displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Sh*t Steering circle
tarret

Regular

Post #1
Hi I've got a s16 and I've recently taken the steering rack off to replace the ram and the tracking rods and track rod ends,
Since I've put it all back together I've lost quarter of a turn to the right and gained a quarter to the left,
I was thinking I may of put the rack back on not central which I'm not sure on how to sort it out without takin the rack back off,
Can anyone help on this problem or know how I can centralize the rack without takin it off
Cheers
Posted 10th Mar 2012 at 20:49
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
just set both track rod ends to the same length, then get the tracking set, ignore where the steering wheel is pointing tiul its all done, then re-set it.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 10th Mar 2012 at 23:11
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #3
im assuming you have had the wheel alignment done, we had a similar problem on a customers 106,
turned

out to be that the muppet who set the tracking had screwed one of the track rod ends on too much

and hadn't centralised the steering wheel
Posted 10th Mar 2012 at 23:13
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #4
welshpug, you beat me to it lol!!
Posted 10th Mar 2012 at 23:14
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
i think i have this issue on mine.
took it for a quick cheap temporary allignment after rebuilding before i took it to the proper people and they set it to the steering wheel centre when i told them i think i put the steering wheel on off central.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 11th Mar 2012 at 09:34
tarret

Regular

Post #6
I did have it tracked and yeah I've looked and one track rob is screwed in more than the other,
I'll put them pretty much equal an get it re tracked then I'll sort the steerin wheel out,
Cheers
Posted 12th Mar 2012 at 20:28