1 [2]