displaying posts 26 to 34 of 34

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Sub and Amp Fitting
notoriouslor

Regular

Post #26
Do I need to lift the carpets to run the cables?
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 19:38
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Look to the pics in the link I posted, it's for a 106, but you can work similarly.

and yes, for the 306 you even need to remove the seat, because there is a bulge under the seat, when the seat is gone and the carpet lifted you can reach it easily, there is a hole in that bulge (about 1"x2" sized) where you can easily put the cable through (extra protection is always good, or just make sure it can't move too much)

You will have to remove the hinges of the rear bench too in order to reach under the carpet properly.

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Astor 306 Francorchamps RIP
Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 19:48
woody.

Senior User

Post #28
You DO NOT need to remove the seats or lift the carpets. Simply lift the door sills (black things!) and push the cable down and put the sills back on. The power lead can run between the seat and the B pillar no problem.

I'm not sure how dragoon has run his but it's pretty easy just pushing it all underneath the carpet Smile
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 20:04
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Not when using 2awg sized cable you won't.
WAY too thick to push it down the side...

And when already running 3pairs or speakerwire and some other electrical wire (separate circuit for lighting) you wont have enough space to cram in all in... (even with thinner cable)

I've done many installs and several were in 306's, tried almost every possible route Smile
Trust me, I'm showing the best option (not the shortest)

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 20:20
woody.

Senior User

Post #30
Just saying that if the OP's just running one amp power cable there's no point removing half the interior to do it when you can fit it down the side and save the hassle Dunno

notoriouslor: how many amps are you wanting to run and what size wire are you thinking? In fact, just post up the spec of the system!
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 22:11
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
woody. wrote:
In fact, just post up the spec of the system!

^this Thumbs up

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 22:21
notoriouslor

Regular

Post #32
Its just a single amp and sub that I'm fitting guys
Posted 31st Mar 2012 at 23:12
notoriouslor

Regular

Post #33
Its just a single amp and sub that I'm fitting guys
Posted 31st Mar 2012 at 23:16
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Use 4 awg your get away with it, i removed seats anyway.. I run mine down the drivers side though you don't ahave to touch a drill then Smile

Post the full setup as mentioned.
Posted 1st Apr 2012 at 10:19

Pages (2): 1 [2]