displaying posts 26 to 35 of 35

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: decided to go for a Rich W flywheel :)
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #26
eliotrw wrote:
Sorry for a silly question. but i think I know where my oil is going now... Sad
Oh well, I always look for excuses to do things like that so i'll pick up a flywheel.
How much would it cost for a garage to do that seal do you think?

your leak is probably caused by the seal in the end piece of block casing. meaning sump needs to come off and new OE strip seals and auto- joint. then new crank end seal and flywheel on.
Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 22:01
Stuwee

Senior User

Post #27
honestly3k wrote:
Steering wheel wobbles on throttle in 3rd/4th/5th/6th when giving it the beans since i did my ball joints.
Would you say thats cos tracking is out?

Driveshaft inner joint not happy

Ph1 Cossack 6

Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 22:07
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
honestly3k wrote:
Steering wheel wobbles on throttle in 3rd/4th/5th/6th when giving it the beans since i did my ball joints.

Stuwee wrote:
Driveshaft.

+1 for driveshaft. Normally driver side as that's the shaft most of the power is sent to.

How early we talking Chris?

Team Nile 6 Superman
Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
5 x a 306 owner!
currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
I truely live for the 306 ®
Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 22:09
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Stuwee wrote:
honestly3k wrote:

Thats what i was afraid of Doh

I lost about a litre of gearbox oil when i changed the balljoints and just pushed it back in so would you think the shake is the result of it not seating properly? Will i have wrecked the gearbox seal?
Saying that im fairly certain im not losing any gearbox oil on a day to day basis.... Drivers side didnt come out when i did that ball joint, but then it cant can it?

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 22:45
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
mattgti6phase2 wrote:
honestly3k wrote:

Stuwee wrote:
Driveshaft.

+1 for driveshaft. Normally driver side as that's the shaft most of the power is sent to.

Early as you can do fella. I imagine it will take about 2-3 hours to do so maybe a 10am start?!

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 22:46
Stuwee

Senior User

Post #31
honestly3k wrote:
Stuwee wrote:
honestly3k wrote:

Thats what i was afraid of Doh

I lost about a litre of gearbox oil when i changed the balljoints and just pushed it back in so would you think the shake is the result of it not seating properly? Will i have wrecked the gearbox seal?
Saying that im fairly certain im not losing any gearbox oil on a day to day basis.... Drivers side didnt come out when i did that ball joint, but then it cant can it?

What you have most likely done is broke the spring in the inner d/s joint on either the n/s or o/s. My bet would be the n/s joint. The spring reduces the movement of the shaft in the joint.

Ph1 Cossack 6

Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 23:00
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
honestly3k wrote:
mattgti6phase2 wrote:
honestly3k wrote:

Stuwee wrote:
Driveshaft.

Early as you can do fella. I imagine it will take about 2-3 hours to do so maybe a 10am start?!

2-3 hours to do brakes?? Shock

Half that really if you include the rears. As your above post the shake from putting the shaft back in will have made no difference. If you damaged the seal you'd know about it.

When my driveshaft shat itself it nearly shook the car to pieces. I'll do my best to be up early. I'm watch the Australian f1 qualy live and that starts at 6am I think Wink

Team Nile 6 Superman
Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
5 x a 306 owner!
currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
I truely live for the 306 ®
Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 23:03
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Anyone know the service box part number of said spring? Is it easy to replace? Might get a chance to look at it when we're doing brakes...

Ok's Matt well we could do them earlier if you want then you can go back to bed after LOL

Could prob do later than 10am though. Not sure what time I'm setting off for southampton, dependent on when my mates wana set off!

Looks like I ballsed up yet another diy job on the car with this shake, should just stick to removing wheels....oh wait I can't do that properly either! Doh

Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 23:14
Stuwee

Senior User

Post #34
Spring part of the inner joint i think. New shaft time.

Ph1 Cossack 6

Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 23:19
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
Stuwee wrote:
Spring part of the inner joint i think. New shaft time.

Ah I see....most likely the ns shaft then after I man handled it? Can only be that one really as I didn't touch drivers side as its secured in isn't it?

Posted 13th Mar 2012 at 23:24

Pages (2): 1 [2]