displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: WANTED - GTI6 - Will pay up to £1500
fox3

Regular

Post #1
I'm on the look out for a GTI6.

Ideally, I'd like it to be fairly local (Yorkshire), but I'm willing to travel the length of the country for the right one!

I'm after something that is...

Taxed and MOT'd that I can drive home
No engine issues, I've not got the time to fix a tapping head (Unless it's very cheap!)
Good condition inside and out
Well maintained
Idealy, Black, White, Blue or Red

I don’t want…

A Cat C write off
Gold paint
An XSI, Dturbo or anything other than A GTI6 or Rallye
Something that’s been hammered or abused (Yes I know they've all been driven hard, but no utter rubbish!)

Willing to pay up to £1500 for a good late car with lower milage. Although I'd rather spend £500!!!

Let me know what you've got, photos or a link to a for sale advert would be ideal.

Cheers
Posted 26th Mar 2012 at 15:50
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
This... Or one like it.

There is a lot to look for on ebay/pistonheads/autotrader, but i can vouch for this one myself as i have seen it in the flesh.

Make what you will of the price, but regardless of that it Looks to be a good runner. Especially as the timing belt and water pump were changed about 6k ago (you will spend around £300 when this is due possibly more) So thats out of the way, have a look and see what you think.

I know somerset is not at all local to yorkshire, I lived in harrogate a few years back, but a trip down south can easily be done in a day and cheaply of properly booked in advance.

Some of the best motor's need to be travelled for.

If not, happy hunting!

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 27th Mar 2012 at 23:14
fox3

Regular

Post #3
Bought one!

Thanks for everyone that helped!
Posted 30th Mar 2012 at 16:04