displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: not the normal central locking issue
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
this seems like a lost cause on this site, even after looking through the archives.

my phase 3 306 does not lock remotely anymore, i have changed the battery in the fob to no avail. the "REPORGRAMMING SEQUENCE" on here doesnt seem to work

the previous owner says it stopped working in the heavy snow we had a few month back.

id love to have a crack fixing it but im stuck.........first of all the receiver is not in the roof centre console as with older IR recievers.

the central locking module is not under the driver seat or driver side rear passenger seat as with other older 306's.

where the f*ck is the receiver in phase 3's? where the f*ck are any of the parts on the phase 3?

under the drivers seat there are two "free" connectors a single pinned yellow earth one and a two pinned red one.......could this have anything to do with it all? whatever they were plugged into is gone or a cant see it for poop n love, are they just "diagnostic cables"

please some help guys

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 11th Mar 2012 at 13:13
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
mine didnt lock remotely either when i got it, to fix it i took it to Rich W/Lynx and they sorted it for me

supercharged China gti6 - Thu 16th Sep 1999 - sold
2010 megane rs250
Posted 11th Mar 2012 at 16:42
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
thats really helpful

Posted 12th Mar 2012 at 00:22
woody.

Senior User

Post #4
I would help you, but I don't know much about central locking, sorry Dunno
Posted 12th Mar 2012 at 00:46
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #5
The phase 3 has a single security ECU located in the bottom of the dash that combines the alarm, central locking and immobiliser.

If the manual re-synchronisation technique does not work then you will need the fob reprogrammed via diagnostics.

Rich
Posted 12th Mar 2012 at 00:49
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
^^^ see so my comment was relevant. The guys at Lynx have the required knowledge and equipment to reprogram it for you

supercharged China gti6 - Thu 16th Sep 1999 - sold
2010 megane rs250
Posted 12th Mar 2012 at 09:54
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
thanks for the info rich.
found the box, disconnected it, gave it a good shake, plugged it back in. damned thing still doesn't want to synchronise the key Sad
ive just read back on here that you said this box contains the alarm, central locking and immobiliser.
just to clarify is the signal receiver (and aerial) located in that box aswell? or are either one hiding somewhere else in the car?

Posted 14th Mar 2012 at 23:26
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #8
The aerial for the transponder is around the ignition barrel. Wink

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 14th Mar 2012 at 23:29
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #9
the receiver is in the usual position, roof console, and the transponder aerial also in the usual position, clipped around the ignition barrel.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 14th Mar 2012 at 23:30
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #10
jimmyhackers wrote:
thanks for the info rich.
found the box, disconnected it, gave it a good shake, plugged it back in. damned thing still doesn't want to synchronise the key Sad
ive just read back on here that you said this box contains the alarm, central locking and immobiliser.
just to clarify is the signal receiver (and aerial) located in that box aswell? or are either one hiding somewhere else in the car?

LOL It's a bunch of crap soldered to a circuit board. Shaking it about probably stands more of a chance of breaking it than fixing anything!

As for the aerial for the fob, that is indeed soldered to the circuit board in the box too.

Rich
Posted 14th Mar 2012 at 23:35
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
thanks for the info guys. looks like the receiver in the roof has been leaked on : ( are these units generic or key fob specific? i.e. will a trip to a scrapies/ebay be a worthwhile punt?

i like the "shake" method, its like the "hit" it method. works wonders with sticky relays and things im too p**sed off to fix

Posted 16th Mar 2012 at 01:26
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #12
There is no receiver in the roof on a phase 3. It's inside the box, as I said above.

If the manual re-sync doesn't work then either:

1. The fob is broken
2. The fob is not programmed into the security system
3. The fob was once programmed but has been locked out

In all cases, you won't get it working again without hooking it up to diagnostics.

You will need the security code to do this, which is on a blue credit card-type card with a scratch off panel on it. If you don't have this then Peugeot can look up the code for you, but will charge you around £30 for it.

Rich
Posted 16th Mar 2012 at 08:06
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
thanks for the info again rich......you have to be one of the most helpful/knowledgable people on here...... the xsi only cost me 400 as a daily run around so im not really up for spending money on it to get it back to perfect (im guesing a new fob/reprogramming will be around a quarter what i already paid for the car?). was hoping for a cheeky unplugged wire or sticky relay etc...... but looks like no luck on that front.
ive already mentioned this but ill ask again. i found out my rev counter wasnt working due to the wiring loom on the passenger side by the bottom of the rad had taken a nasty knock. the only completely mangled wire was a red one for the rev counter. a few others look like they took some force but sheathings wernt broken/split so i left them. would i be best off re-addressing the wires in that loom again?

i.e. do any of those wires have anything to do with the remote side of the central locking system?

Posted 19th Mar 2012 at 14:45
warner

Junior User

Post #14
Mate, see my post on the other thread. It was the snow that did mine, it seems the.copper powder/rust keeps the connection. As soon as we had the snow, it cleans it out almost and you lose the connection.

'96 GTI-6 daily
'93 180SX drifter

20 Febuary 1997 - Thursday's car..has far to go? Wink
Posted 30th Mar 2012 at 08:53